Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 17th, 2008, 07:06 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
A gross misinterpretation of the rules... (Ornak)

...or maybe it was just a very poor assumption on my part.

This is sort of an embarassing one that I could have avoided had I read the Book of Ornak a little closer.

Anyway, here's my story so that the one other dolt out there may be saved the ridicule.

Got all the Flag Bearers for Christmas this year, and was finally able to play some scape the other night. I built an army around Ornak and a couple other uniques (Utgar) to take advantage of his Red Flag of Fury Aura.

The "DOAH!" part of this comes with his Orc Battle Cry Aura. I assumed that the Flag Bearers were given all those dice for a reason, why give 12 dice unless you are supposed to use them all? You see where this is going?

Yes, when I was finally able to make use of the Warrior Enhancment I took out all 12 Utgar dice and prepared to roll them, only to be stopped and asked what the heck I was doing.

It made sense after it was explained (especially since Ornak is only 100pts) but for a while I didn't agree. I think it was more my not being able to get beyond the fact that they give 12 dice in the box and you really need none of them. I had more of a problem with them costing $13 each for essentially just the figure and card since the dice aren't needed. Yeah they're cool and all, but... meh... I'm a dolt!
Old January 17th, 2008, 08:14 AM

DarkDino Woo who?
Same thing I did with Laglor, I thought, with his auotload, that you rolled them seperately and that you rolled all 12. Basically he killed everything within range. This didn't fit his points so I looked it up here, and now I know it's just 3.

Old January 17th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
You get 12 dice so that you have a full set and can use them in place of the regular battle dice.
Old January 17th, 2008, 09:25 AM

that guy has disabled reputation
I thought it was a rip off too at first. But then I split up all my blood and turn markers and put them into the bags. Now, when we go to play you just grab a bag and you're ready to go. It's awesome.
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:11 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
You get 12 dice so that you have a full set and can use them in place of the regular battle dice.
Yeah, it made sense after the fact...
Old January 17th, 2008, 12:06 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy
I thought it was a rip off too at first. But then I split up all my blood and turn markers and put them into the bags. Now, when we go to play you just grab a bag and you're ready to go. It's awesome.
I actually do this too...original order markers in the Vydar bag...Marvels in the Jandar Bag and SotMs in the Ullar bag so they match.

Gotta get some purple and black ones for Einer and Utgar
Old January 17th, 2008, 04:43 PM

Fatespuppet has disabled reputation
I did the same thing with my FB bags. I have wound counters in Utgar, Order markers in Jandar and Ullar, Glyphs in Vydar and D20s in Einar. All the regular dice are in one crown royal bag and the FB dice are in another.

I actually enjoy using the Einar dice for my regular dice rolling. I let my friends use and abuse the regular dice. They all like to sit there and shake the dice, so I don't have to worry about my FB dice losing their paint.

This is not the path I thought.
This is not the place I sought.
This is not the dream I bought,
just a fever of fate I've caught.
Old January 17th, 2008, 06:02 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Somebody tried on this on me with Einar's flagbearer . . . he thought he could roll 12 Einar dice when defending and let all the Einar symbols count as extra shields (this is in addition to regular defense dice).

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old January 17th, 2008, 06:38 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Am I in the minority by playing them the right way from the start? :P

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 17th, 2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus
Somebody tried on this on me with Einar's flagbearer . . . he thought he could roll 12 Einar dice when defending and let all the Einar symbols count as extra shields (this is in addition to regular defense dice).
Yep, that's exactly what I thought too, but with attacks instead.
Old January 17th, 2008, 08:15 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Adding on to Necroblades minority thing...Am I the only one who doesn't have a Flag Bearer?
Old January 17th, 2008, 09:37 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
I actually do this too...original order markers in the Vydar bag...Marvels in the Jandar Bag and SotMs in the Ullar bag so they match.

Gotta get some purple and black ones for Einer and Utgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnak the Orc Shaman
Black markers will come out in the long rumored Star Wars master set, and Purple will be used in MyLittlePonyScape, of course!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's