Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old November 20th, 2020, 09:56 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Promotions Dept. | FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS - Green Energy

I LOL'd opening Ch'p's book. Never seen that design interpretation. Only (slightly) familiar with the character as he looks in the mini pictured in Arch-vile's post. Going to have to play a game of Cat vs Rodent, although at 50pts ahead, I think Dex-Starr has the upper hand.

And I was going back and forth between Guardians making sure I ddn't miss any differences beside SI and Broome's baldness. Very appropriate, and pretty humorous release overall.

Not familiar with Simon Baz at all, but he looks really fun, and I'll have to pit him against Batman since he seems confident.

Baz's costume reminded me of the Comedian's riot costume, Marshal Law's costume, as well as one of Law's enemies, Suicida.

Marshal Law, for those who don't know, has been described as parody/satire of the 90's, but originating in the 80's.

The reception portion of Baz on Wikipedia cites A.V. Club's Oliver Sava, who "comments that Baz shares a lot in common with the "gritty" superheroes of the 1990s, stating: "Baz isn’t so much a character as he is a series of clichés and coincidences."'

The phrase '"gritty" superheroes of the 1990s" links to the Modern Age of Comics wiki page, which is headed by a picture of Watchmen's cover, so it all came together in that way for me.

I could be way off, and am not in any way criticizing this character I don't know much about. Marshal Law and Watchmen are two of my favorites, and I just thought that was interesting.
Old November 20th, 2020, 09:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I mean he has the powers of a Green Lantern and insists on using a hand gun, so there's probably something there.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 20th, 2020, 10:03 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Yep, we thought the Guardians worked pretty well as a series of identical designs.

Baz is a fun character. He was created as kind of a self-insert by Geoff Johns at the end of his run, and I feel like other writers struggled to use him well. He eventually was paired with Jessica Cruz and they worked really well as a duo in their run. I'm not sure if Morrison has brought him back yet now that he's taken over Green Lantern.
Old November 20th, 2020, 10:06 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I really like how this release fleshes out a lot of Green Lantern army building options. Uncommons, Jessica and Simon, the Guardians, even the Power Battery giving you a sick home base.

Just so y'all don't get your hopes up too much, I'll spoiler that this is the largest of the Festival of Lights releases!

Edit: Up to 24 characters, one glyph, and one DO for the Festival of Lights so far, though!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 20th, 2020, 10:57 PM
Tickles Pickles

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'm still partial to the last release
Old November 21st, 2020, 05:32 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I mean he has the powers of a Green Lantern and insists on using a hand gun, so there's probably something there.
I mean, we've seen Lantern rings run out of juice and/or get deactivated enough times, can't say I wouldn't want a back up under those cicumstances! Though I'd probably want something that couldn't run out of ammo, since that's my concern with the ring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
I LOL'd opening Ch'p's book. Never seen that design interpretation. Only (slightly) familiar with the character as he looks in the mini pictured in Arch-vile's post. Going to have to play a game of Cat vs Rodent, although at 50pts ahead, I think Dex-Starr has the upper hand.

He's a fun one! Really happy with how he turned out, actually - he tends not to last too long, but can dish out a crap tonne of damage while he's there.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 21st, 2020, 09:24 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

If you like Marshall Law then check out 2000AD.
Pat Mills has done a ton of awesome work for 2000AD.
I have considered some Marshall Law designs but need to figure out minis.
My friend is a huge Law fan.
Old November 21st, 2020, 02:41 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby!

I do need to read more of his stuff. Nemesis the Warlock is another of my favorites, and the cards for it are fantastic. Reading the strategy article on Torquemada shows what a spooky character he is.
Can't wait for Rogue Trooper!

I'm wondering if there is a Green Lantern Ring glyph in the works that you can equip to a character at the start of the game, so that they may also benefit from the Central and Power Batteries.
Old November 21st, 2020, 03:08 PM

There isn’t but I would love to see a write up!

Old November 21st, 2020, 05:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Just need a figure for Rogue Trooper.
Old November 21st, 2020, 05:55 PM
Casing the Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
There isn’t but I would love to see a write up!
I like the theme that not just anyone can wield the power of a Green Lantern, and if you're not chosen, then the closest you'll get is being within the Aura of Willpower.
Similarly, Parallax can give anyone Fear, but not just anyone can utilize the Yellow Battery markers it places on its host's card.

I'd want to that theme to be retained if there were a Ring glyph.

I'm not versed in any way with Lantern-Lore, so I'd be a terrible person to try making a draft for the ring.

I'm probably overly obsessed with the Doctor Doom character thanks to this game, and this is a pretty comic books-y type question, but wouldn't he be a good candidate for the ring? I'd love to hear thoughts on why or why not. I might be fundamentally misunderstanding something about the Corps.

Willpower is one of, if not Doom's strongest attributes. Great scene with the Purple Man here:
Spoiler Alert!

It's represented by Mental Shield in the game. So considering if that could be a qualifier for the ring, who else has Mental Shield?
Magneto, and Juggernaut both have Mental Shield thanks to their helmets, but they're both pretty willful people. Nothing stops the Juggernaut!

Karate Kid seems willful as well, though I'm not familiar with the character. Zemo gets it from his headband, and he's willful, but is he Green-Lantern worthy?
Not sure, and I really don't know about the Stepfords, Vulcan, Psimon, Mentallo or others I might have missed. But I think perhaps Mental Shield might not be the best qualifier.

Right now, there's a few powers Doom could steal and use from some Lanterns, like Going Nuts Special Attack (lol).

If Doom is already Hostage to Parallax Entity, and survived long enough to get 3 Yellow Battery Markers, he could steal Parallax Hal's powers, giving Doom the name Yellow Lantern for some safety from Parallax Entity that round, and the ability to use Energy Massacre. Very situational, and likely not worth the effort.

Batman seems to have no problem getting rings. Maybe because he's Batman, or maybe they get passed around more than I realize.
https://www.cbr.com/batman-wears-a-lantern-ring/
He's probably due to have a few different cards dedicated to his various Bat-Lantern incarnations, but also a Utility E-Glyph.
If Lantern rings are pretty exclusive like I'm lead to believe, maybe only Batman figures with the Driven personality could activate the powers on that particular glyph.
Old November 21st, 2020, 06:03 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

A lot of characters get rings from the various corps in elseworlds stories (and several temporarily in canon). Batman, Oracle, and Black Canary have all used a green lantern ring in various media. They've flip-flopped over the years regarding how hard it is to use a ring. I believe the more modern interpretation allows anyone to use a ring at least somewhat. In the Sinestro comic, the entire Justice League was given Yellow Lantern rings to help fight off the New Gods, which doesn't make much sense to me. Comics follow the "rule of cool" more than anything.

So if we were making a Lantern Ring glyph, I'd let anyone equip and use it. I'm not sure how we'd get it into the game, but we have draftable Destructible Objects with point costs now, so a glyph with a point cost is certainly doable. It would just be new ground.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project