Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 20th, 2021, 12:23 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Workshop

@Splash , looks like you fixed Invisible Man! Looks great to me. I do think he shouldn't be able to return to his original team, however. Once per game might be the way to go.
I also prefer his betrayal being directly related to the state of the League, not tied to Mina.

I don't think Mina should have the Fearless personality. Originally in my pre-thread chats with Splash, I thought she would, but then I read back on why I thought that, and changed my mind to brave.
She has many fears, and talks of them often and openly. Her ability to not let them get the best of her is what makes her Brave.

Dupin, being a detective, gets along with her quite well, and seems to perfectly understand her. Here's his farewell to her, with a brief mention of Dracula, and where he refers to her as Brave:
Spoiler Alert!

One of the most important sequences in the book when Hyde tries to sort out his feelings of her. He suggests that she doesn't fear him.
She corrects him, she fears him very much.
He figures that her fear is different, and that she doesn't hate him, because she's dealt with worse.
She confirms.
Spoiler Alert!
She makes a similar remark relating to Griffin's attack on her:
Spoiler Alert!
"Oh, I've lived through worse."

Previously I showed that she wrote Dracula still comes to her in her dreams. She mentions this in-panel here, that a bad dream would be preferable to what she currently has:
Spoiler Alert!
One interesting bit is when she and the League were trying to stop Les Hommes Mystérieux. She describes her encounter with Fantômas.
She writes, "Fantômas, I think, had me more frightened than I'd been of my Romanian Count..." and she goes on to explain why.
Spoiler Alert!

Fantômas is "The Lord of Terror." Not sure if Fantômas is technically an actual lord the way that Dracula is referred to as both Count and Lord, but if we ever get to Les Hommes Mystérieux, I'd be fine with Fantômas being a Lord.

Which brings me to my point, that maybe the best way to interpret her experience with Dracula would be a play on Battle Hardened:
Quote:
"I'VE LIVED THROUGH WORSE"
If there is at least 1 Wound Marker on this card, the most wounds Mina Murray can receive from an attack is one, unless the attacking figure is an Undead Lord.
This will give her some survivability, and represent why a Music Teacher is the one to take on masterminds, terrorists, eldritch horror, antichrists, etc. With her Life of 4, maybe it would be better to just have it be "The most wounds Mina Murray can receive from an attack is one, unless the attacking figure is an Undead Lord."

EDIT: originally had left out the word Undead to give Fantômas some interaction, but even if she fears Fatomas, Dracula has power over her that Fantômas does not. I'd even be fine if it specifically called out Dracula.

And besides, Fantômas can be a Mastermind or Terrorist or something. Or he can be a lord with a flexible species, since a big part of him is that he's a master of disguise, no one can agree on what his appearance is, and he scares Mina because Fantômas, unlike Dracula, was never Human, and always a "thing." Though to be fair, she might very well be using the word Human figuratively.

Last edited by toyhandle; October 20th, 2021 at 06:50 PM.
Old October 20th, 2021, 12:25 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
They are all Extraordinary! How did you look past that low hanging fruit? Extraordinary Doctor, Extraordinary Beast or Monster, Extraordinary Hunter, Extraordinary Thief, Extraordinary Pirate, Extraordinary Sleuth, Extraordinary Agent, Extraordinary Adventurer (for Mina,IMO)

Because... uh... we were waiting for you to say it.
I like that idea a lot.

So maybe:
Quote:
NAME = INVISIBLE MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = HAWLEY GRIFFIN

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PSYCHOPATH
PERSONALITY = EXTRAORDINARY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ?

INVISIBILITY
Invisible Man can move through all figures, is never attacked when leaving an engagement, and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight.

INVISIBLE INFILTRATION
After the first round, if you win initiative and Invisible Man is unengaged, you may place him adjacent to any figure on the battlefield within 10 spaces of Invisible Man that does not have the Blind Warrior special power and may:
• Look at any unrevealed Order Markers on that figure's card; or
• Roll one unblockable attack die against that figure. A blank rolled counts as 2 skulls.

SELF-SERVING BETRAYAL
After the first round, if you lose initiative, you must roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for each other Extraordinary figure you control to a maximum of +4. Once per game, if you roll 6 or lower, remove any Order Markers on this figure's Army Card and choose an opponent to take control of this figure and its card.

Last edited by toyhandle; October 20th, 2021 at 01:56 AM.
Old October 20th, 2021, 02:34 AM
Casing the Corners

Updated Quatermain:
Quote:
NAME = ALLAN QUATERMAIN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = EXPLORER

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ?

EXTRAORDINARY AVENGER

After a friendly Extraordinary figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Allan Quatermain rolls defense dice against an opponent's attack, you may immediately move Alan adjacent to that friendly figure, if possible. After moving with Extraordinary Avenger, if Allan is adjacent to the attacking figure, the attacking figure receives one wound. When Allan moves with Extraordinary Avenger, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

ELEPHANT GUN SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 6. Attack 6.
Destructible objects, Large and Huge figures roll two less defense dice against this special attack. You may only use this special attack once per round.

Last edited by toyhandle; October 20th, 2021 at 04:02 AM.
Old October 20th, 2021, 02:52 AM
Casing the Corners

Updated Mina:
Quote:
NAME = MINA MURRAY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ?

LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN
After taking a turn with Mina Murray, you may take a turn with one Extraordinary figure you control or up to two Extraordinary figures you control if Mina Murray ends her turn engaged.

COVERT OPERATIONS
Start the game with the white Covert Operations Marker on this card. Before taking a turn with Mina Murray, you may place or remove the Covert Operations Marker. While the Covert Operations Marker is on this card, Mina Murray cannot attack or be targeted by an enemy figure for non-adjacent attacks or special powers that require clear sight. Remove the Covert Operations Marker anytime Mina Murray becomes engaged with an opponent's figure.

"I'VE LIVED THROUGH WORSE"
If there is at least 1 Wound Marker on this card, the most wounds Mina Murray can receive from an attack is one, unless the attacking figure is an Undead Lord.
If we want an initiative boost, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen would be the spot to put it.
Quote:
LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN
Add 1 to your initiative roll for each Extraordinary figure you control, to a maximum of +4. After taking a turn with Mina Murray, you may take a turn with one Extraordinary figure you control or up to two Extraordinary figures you control if Mina Murray ends her turn engaged.

Last edited by toyhandle; October 20th, 2021 at 03:58 AM.
Old October 20th, 2021, 12:45 PM
Casing the Corners

No Drives/No Restraints being the key to this character, I've mentioned before that he should be a flip card that uses two figures, because there's no reason to draft Jekyll, and Jekyll acts as more of a limit to the very powerful Hyde.
This is when he's explaining why Jekyll never shows up after a certain point, which is that Hyde basically completely took over by Vol. 2. He thinks Jekyll will get him killed, and he wants to die on his own terms.
He speaks of Jekyll as though Jekyll is not dead. Interesting, because the last time we see Jekyll is at the start of Vol 2, where the group ducks to avoid the martian heat ray. Jekyll drops to the ground, but Hyde gets back up, roaring with anger. Campion and Quatermain speculate as to when he changed.
Spoiler Alert!
It appears that unlike the rest of the League, Jekyll did not get down in time, as Hyde's shirt is apparently ash, rather than torn, and the way he's drawn getting up is just like the moment where Hyde "Goes the Distance" against the Martians at the end of the Volume.
Spoiler Alert!
The first part of the "No Restraints" power is because this character isn't one to be bossed around.
Spoiler Alert!
Although he quickly begins to respect Mina, as within the same Volume, he actually asks her "please."
Spoiler Alert!
In Vol. 2, he's sorting out his feelings for her. He won't call it love.
Spoiler Alert!
In his farewell, he says things he would never say to anyone else.
Spoiler Alert!

And in the very last panel in the finale of the series, Tempest, their relationship has evolved even more:
Spoiler Alert!

I know some are opposed to specific figure call-outs on cards, but with Hyde it makes a lot of sense.
He's a character that no one can control, except Mina. She's essentially a natural cure for his unrestrained growth. I believe this is why Hyde appears somewhat smaller in that final panel.
And his revenge on Griffin for brutally assaulting Mina is probably the most iconic sequence in the books.
That is represented in his third power, which also allows him to Go the Distance, as he did against the Martians, and massacre commons, as he was always shown doing.
Spoiler Alert!

Went with Event Hero so he won’t be operating vehicles, equipping glyphs, or have someone else take control of him, and because he's complex.
This might seem like a lot of text, but it's several fewer lines than either Thanos (IQ) and Amazo, so it should be fine.
Quote:
NAME = DOCTOR JEKYLL
SECRET IDENTITY = HENRY JEKYLL

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 0
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = ?

“NO DRIVES”
Start the game with this Army Card flipped to this side, and Edward Hyde’s figure on this card. Henry Jekyll may not make any leaving engagement attacks, or attack any figures.

MAINTAIN CONTROL
When Henry Jekyll is destroyed, remove the Jekyll figure from the game, place the Edward Hyde figure on the space previously occupied by Jekyll, and flip this card. Anytime Jekyll is attacked or receives wounds, but is not destroyed, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, switch the Jekyll and Hyde figures, and flip this card. Switched figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks. Before flipping this card from this side, remove all Wound Markers on this card, and roll two unblockable attack dice against each opponent's figure adjacent to Hyde, one at a time.

-----

NAME = MISTER HYDE
SECRET IDENTITY = EDWARD HYDE

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = BRUTE

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 7

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 6

“NO RESTRAINTS"

Edward Hyde cannot take a turn unless you revealed a numbered Order Marker on his card, or on the card of a Mina Murray figure you control. When Hyde attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile, the defending figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile, and whenever a special power refers to the Blind Warrior special power, it refers to this special power as well. Hyde's special powers cannot be negated.

INTERNAL BATTLE
If there are 4 or more Wound Markers on this card, remove the Henry Jekyll figure from the game. At the start of each round, if Edward Hyde is not engaged, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card, and if the Jekyll figure is on this card, switch the Jekyll and Hyde figures, and flip this card. Switched figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

UNSTOPPABLE BRUTE
Once per round, if Edward Hyde would be destroyed by receiving wounds, place or remove Wound Markers until he has 2 Life remaining. Before attacking, choose up to 2 small or medium figures adjacent to Hyde to receive 1 wound. If a Mina Murray in your army has 3 or more Wound Markers on her card, after taking a turn with Hyde, take one additional turn with him, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by toyhandle; October 20th, 2021 at 06:52 PM.
Old October 20th, 2021, 04:39 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I have a mini suggestion for these, many of which are just cheap heroclix repaints and mods. Dr Jekyll repainted a Hulk clix for me into Hyde. I'll try to post it here.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old October 20th, 2021, 05:05 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Also @toyhandle you may want to spoiler or delete the stuff in the original post and make a spot for links or copies of our eventual settled designs similar to some of the other Faction threads.
You could add some links for your, my, and Gardevoir's designs for reference as well if you want.

edit* Oop, didn't see you already did one, there's too much to dig through ahh
Quote:
SELF-SERVING BETRAYAL
If you lose initiative with a roll of 6 or lower on any round after the first, remove any Order Markers on this figure's Army Card and choose an opponent to take control of this figure and its card. This special power only takes effect once per game.
I do like the streamlined less rolling idea.

Last edited by Splash; October 20th, 2021 at 05:40 PM.
Old October 20th, 2021, 05:25 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I still like Mina with Fearless, I don't think anyone is incapable of fear, unless something is very wrong like brain chemistry-wise or something. If anything the stuff provided makes me think she should be, because she doesn't let fear affect her, like who else would be able to reach Hyde. To me that kind of defines the Fearless trait in people like Daredevil or Hal Jordan.
Old October 20th, 2021, 05:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am not sure the science of brain chemistry applies to comic books.
Old October 20th, 2021, 05:32 PM

Also I like the initiative boost on Mina a lot.
Old October 20th, 2021, 09:32 PM
Casing the Corners

Heh, sorry, spoiler tagged my images. They were getting out of hand.

Yeah, giving Mina the boost and streamlining the betrayal like means it will probably happen more often than if it were a separate roll.
If we do it that way, maybe Griffin should move to the new controller's startzone, so he's not so much a sitting duck.
Quote:
SELF-SERVING BETRAYAL
If you lose initiative with a roll of 6 or lower on any round after the first, remove any Order Markers on this figure's Army Card and choose an opponent to take control of this figure and its card, and place The Invisible Man's figure in that player's startzone. This special power only takes effect once per game.
As far as Mina being Fearless goes, I get what you're saying. There's a difference between being pathologically unconcerned, like Griffin. Though I'm sure he was afraid of Hyde in the end, just as how Hyde "taught [the martians] fear."
Hyde, I doubt could be made to feel fear.
Orlando also describes Seigfried as, "suicidally brave."
Spoiler Alert!

So I get that Mina has fears, but is brave to the point that some might describe her as fearless. However, Fearless has mechanical functions that aren't right for the character.
Most obviously, she should be susceptible to Scarecrow, as we know that drugs made her have a mental breakdown, imagining Dracula's face over some bats, and that they were biting her.

Should be susceptible to Black Lantern and Spectre types, as she was with the terrifying visions of Black Magician Oliver Haddo.
Spoiler Alert!

Or someone with a Demoralizing Presence, like The Antichrist, or a location like a ruined Platform 9 3/4.
Spoiler Alert!

In Allan and the Sundered Veil, Allan glimpses into the future his visit in Arkham with Mina encountering Eldritch horror. "...the familiar small, determined woman clad in nothing but a dirty blanket, shrieking, overcome by horror." She describes this experience in more detail in the Americas portion of the Almanac.
Spoiler Alert!

The third Volume, Century, is a lot about Mina's fears associated with immortality as well as trying to stop a foretold apocalypse. It explains her behavior of keeping up with the times. Orlando and Allan discuss how her fears are affecting her, making her reckless and pushing them away. Which ultimately is part of what separated the group and made them unable to find her when she was put in the Asylum.
Spoiler Alert!

So she really shouldn't be Fearless. And if the other characters are Extraordinary, she should be as well. That way Extraordinary Avenger will work with her, and what I come up with for Nemo.
Old October 21st, 2021, 09:47 AM

Yeah, fair points. I keep forgetting about Extraordinary lol.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy