Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 4th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thank you!
Old August 13th, 2007, 02:26 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Fire and Ice

Navigate a variety of terrain features on this battlefield while you attempt to gain the few advantages offered to your army.

Build Notes: Uses 1 Master set, 1 lava set and 1 Tundra set.

Setup: Pretty straight forward.

Special Rules:
- None. Intended for recreational or tournament use.

Victory Conditions:
- Terminate your opponent.

DOWNLOAD!

Wide View

Long View

Last edited by Velenne; April 15th, 2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old August 24th, 2007, 04:12 PM

Ziggurat

Here's a map I made after seeing this pic in the News section:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne

Inspiration!!! *begins building...*

And here it is, all finished!

Old September 13th, 2007, 02:55 PM

Swog Bog

Your general had hoped to lead his forces around the heavily-defended bridge in the Forsaken Forest, but only found himself mired in the swamp facing an army of a different sort.

Build Notes: Uses 1 Master set, 1 Swamp set and the trees from 1 Road set.

Setup: Pretty straight forward.

Special Rules:
- None. Intended for recreational or tournament use.

Victory Conditions:
- Terminate your opponent.

DOWNLOAD!

Last edited by Velenne; April 15th, 2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old September 13th, 2007, 03:17 PM

Well I've got 22 maps spread over 8 pages now. I've updated the first post of the thread to include direct links to all of the maps after page 1 so that should help with viewing.

And before you say something, I know there's bad image links in many of the early maps. These were originally posted on the heroscape.net boards and didn't survive the transition. I've left them up because they still include several scenario ideas that I'm sorta proud of. These were also made before the days of Virtualscape (even Landscape!) so the pics wouldn't have done you too much good anyway except as a guideline.

I also got a brand new 2 megapixel digital camera (via my iPhone) so expect better pic quality for some of my larger, non-tournament maps.
Old September 13th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I like the Swog Bog and just imagine all mosquitoes flying around the area.

Newb.
Old September 13th, 2007, 06:19 PM

Teal'c has disabled reputation
What version of VirtualScape did you use to create that 3D picture? The version I have doesn't seem to have the Swamp (and swamp water) tiles in them yet.

"In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you."

RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH!!!
Old September 13th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal'c
What version of VirtualScape did you use to create that 3D picture? The version I have doesn't seem to have the Swamp (and swamp water) tiles in them yet.
Check out the VirtualScape thread in the software section. Newer versions are available.
Old September 26th, 2007, 12:29 PM

Lo and Behold, I don't have my most famous map in this thread. Here's my contribution to the Battlefields of Valhalla:

Marr Highway requires one Master Set and one Forgotten Forest set.

Marr Highway
Old September 26th, 2007, 01:24 PM

Sev_ has disabled reputation
Marr Highway:

No where to go but forward.

I like the setup of this map, but I think a little more elevation on the sand tiles would push the players to try and fight for high ground instead of sitting back on the grass tiles to get height advantage.

Overall, this is probably my second favorite map of yours. I really enjoyed Zombie Island, as I am a Zombiescape fanatic.
Old September 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
A quick note about 'Marr Highway'.

At the last SoCal event, this map was set up and those that played on the build liked it a lot. Essentially, the map forces you to advance, as each player tries to assume the role of the aggressor. Battles are fast and furious! I really like the narrowness of the field. The tight quarters add a feeling of claustrophobic tension, as your units are never quite safe anywhere on the map. Truly a map well deserved of the BOV honor.

Would be nice visually to have a remix of the map created with swamp terrain to really give it that Marr flavor.

Nice work, Velenne.

.:: .H3X. | Click here to check out bloggy goodness! :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old September 28th, 2007, 09:22 AM

Thanks for the feedback, folks!

Sev_: Zombie Island is my favorite full scenario as well. There's been a few mechanics from other scenarios that I've really enjoyed, but as a whole, you just can't beat Zombies. I should amend its post with the later revisions we made after playtesting.

Hex: Great idea! I'm not sure if I'd have enough pieces though. Hmm...worth looking into...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios