Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old August 3rd, 2021, 11:44 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!
Byrikon the Hiveless Public Playtesting

-Figure Photo
Spoiler Alert!

-text version of the card
Spoiler Alert!

Synergies

As an Insect Hero:
Amberhive Protectors
Spoiler Alert!

Rulings and Clarifications:

Suggested R&C:
Quote:
Q: If the Hero chosen by Hive-Mind Integration is Mind Shackled, does Byrikon still get the initiative bonus if that Hero is within 5 clear sight spaces of Byrikon?
A: Yes. Even if Byrikon or the chosen Hero end up in different armies, the Byrikon owner can gain the initiative boost from Hive-Mind Integration as long as that other Hero is within 5 clear sight spaces of Byrikon. That player gains +2 per order marker on either army card, regardless of who owns the order markers.
Old August 7th, 2021, 02:41 PM

Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Byrikon the Hiveless Public Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Byrikon the Hiveless Summary:
Number of Rounds that Hive-Mind Integration gave an initiative bonus: 2 (+2 in Round 1 and +4 in Round 2)
Extra turns taken from Rapid Response: 1
Number of Insect Strategic Bonding turns taken: 0
Number of Sacrificial Sting attacks allowed by being an Insect Hero within 4 spaces of an Amberhive Protector: 0

Ranged bonding is powerful. Byrikon feels like 1/2 Guilty McCreech, 1/2 Alastair MacDirk. I like him, the theme is tight. Having another insect hero for the bees is nice and somewhat fixes the issue of the Amberhive Queen dying too quickly. All that being said, he died too quickly from a misplay in this game for me to have any well formed opinion on him. I can potentially see issues such as the bees not really functioning as a screen (since they sacrifice themselves) well enough to protect Byrikon in this build. But I don't know. 5 range also feels short.
See Here for the Battle Report.
Old August 10th, 2021, 01:30 PM

SchismaticSounds rolls all skulls baby! SchismaticSounds rolls all skulls baby! SchismaticSounds rolls all skulls baby! SchismaticSounds rolls all skulls baby!

Dang, was just wanting to make a custom with this guy along with speculating aeon guard to add to my new space faction in a “between the multiverse” style battle mat “set”.
I do like seeing these new space dnd characters being used.
On the report of him dying fast, maybe try him with 4 life. And 5 range does feel short for a space gun. Depends on what type gun he seems to have I guess.
I thought I saw the amberhive protectors somewhere. If not here then where?
Old August 10th, 2021, 04:38 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Dang, was just wanting to make a custom with this guy along with speculating aeon guard to add to my new space faction in a “between the multiverse” style battle mat “set”.
I do like seeing these new space dnd characters being used.
On the report of him dying fast, maybe try him with 4 life. And 5 range does feel short for a space gun. Depends on what type gun he seems to have I guess.
I thought I saw the amberhive protectors somewhere. If not here then where?
click on the playtest Amberhive Queen. They are under one of the "hides" there. Not a card, but the list of stats.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old August 18th, 2021, 11:55 PM

Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby! Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby! Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby! Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby! Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby!

490 points
Map
: WYRMWALK
Glyphs: Lodin (north), Kelda (south)

Army 1 (Western Start Zone): Janos, C'Rik, Byrikon the Hiveless, Rygarn, Deathreavers x3, Marcu Esenwein
Army 2 (Eastern Start Zone): Children of the Dark Star x3, Gräbermund, Agga-Zemir

Which units survived?
Janos (1 wound)
C'Rik (3 wounds)
Byrikon (1 wound)
Rygarn
8 Deathreavers
Marcu
1 Child of the Dark Star

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
Spoiler Alert!

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Janos:
Spoiler Alert!

C'Rik:
Spoiler Alert!

Byrikon:
Spoiler Alert!

Gräbermund:
Spoiler Alert!

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

Janos:
Spoiler Alert!

C'Rik:
Spoiler Alert!

Byrikon:
Spoiler Alert!

Gräbermund:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Blue Trails; August 19th, 2021 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Misremembered certain power names while writing the report.
Old August 21st, 2021, 09:18 PM

SchismaticSounds rolls all skulls baby! SchismaticSounds rolls all skulls baby! SchismaticSounds rolls all skulls baby! SchismaticSounds rolls all skulls baby!

PLAYTEST REPORT FOR BYRIKON THE HIVELESS AND AMBERHIVE PROTECTORS

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 19th, 2021, 10:56 PM

Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby! Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby! Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby! Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby! Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby!

400 points
Map:
Platypus
Glyphs: Valda (North), Holdir (South)
Army A (Western Start Zone): Amberhive Protectors x5, Sujoah, Byrikon the Hiveless
Army B (Eastern Start Zone): Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Morgoloth, Master Caylus

Which units survived?
Caylus (3 wounds)
4 Acolytes

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
Spoiler Alert!

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Byrikon:
Hive-Mind Integration: marker placed on Sujoah. Used twice; affected initiative outcome neither time.
Rapid Reaction: never used.
Normal Attack: used four times; dealt no damage.

Master Caylus:
Staff of Enfeeblement: used once on Byrikon and thrice on Sujoah; the power was accidentally misinterpreted by allowing Sujoah to use its special attack while enfeebled.
Brutal Taskmaster: used during each round; boosted Acolytes destroyed Byrikon, three bees, and Sujoah.
Normal Attack: used twice; destroyed one bee and whiffed against another.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

Byrikon:
Spoiler Alert!

Master Caylus:
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting