Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 30th, 2007, 06:54 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
That's an interesting concept for sure, and a decent use of one MS!

My only 2 suggestions are fairly minor.

The first might be to switch the two ruins. <snip>

The second is to maybe take that extra sand tile and put it in the middle. <snip>
Love the first idea, and you're absolutely right. It will take a little rearranging to keep the glyphs even, but they should be switched.

I actually didn't want the top of the fountain to be on the highest level. It's a position that offers a ranged unit the greatest vantage of the map. The peaks around the star are easily attainable and control much, but not all, of their respective sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
another high ground water map?!

Old October 30th, 2007, 08:51 PM

white_dragon_master Woo who?
I love the last two maps. I really want to build the tall one, but I wouldn't know where to put it, I'd probably end up knocking it over!!! I really like the last one as well...I think I might play on it when I play again on Saturday.

My Collection: 2MS, 2RttfF, 2VW, 2TT, 2FotA, 2TJ, 1SotM All of Wave 1-8, All Large Hero packs thus far, Sir Gilbert, Ornak.
Old December 10th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
My friend and I recently put two Marr Highways side by side and stuck them together. We inverted one, and then they hooked together flawlessly. We played with the two 'big ruin' sides facing each other. It worked pretty great for a 1v1, 1000 pt. battle!

I'll get a pic put up if I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 10th, 2007, 07:05 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
That's crazy! I created an almost identical map a while back (not posted) because I wanted something modular to use for 2, 3, 4, 6, etc. players.

I'll have to post it up and compare!

EDIT:

Yours is more efficient than mine, using only 1 MS, and maybe this "map type" is more common than I realize, but I just thought it was interesting.

Old December 14th, 2007, 05:38 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks for the feedback, Jonathan! I didn't realize you'd edited your post or I'd have responded sooner.

The tiles certainly lend themselves to a sort of Mandelbrotesque inclination. At least when I look at them, but the part of my brain that does maps (of any kind) is like that. And I can't turn it off.

I think your map has better functionality and playability. Stardust Fountain was more an exercise is shapes than anything. I dunno, 32 people have downloaded it so I hope it was fun for them.
Old December 14th, 2007, 06:12 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Stardust Fountain was more an exercise is shapes than anything.
Perhaps the middle "fount" section, but I'm really looking forward to playing on it - hopefully over the Christmas break.
Old December 14th, 2007, 07:32 PM

I got sick this afternoon so I came home and designed this:

Blade Glade

Play with one friend or three in this team-friendly swampy map.

Build Notes: Uses 1 Rise of the Valkyrie master set and 1 Swarm of the Marro master set.

Setup: Pretty straight forward.

Special Rules:
- None. Intended for recreational or tournament use.

Victory Conditions:
- Terminate your opponent.

DOWNLOAD!

Overhead View

Long View

Last edited by Velenne; April 15th, 2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old December 15th, 2007, 10:32 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

I like the "wave" aspect of the terrain on this one alot, and the scout zones are a nice touch. Another one to put in the que!
Old January 17th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Husk of the Holdfast

Alyssar Holdfast was long past its time of glory when these armies arrived to pillage its storehouses. Now its battlements, moats, and walls would serve both sides.

Build Notes: Designed to be a 4-player, team-based map with 26 starting spaces per team. Make sure to push the ladders of the grass-hex turrets all the way into the water so as to provide support for the structure. This map features a fixed glyph of Rannveig in the center, but feel free to add or alter it to suit your tastes. Made with 1 RotV and 1 FotA.

Setup: Pretty straight forward.

Special Rules:
- None. Intended for recreational or tournament use.

Victory Conditions:
- Terminate your opponent.

DOWNLOAD!

Topdown

Wide

Last edited by Velenne; April 15th, 2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old January 19th, 2008, 12:34 PM

A friend came over and decided he wanted to see all of our figures on the table at the same time. Since we'd never done that before, we obliged him. The result reminds me of some of the promo posters. Anyway, this is what came of it:

Old January 19th, 2008, 01:25 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Wow!

I'd hate to be the one to write the battle report for that one.

Did you actually play that one Velenne.

ps- I love Husk of the Holdfast!
Old January 19th, 2008, 01:42 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Nice setup!

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios