Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 8th, 2022, 09:59 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Hopefully that dragon is from a new world. Would be nice to open up what is possible for a dragon to be.

The 'dragon' has feathered bird wings instead of more reptile/bat type of wings that are more commonly seen used for Dragons. Then it has 3 tails instead of just 1. So I'm leaning toward it not actually being a Dragon at all for the species, instead something else.
It could be inspired by a dinosaur in the dromaseosaurid genus. Specifically the Zhenyuanlong suni, which is pretty much a Jurassic Park Velociraptor but also with wings But the three tails makes me think they just said "what can make a dragon better"
Old August 8th, 2022, 10:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Some kind of Dinosaur-Alien hybrid would be a cool angle to take for a new monster.
Old August 8th, 2022, 10:30 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Nothing new to report from over on Discord

Chris Nadeau from Avalon Hill did say the following on Discord back on 2022-08-05 (I apologize if someone already posted this info in the forums here)

I’ll give you all five more pieces of intel that may highlight how in depth this project is going. In addition to our “Heroscape War Council” that you all know are involved in the creation of new units and rules development, and our entire Internal Avalon Hill staff:
• We have brought on Ryder Windham, fiction writer for LucasFilm, who has been working with us to expand the narrative and story of the Heroscape Universe.
• Baldermort, from Baldermort’s Guide To Warhammer, has accepted the voice actor role of Thormun of Tealeron, for upcoming content and narration assets.
• As you can tell by the the miniatures presented at GenCon, we have put together an entire team of concept artists and sculptures to develop a new range of characters and species including: Max Dunbar, Bob Naismith, Matthew Larson, John Giang and the talented crew from Keywords Studios/Volta.
• The illustrators and artists at YellowFly and Pilot Studios (led by Chris Ford, who was one of the original artists on the brand in 2004, and their Art Director China Blue Rocket) are hard at work creating new art to help bring Valhalla to life in a way never seen before.
• The team at Atwater Studios helped us bring that teaser video to life at GenCon, and are in the studio right now on phase 2.
This will be BIG, we have assembled an army even Jandar could be proud of, enjoy the journey!
Old August 8th, 2022, 10:46 PM

Sarhek is surprisingly tart

Could you please post the Discord link for those of us who might not be familiar with it?
Old August 8th, 2022, 10:56 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Baldermort, from Baldermort’s Guide To Warhammer, has accepted the voice actor role of Thormun of Tealeron, for upcoming content and narration assets.
I love that we're seeing Thormun return! His initial monologue opening Rise of the Valkyrie was one of the things that sold me on the game way back when, and it wouldn't feel like HeroScape without some journals chronicling a grand adventure.

Hopefully this is also the first step to that Saturday morning cartoon we all dreamed of.
Old August 8th, 2022, 10:59 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm glad they got Bob Naismith to come back for more sculpting.
Old August 8th, 2022, 11:00 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarhek View Post
Could you please post the Discord link for those of us who might not be familiar with it?
https://discord.gg/fQWwAUzp

That's a link to the "Heroscapers Online" Discord server that was created back in 2016. It is NOT a link to the new "Avalon Hill" Discord server that we're all waiting for.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; August 9th, 2022 at 02:31 AM.
Old August 8th, 2022, 11:01 PM

Sarhek is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you!
Old August 8th, 2022, 11:09 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you!
You're welcome. And by the way, Craig just created a Discord account and made a brief appearance earlier on the "Heroscapers Online" server.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; August 9th, 2022 at 02:28 AM.
Old August 8th, 2022, 11:34 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

After looking at the new "dragon" figure in detail, and noticing the swirls design throughout the figure (such as on the scale/armor), it makes me think of the Utgar symbol.
So, here is some really, really crazy speculation (that is just fun to toss out)...What if the old Kyrie Generals got mutated by the Wellsprings--and they are now featured as playable characters.
I know, I know, a long time ago it was debated that the generals would never be pieces because the players act as the generals during the game...

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old August 8th, 2022, 11:49 PM

Knives is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Do we have a link for the discord yet. Sorry if it's posted somewhere but I can't find it. 😓
Old August 9th, 2022, 12:02 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I'm glad they got Bob Naismith to come back for more sculpting.
Im actually wondering about this. I was a Naismith fan before Heroscape, and my knowledge of his work was part of what led me to discovering Heroscape.

Now, I could be wrong, but Bob was a traditional sculptor when he did Heroscape. He’s also getting up there in age and switching over to digital is a huge undertaking. He might just be a consultant on this. We don’t know his level of involvement, and I don’t recognize his style in any of the preview models.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion