Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Dzu-Teh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Either Traverse is replacing all normal movement, or it's an option for each activated DT up to the maximum of three.
These two options make the most sense to me as well. I tend to favor the latter, based on (a) my assumptions about the articles and (b) the fact that this special ability seemed weak to me the times I tried to use it. For some silly reason, my enemies refused to stand next to glaciers like I wanted them to.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old December 28th, 2012, 04:25 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Either Traverse is replacing all normal movement, or it's an option for each activated DT up to the maximum of three.
These two options make the most sense to me as well. I tend to favor the latter, based on (a) my assumptions about the articles and (b) the fact that this special ability seemed weak to me the times I tried to use it. For some silly reason, my enemies refused to stand next to glaciers like I wanted them to.
I agree fully with this. Moving dzu-teh who aren't attacking is not really an option.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old December 28th, 2012, 04:56 PM

TheLegendaryIrishSword knows what's in an order marker TheLegendaryIrishSword knows what's in an order marker

Oh boy what did I start? LOL....I think logically you would only be able to move 3 dzu-teh, and let's say you do have six you can choose any 3 to traverse and attack. It would be way Overpowered for a 75 point squad to be able to teleport others from across the map. As cool as that would be. As long as each one starts next to a glacier. Obviously they didn't word this card correctly, probably the most confusing card I have read...LOL

The Legendary Irish Sword
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I say that each Dzu-Teh figure of the three you decide to move has the choice of either glacier traversing or moving normally, regardless of what his brethren do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:57 PM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

Hi Ya'll, it has been a bit since I have been here, just reading along and thought I would throw a word in.

We had always played it, you can only move 3 of them because that is all in a squad. If one of them or any of them are next to a glacier, then those could glacier traverse instead of the normal movement.

So if DT - A is next to glacier A he can GT and still attack, Then DT - B is not next to a glacier, he moves normally then can still attack, Then if DT -C is next to a different glacier, he may GT and then still attack.

Just how we played it.
Old December 29th, 2012, 01:06 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebehr View Post
Hi Ya'll, it has been a bit since I have been here, just reading along and thought I would throw a word in.

We had always played it, you can only move 3 of them because that is all in a squad. If one of them or any of them are next to a glacier, then those could glacier traverse instead of the normal movement.

So if DT - A is next to glacier A he can GT and still attack, Then DT - B is not next to a glacier, he moves normally then can still attack, Then if DT -C is next to a different glacier, he may GT and then still attack.

Just how we played it.
This is the most logical and the way I will play unless R˙chean says it is dok's way.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old December 29th, 2012, 05:29 PM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

Two things, one for the last "then" line of my first post, it should read : Then if DT -c is next to a different or same glacier, hemay Gt and then still attack.

Two: It would be cool though if the card was intended to mean that you could move all of them with GT even if the others were not next to the glacier, only one of them was. It would be like teleportation for multiple squads, it would make them more interesting and more playable. Just saying.
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

You only get to move 3 per turn.

You can choose to traverse 1,2,or all 3. So, yeah like the monks.

The additional wording was to account for having more than 1 next to more than 1 glacier. It could have been worded better.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 19th, 2017, 10:22 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
You only get to move 3 per turn.

You can choose to traverse 1,2,or all 3. So, yeah like the monks.

The additional wording was to account for having more than 1 next to more than 1 glacier. It could have been worded better.
Sorry to necro this, but can we get this moved into the 'Rulings and Clarifications' on the OP? I had exactly that question but I had to follow the whole thread to find the answer. And maybe an additional clarification of whether any Dzu-Teh that does not choose to use Glacier Traverse may move normally or not?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old March 21st, 2020, 03:03 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was bumbling around Wikipedia and I came across how these little buggers got there name,
Himalayan Brown Bear   Himalayan Brown Bear
Old July 11th, 2022, 12:34 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

GLACIER TRAVERSE:
If a Dzu‑Teh is adjacent to a Glacier Mountain, the Dzu‑Teh may Glacier Traverse instead of moving normally. You may do this with any or all Dzu‑Teh you control each turn. To Glacier Traverse, move to any unoccupied space adjacent to that Glacier Mountain.

GLACIER TRAVERSE : Engagement Rules
If a Dzu-Teh is engaged to an opponent’s figure, and uses Glacier Traverse to leave the engagement, is it subject to a passing swipe?
Yes, the Dzu-Teh would still take a passing swipe from the figure it was engaged with.
(Hasbro FAQ)

If the Dzu-Teh chose to Glacier Traverse to the X-marked space in the image above, ending engaged to the same figure it was originally engaged with, would it still take a Leaving Engagement Attack from that figure?

I would assume yes, because its using Glacier Traverse to temporarily leave the board and reenter, similar to Flying.

Saylind's Spear of Summoning also uses the "move to" language, while specifying no LEAs.
As a general question, "move to" reads as "place". Is there a difference?
Old July 11th, 2022, 07:51 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
If the Dzu-Teh chose to Glacier Traverse to the X-marked space in the image above, ending engaged to the same figure it was originally engaged with, would it still take a Leaving Engagement Attack from that figure?

I would assume yes, because its using Glacier Traverse to temporarily leave the board and reenter, similar to Flying.

Saylind's Spear of Summoning also uses the "move to" language, while specifying no LEAs.
As a general question, "move to" reads as "place". Is there a difference?
In your example, the Dzu-Teh would not take a leaving engagement attack because it did not leave the engagement, and the Glacier Traverse power does not have the same "when X starts to fly, if X is engaged X will take any leaving engagement attacks" language as Flying. Saylind's Spear of Summoning has similar language clarifying leaving engagement attacks.

As for "moving" and "placing," I believe they are generally the same, but I'm not absolutely sure. @Scytale ?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units