Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 13th, 2008, 04:57 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
Stechavan Outskirts by Soul Shackle
Well, this one also has a Glyph issue. On the pdf, the glyphs are specified where one side is closer to attack, and the other closer to defense. Regardless, the fact that the glyphs are not placed equidistant from the startzones makes me cringe as outlined above. This map also seems like one likely to receive better reception from my with Glyph correction.
Thanks for pointing that out, bunjee. I hadn't really thought about it that way. I still think the map is fine for casual play, but for tournament play, you're absolutely right, and I will take that into consideration before ever nominating a map again.
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:05 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alright, I've made the required changes and would like to Re-Nominate Sunken Temple.

Requires:
1 SotM
1 FotA
1 RttFF
1 VW

Updated Build Instructions

Discussion thread

Last edited by Mooseman; May 14th, 2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

That is so cool looking, Mooseman! I vote YES to review that beauty. (What it will play like, I've no notion yet; we'll see.)
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:19 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker

Doesn't FOTA count as 2 sets?
He has 1SOTM, 1 FOTA, 1 RTTFF, and 1 VW. Isn't that going over the set limit?

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980 View Post
No, you just can't have 2 FotA, they count as one!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:21 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980 View Post
I believe the rule is you can only use 1 FotA, as opposed to using 2 RttFF or VW for example.

EDIT: Beaten by seconds.

-insert signature here-
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:23 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Yeah it is ok; you can have one Master and up to 3 expansions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
By-laws for the Battlefields of Valhalla:

SECTION 1: Submission guidelines and tips

3. Maps are not to exceed 1 MS and up to 3 terrain expansions. No more than 2 expansions of the same type may be used in a map. There are exceptions; please note the special set classifications at the bottom of this section.

Classification of Heroscape sets:
  • Master Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie, Swarm of the Marro*
  • Expansions: Volcarren Wasteland, Thaelenk Tundra Road, To The Forgotten Forest, Ticalla Jungle, Marvel Heroscape**, Fortress of the Archkyrie**
*Swarm of the Marro is a hybrid set. It can be counted as a MS or 2 expansions.
** No more than one of these sets may be used in a single map.
My concern is the nomination says ROTV but the build clearly has SOTM.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

3. Maps are not to exceed 1 MS and up to 3 terrain expansions. No more than 2 expansions of the same type may be used in a map. There are exceptions; please note the special set classifications at the bottom of this section.

• Expansions: Volcarren Wasteland, Thaelenk Tundra Road, To The Forgotten Forest, Ticalla Jungle, Marvel Heroscape**, Fortress of the Archkyrie**
After looking at the Map, It is just a misprint. It uses SotM instead of RotV, he must have had something else on his mind when he posted. I looked at the build instruction, and it only uses SotM, no RotV

Old May 14th, 2008, 05:27 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That looks phenomenal Mooseman. Can't wait to try it out. I even featured the previous version in my most recent blog (see the link in my sig).
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Another question I have, is can you put battlements on Swamp Water!

Old May 14th, 2008, 06:02 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, I'll fix that.
Old May 14th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Another question I have, is can you put battlements on Swamp Water!
Great question. I think the answer is no (and I changed my mind on that while writing this post).
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotA Rulebook
Battlements are structures that may be added to Wall Walks or hex-shaped tiles such as grass, rock or sand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SotM Rulebook
Game Contents: [...] 8 Water Tiles (1 Hex)
That seems to indicate that Water is a tile and is hex-shaped, and thus attaching a battlement to it is valid. However:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotA Rulebook
The height from the inside of a Battlement (the side connected to a tile) is 2. The height from the outside of a battlement (the side not connected to a tile) is 3.
This would imply that the tile the Battlement is connected to has a height of 1, like grass, rock or sand. So I think we have to interpret the "hex-shaped tiles such as grass, rock or sand" part in the first rule I quoted to mean: "hex-shaped tiles with a height of 1 such as grass, rock or sand". Otherwise we would have to figure out how movement over a battlement works.

So I'm really sorry, but it seems Mooseman's sunken temple map might still be illegal...

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios