Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 24th, 2008, 08:56 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Fyorlag Spiders

The Book of Fyorlag Spiders
Ticalla Jungle - Tree and Brush Pack with Spiders

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: - Deep in the heart of the Ticalla Jungle, great threads of silk hang from the trees. The silk catches the falling rain, forming it into a thousand beads of crystal. When the rain clouds clear and light pours in through the jungle’s leafy canopy, the webs of the Fyorlag Spiders shine, revealing their intricately crafted beauty.

When the sun burns away the droplets of rain, the web nearly disappears from sight. The kyrie of the Moon Tribe know how to look for the silver tendrils of a fyorlag’s web, but those foreign to the jungle do not.

The web will latch onto a man and hold him tight. Struggling against the silken trap can win the man his freedom, but the fyorlag spiders won’t likely wait long enough for that to happen.

(Hasbro)

(Images courtesy of truth)
Yes, you may move any three Fyorlag Spiders you control, use Entangling Web with any three Spiders engaged to a single figure, and then attack with the same three that you moved. (Link)

Synergy Benefits Recieved
- VENOC WARLORD : Scout Leadership
As Scouts, Fyorlag Spiders may benefit from Venoc Warlord's SCOUT LEADERSHIP movement enhancement.

- ESTIVARA : Lolth's Judgement Aura
As arachnids, Fyorlag Spiders may benefit from Estivara's LOLTH'S JUDGEMENT AURA adding an additional attack.

- BRAVE ARROW : Scout Melee Attack Enhancement
Fyorlag Spiders may add one attack die when adjacent to Brave Arrow and attacking an adjacent figure.

Synergy Benefits Offered
- PREADTOR BONDING : Predator Units
* Sujoah
* Wyvern
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

- TBA

First Impressions
Army Ideas

Power Rankings

Jexik: Fyorlag Spiders- I don't know which one's Gary, and which one's Olaf, but they're tough to win with, even with the new units in D1. C+

OEAO: B

Cleon: Tier 5 (115/208)

dok (VC inclusive): They're not quite the Greenscales, but a Quahon/Spider army can be a fearsome combination. B+

Unit Strategy Review

- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 15th, 2019 at 01:24 PM. Reason: vc added
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:23 AM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Fyorlag Spiders

I think these spiders could give the Deathreavers a run for their 40 points at being a new type of locking up unit, not in the sense that the high-ish 4 defense Deathreavers lock down, but with the annoying order marker removal. The bonding allows for the spiders to not 'waste' turns on them, since you can activate Sujoah as well!
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love these new spiders, but I would hate going against a bunch of squads of them. They can be a real pain just like a lot of Zombies or Deathreavers.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:03 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Zombies have Rise Again, the D'Reavers have Scatter, Spiders have Entangling Web...

Annoying powers seems to go a long way.
Old June 27th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
The Zombies have Rise Again, the D'Reavers have Scatter, Spiders have Entangling Web...

Annoying power at an inexpensive cost is the best part.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old June 27th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post

Annoying power at an inexpensive cost is the best part.

R~
I love the spiders...Insomnimaniac's wolves didn't agree.
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:03 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
I love the spiders...Insomnimaniac's wolves didn't agree.
Neither did his Sentinels, although I suspect they weren't affected nearly as much.

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old June 28th, 2008, 03:09 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

Don't have the jungle, so I can't say much about these experience wise... But considering what I've done with Sujoah by himself, I don't like to think what he could do with the spiders...
Old July 10th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hello. Yesterday I was playing a game and my opponent had the Fyorlag Spiders and was using their climb x3 ability to go up elevations. When the spiders came back down I said "falling damage", but then thought that could not be right.

I'd just like to know if they also have falling x3, or if they take damage from falling from a height of 3 or even 2. I assume they do take damage from these low drops, but I wanted to make sure. This would be helpful info to me concerning all the units with the climb enhancement ability.

Thank You. Sorry if this a bad question in the wrong place. I searched a bit and didn't find an answer.
Old July 10th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Climbx3 does NOT save them from falling damage - the Spiders need to take the stairs.

~Aldin, falling too fast

EDIT Oops! /EDIT

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Last edited by Aldin; July 10th, 2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old July 10th, 2008, 03:14 PM
...Huzzah!

EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Hello. Yesterday I was playing a game and my opponent had the Fyorlag Spiders and was using their climb x3 ability to go up elevations. When the spiders came back down I said "falling damage", but then thought that could not be right.

I'd just like to know if they also have falling x3, or if they take damage from falling from a height of 3 or even 2. I assume they do take damage from these low drops, but I wanted to make sure. This would be helpful info to me concerning all the units with the climb enhancement ability.

Thank You. Sorry if this a bad question in the wrong place. I searched a bit and didn't find an answer.
The simple answer is actually written on the card, right under "Climb x3". It says "When moving up or down levels of terrain, Fyorlag Spiders may triple their height." I would suggest that next time you carefully read the card and/or rules to try and find the answer.

So as long as they are going down heights of 6 or less, they do not take falling damage. 7 or higher and they *thump* when they hit the ground.

And good job on posting in the correct spot.

Last edited by EagleOne; July 10th, 2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old July 10th, 2008, 03:19 PM

MattWolf99 is surprisingly tart

The spiders and Sujoah, are a lot like the Nagrubs and a Hivelord. Yes, I know I'm stating the obvious, but the diference between them are crucial. Sujoah, doesn't pack as much of a punch as Tor-Ku-Nal, but can move 8 spaces and fly. Well that makes up for it. The spiders are much better glyph grabbers, than the Nagrubs, but can't heal Sujoah. They're similar, but the spiders are cooler in my opinion. Sorry I went a little off topic.

If I'm not on Heroscapers.com, It's because I'm playing Heroscape. Well more likely in School

Last edited by MattWolf99; July 10th, 2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Sorry, I'm working on my grammar. :)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units