Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 13th, 2021, 05:06 PM

dukeadam is surprisingly tart
Heroscape cards translation

Hi, I would like to translate my Heroscape cards to Polish so that I could easier play with my 7yo son. However, I have no idea how to customise cards. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Are there any templates for existing units available? It would be easiest to just exchange English text with Polish.
Thanks for any help

P.S. We use both official and C3V and SoV units.
Old March 14th, 2021, 04:01 PM

Re: Heroscape cards translation

Anyone?
Old March 14th, 2021, 10:28 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have made a card or two in the past. I will look into what I did (it was a while ago). I will try to connect you with the people that do it consistently. Any help for others?

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old March 14th, 2021, 10:31 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here is a place to start.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53494

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old March 14th, 2021, 11:48 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's a couple more links with instructions on making custom cards:

How to make a custom card using GIMP. PICTURES INCLUDED
MSE - Magic Set Editor

Making your own copies of a lot of the Heroscape Cards would be a lot of work though - sounds like you could use a file of the cards that had an editable text section. I just don't know if or where something like that would exist. I believe @Leaf_It works on putting together the cards for C3V (maybe?), maybe the C3V art department could hook you up with some cards where you'd be able to edit the text and translate it. I'm not sure. I don't know where you could find something like that for the original Heroscape Cards though.

Sorry I'm not much help!

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old March 15th, 2021, 12:02 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You could try heroscapers.com/xorlof/x2cc.
Old March 15th, 2021, 02:45 AM

Thanks for the input. Files with an editable text section would work best indeed. I will look into what You said and think about my options How can I find people from C3V art department? I have quite a lot of C3V, C3G, SoV units (love them, probably better quality than originals).
Old March 15th, 2021, 06:01 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

On french forum some people translate all the cards:
http://forum.heroscape.free.fr/phpBB...forum.php?f=14

You may go and ask how they do it here :
http://forum.heroscape.free.fr/phpBB...forum.php?f=12
Old March 15th, 2021, 09:16 AM

Unfortunately I don't know French. I used Google translator but didn't find proper topic on the subject
Old March 15th, 2021, 09:53 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Maybe @DanieLoche can help.

C3G would be an incredible undertaking considering how many cards there are.
If you can find an easy way to translate the text and have it fit on the card, perhaps something could be figured out.
I doubt if C3G would release their templates but maybe someone would be willing to help out.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 15th, 2021, 10:23 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Hi @dukeadam !

I am the one who launched the unified heroscape army card translated in french (and still in use and updated by my fellow 'scaper LoDeNo now).

If you have a huge amount of cards to manage and also want something consistent, I highly recommend you Magic Sec Editor (MSE),someone already put the link above.
=> It has a basic Heroscape Marvel army card template, however I am not sure all the card blanks used by C3G are there... you might need to adapt or change a few things there, but this will probably come as a last step. Some resources to add new Marvel blank cards can be found here (that's probably the hardest part of all this work).

=> You have 2 choices then to mass-produce C3G army cards in MSE as a first draft.
Simplest one is directly via MSE : you create and translate at the same time all the C3G army cards one by one in MSE. This should build you the whole C3G collection slowly but surely.
Second option is that you open a MSE file with already 1/2 marvel army cards on it (.mse-set file) with a text editor : you will notice everything is text-readable. So here you could mass copy/format/paste into this text file from any C3G text-based database, save the file, and then open it again in MSE. This should result in a file with all the army card already created, and you then just have to adjust them via MSE : translations, card colors, picture and hitzone.
The second option is a little more "advanced", but the text-edition option allows you for instance to "Find and Replace" any instance of the same Specie, Class etc. to mass-translate some things. Individual adjustments is still mandatory at some point though.

A few more tips :
- For the Picture and Hitzone, just save locally the original army card versions and use them in MSE directly. It's the simplest way to add the pictures without any image edition involved (you will understand using MSE).

- Do not hesitate to identify and translate any recurrent words before going into the long translation phase : you will regret having a Personality/Class/Power name/Species translated in multiple ways on different cards and having to check all again then... To achieve this, you may want to use the pre-made auto-fill files in MSE, to replace the current auto-fill lists by your polish equivalents. You can find those in the folder "heroscape.mse-game" : you have here the "wordlists" file with all the species, type, class, personalities, size, generals and planets. The "keywords" file can also be useful for recurrent special powers, but a little more complicated to manage.. I personally do without it.
/!\ Beware: those 2 files don't like accents at all..! Don't put any text with special characters on them, otherwise your MSE will crash.

....That's a lot to compute, so don't hesitate with any question.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; March 18th, 2021 at 05:04 AM.
Old March 17th, 2021, 07:35 PM

These are great tips, thanks! But where can I find "original army cards"? That's the point - I would like to acquire editable army cards, also for SoV/C3V units so that I could edit just the text field.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards