Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 24th, 2007, 12:26 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Castle In The Sky

Three teams face off in Capture-The-Flag bloodsport!

Build Notes: No VS this time. I built this one on the fly, inspired heavily by another map I saw in this forum. (Can't find the builder again or I'd give props.) The balance is somewhat delicate so beware bumping the table too hard!! I started with a base of 5 7-hex grass tiles and expanded out from there. The widest layer is 4 24-hex tiles in a triangular formation. Feel free to expand as your collection allows. Also note that there are three Wind glyphs below the Castle, one across the water from each starting zone.

Setup: Each player deploys in one of the three major lower zones: Lava, Ice, and Waterfall.
- The player starting in the lava zone receives a squad of Obsidian Guard.
- The player starting in the ice zone receives a squad of Dzu Teh.
- The player starting in the waterfall zone receives a squad of Elite Onyx Vipers.
- Otherwise, players draft the remainder of a 500 point army and may deploy anywhere in their zone (but not on the ladders!).
- The Airborne Elite may be drafted for this scenario, but must start the game deployed in their zone.

Speical Rules:
- Capture the Flag: Your flag begins in the zone immediately to your zone's left. You must retrieve it by ending any unit's movement (in your army) in the same hex as the flag's initial attachment point. Place the flag on that unit's army card and a blood marker on the figure that picked it up.
----- If the flag carrier should be destroyed, the flag marker is placed on the tile where the unit was destroyed.
----- Only units in your army may pick up your flag.
----- You may transfer the flag from one unit to another on either of the involved unit's turns if both units are adjacent to each other. This does not constitute an action.

Victory Conditions:
- Bring your flag to the top of the Castle!

Old June 24th, 2007, 02:20 PM

Glitch has disabled reputation
! holy crap!
Jesus Tapdancin Christ!

thats amazing! how many mastern sets is that? also, how did you balance that?
Old June 25th, 2007, 12:00 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks for the praise Glitch!

A lot of our pieces came piecemeal from Ebay so I don't have an exact count on master sets. We have something like 40 24-hex grass tiles. Otherwise we have 3 each of Road, Lava, Ice, and Castle sets. This map uses nearly all of those.

The balance actually isn't as hard as it looks. Since you build it up in layers you can ensure that each level balances on the one below it. The hardest part turned out to be fitting the castle to the top level while maintaining the balance of the structure. I basically had to form the wall pieces off the map and then just set the whole thing on there. Some castle walls don't like to move along each each, others slip right off.
Old June 25th, 2007, 12:37 PM

Dictatorbilbo is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
I built this one on the fly, inspired heavily by another map I saw in this forum. (Can't find the builder again or I'd give props.)
Is this it?

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old June 25th, 2007, 01:22 PM

As amazingly cool as that is, that wasn't it either. Hmm.... I'll search around...
Old June 25th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
*hums Laputa theme*

Cool.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Holy cantilevered architecture, Batman!

Reminds me of this:
Old July 3rd, 2007, 02:00 AM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
WOW nice

do you use the trees and Ice caps to help stabilize it?
Old July 3rd, 2007, 12:10 PM

Actually most of the time I use ladders to stabilize my tall structures. They fit well and are pretty unassuming. That said, this one is held up entirely by its own forces. Took about an hour to get it right.
Old July 5th, 2007, 01:19 PM

Hunkered and Bunkered

Hunkered and Bunkered

Run for cover and maneuver for vantage points in this tight, instant-action map!

Build Notes: Uses every darn bit of 1 Master, 2 Roads, and most of a Castle set. If playing "Heat of Battle", remove the 24-hex start zones from the map.

Setup: Nothing special here. Just remember to pop in the big road tiles to support the roof of the bunker. Also note the position of the two glyphs. These are of course optional.

Special Rules:
- None.

Victory Conditions:
- Terminate all opponents.

DOWNLOAD!

Front View - (Note: in the final version the roads were altered to allow for double-spaced figures)

Rear View

Last edited by Velenne; April 15th, 2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old July 17th, 2007, 06:38 PM

Jandar's Last Stand

Jandar, weakened from so few updates in each wave, must make his stand at his last, most heavily defended wellspring.

Build Notes: No VS cuz I built this on the fly. It uses 3 Castles, about 3 MS, 3 Road, and 3 Lava.

Setup: Just make sure you've got a big table.

Special Rules:
- Designed to be a 4-player team map.

Victory Conditions:
- Terminate all opponents.

East View

Top-Down View

West View

Center Arena

River Castle

River Castle - Rear View

Lava Castle

Lava Castle - Rear View
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:42 PM

Glitch has disabled reputation
Wow! You always seem to out do yourself!

May I ask how you balance your maps with the over hangs?
Do you use castle peices or is it just your extreme balancing skills?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios