Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old April 11th, 2021, 02:29 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
Re: Announcing ScapeCon: July 29th-August 1st

It doesn't look like I'm in. I mistakenly thought this was the previous date for GenCon, which I have off but nothing to do. I have to pick all my vacation time in December for the previous year.

This is a very cool idea, not just for this year, but as an annual event. I know it's kind of spur of the moment right now, but future planning will make attendance even better. I'm definitely interested for future years.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old April 11th, 2021, 02:31 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mailman View Post
It doesn't look like I'm in. I mistakenly thought this was the previous date for GenCon, which I have off but nothing to do. I have to pick all my vacation time in December for the previous year.

This is a very cool idea, not just for this year, but as an annual event. I know it's kind of spur of the moment right now, but future planning will make attendance even better. I'm definitely interested for future years.
Sorry to hear that- you'll be missed! Hopefully we'll see you next year in Indy (be it for GenCon or ScapeCon)!
Old April 11th, 2021, 02:33 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

That's too bad, we lost some other guys as well because of the switch in weekends. Hotel rooms would be $100 a night more because of the firefighters' convention which moved to the original GenCon weekend.
Old April 11th, 2021, 02:37 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
Sorry if I wasn't clear on this -- hotel rooms are independent of badge price. You book your hotel room directly with the hotel which is a per room price for your family at $129 per night (I presume you would get two queens.) But let's say it's a couple coming, or just a single person, they might want a king bed.
You'll buy your badge from us, which is a per person charge and includes everything we detailed. So, if there were 3 of you, and if we could get 40 attendees your badges would total $870 ($290 x 3.)
Thanks! The text breakdown approximation is helpful
Old April 11th, 2021, 05:33 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I won't be able to come but I did want to congratulate you all in putting this together. So awesome that in 2021 Heroscape will have its own convention. Great work and I look forward to the stream!
Old April 11th, 2021, 05:39 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
I won't be able to come but I did want to congratulate you all in putting this together. So awesome that in 2021 Heroscape will have its own convention. Great work and I look forward to the stream!
Thanks for the kind words!

I presume everyone has seen it, but if not, events are up!
Old April 11th, 2021, 06:01 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
I appreciate the advice. I thought about setting up an LLC. In Connecticut, it's $120 to the state (not a big deal) with an annual fee of $20, but then we need to get a tax ID number and file a tax return. Until recently every LLC had to pay a minimum tax of $250 even if you didn't make any money or even if you lost money. Although that fee is now gone (which is a miracle in and of itself in that the State of CT never reduces taxes) it could come back at any time (particularly once the feds stop giving the states COVID money and people decide it's safe to move back to NYC thereby taking their high incomes that we tax heavily with them.) The bank I use charges $20 a month for a business account unless you keep at least $1,000 in the account at all times. Major PIA. If this is successful and becomes an annual event, then maybe we set up the LLC and build the charges in.
Damn what a mess. I have 4 separate LLCs in 4 different States that I do work in. Trust me it makes my quarterly taxes so much easier. Those Ct rules SUCK!

As far as a bank goes I went with Credit Unions. They did not require the insane $15 minimum balances that say Chase wanted

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 12th, 2021, 08:01 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Go ahead and put me on the confirmed list. Excited for my first “Gencon” experience! I will be promoting Scapecon at the Peoria Monthlies so hopefully I can drum up a few more.

Tournament Record:124-50 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 12th, 2021, 08:20 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Go ahead and put me on the confirmed list. Excited for my first “Gencon” experience! I will be promoting Scapecon at the Peoria Monthlies so hopefully I can drum up a few more.
Awesome!! See you there!
Old April 12th, 2021, 08:21 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
And I can help with that too, if we're able to do an event on the 3rd when I'm in town (or earlier that week too)...also, if it's the morning of the 3rd then it's more likely we could still get a good showing right? something like 10am - 3pm?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 12th, 2021, 11:21 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

I would love to attend a big tourney like this, but this is like the worst possible weekend for this to be for me lol! Alas, perhaps next year. I hope this goes very well, long live the scape
Old April 15th, 2021, 07:51 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

happy and said to say, Take me off the list of going - I got a job offer for July, and only having worked 2 days as a guide this last year, I need to take it.

Teacher Matt and Mike Flak will also not be attending

Very sorry to cancel, but I need the work. Enjoy it, besides I was a little lost, all the food and snacks are covered so is there any need for me to give out food between matches - I don't know, and now I will not find out.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon