Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 9th, 2020, 02:40 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Captain Stupdendous' Customs Updated 3/23/16 Gorillitill

It's been a long time, but I'm back with another custom squad. The figures used for these guys are the Malakir Bloodchasers from the Arena of the Planeswalkers game.

Text version:
Spoiler Alert!

I think these guys could provide a unique take on the assassin role, ideal for hunting down and eliminating sharky unique heroes. I'm currently undecided as to whether they fit better in Vydar or Utgar, but put them in Utgar for now because of the nightmare class and terrifying personality, although I could see those details changing at some point.
Old October 23rd, 2020, 12:27 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Cpt. Stupdendous' Customs 10/23/20 Ergoth the Corpse Lor

Something new to boost the Badru and Anubians.

Text version
Spoiler Alert!

I'm still not completely set on how I want the buff part of Feast of Flesh to work. I really like how it provides kind of a consolation for when your Badru fail their pounces, and it combines with Ravenous Assault in interesting ways. Just not sure if the possibility of +3 Attack for all adjacent hunters and devourers is too crazy.
Old October 23rd, 2020, 01:06 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post

Text version
Spoiler Alert!

I'm still not completely set on how I want the buff part of Feast of Flesh to work. I really like how it provides kind of a consolation for when your Badru fail their pounces, and it combines with Ravenous Assault in interesting ways. Just not sure if the possibility of +3 Attack for all adjacent hunters and devourers is too crazy.
Is Ravenous Assault meant to force you to attack your own figures? If so, that could cause some interesting push and pull with his attack boost power - interesting in theory, but I have no idea how well it'd work in practice.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 23rd, 2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

Text version
Spoiler Alert!

Is Ravenous Assault meant to force you to attack your own figures? If so, that could cause some interesting push and pull with his attack boost power - interesting in theory, but I have no idea how well it'd work in practice.
Yep, that's the idea. Whenever he attacks, he needs to attack everything adjacent, even friendly figures. It's also kind of interesting in that he's a cheerleader with a 1 range aura.
Old October 23rd, 2020, 01:27 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Text version
Spoiler Alert!

Yep, that's the idea. Whenever he attacks, he needs to attack everything adjacent, even friendly figures. It's also kind of interesting in that he's a cheerleader with a 1 range aura.
That's a clever idea! No idea if it'll work or not, but it's clever. Notably, he also has to attack each time he takes a turn, as long as there's at least 1 viable target after moving.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 23rd, 2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Text version
Spoiler Alert!

That's a clever idea! No idea if it'll work or not, but it's clever. Notably, he also has to attack each time he takes a turn, as long as there's at least 1 viable target after moving.
Huh, that definitely wasn't intentional but I think I kinda like it? If I want to keep that aspect of the design I'd probably reword Ravenous Assault to read "After moving, Ergoth must attack all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately." Definitely makes positioning him more tricky. The fact that bonding heroes take a turn BEFORE squads also helps make him much more playable, since you can move Ergoth into position, attack everything, then move in the Badru adjacent for the buffs.
Old October 23rd, 2020, 02:37 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That is one cool mini, and the Wolf faction can always use more love If you're worried about Feast of Flesh being too powerful or too easy to get going, it might be more balanced and more thematically relevant if it only works when a Friendly Figure is destroyed on your own turn (as Pouncing and Raging tends to do) and/or if it only applied to Wolves (so you don't draft some Venoc Vipers to get that +3 Bonus right away for 40 points).

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 23rd, 2020, 05:15 PM

Re: Cpt. Stupedendous' Customs 10/23/20 Ergoth the Corpse Lo

Testing something for the app.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; February 27th, 2021 at 06:45 PM.
Old February 27th, 2021, 06:27 PM

Re: Cpt. Stupedendous' Customs 2/27/21 Einar Soulborgs

Stupe's Customs Booster 1: The Golden Legion

One of the (many) things I appreciated about classic scape was how each faction of soulborgs had a unique aesthetic and mechanical themes that made each faction feel cohesive and distinct. After finding these miniatures on Amazon, I was inspired to develop a soulborg faction for Einar. I think that using miniatures based on Japanese mecha/gundam designs is an incredibly thematic and visually interesting way to introduce soulborgs into Einar’s ranks. You can find the miniature information HERE.

Solarion VI

Text Version
Spoiler Alert!

Solarion VI is the leader of Einar's Golden Legion of soulborgs, and serves to defend the more vulnerable members of the faction. As a design aesthetic, each of Einar's soulborg heroes has a defense value equal to its life value, along with the power Golden Core which keeps Solarion from being overpowered as a ranged flyer with 6L and 6D. Golden Core means that once a hero takes an initial wound, they'll tend to fall quickly, which is why using Solarion to soak early wounds to keep the defense of your other figures high is a worthwhile trade. With flying, 5R, and 4A, he is also theoretically a potent endgame cleanup hero, but his ability Defense Matrix means that using him in this way is unlikely to be the best use of his points. Its also worth noting that Defense Matrix works on any Einar soldier, not just his fellow soulborgs, although this is only likely to be worth using with Einar Imperium rather than the Romans, Greeks, or Redcoats.

Hyperion V

Text Version
Spoiler Alert!

Previous Versions
Spoiler Alert!

Hyperion V is the melee bruiser of the faction, and has the highest offensive burst potential with the possibility of making two attacks of 6 with his Accerator Gauntlets Special Attack. However, setting this attack up can be quite tricky, as it requires him to target figures that he was not adjacent to at the start of his turn while only moving in a straight line. However, his Hyper Speed 4 ability will help set him up in a position to target new enemies next turn. Hyperion's high offensive potential is balanced out by the fact that 5L 5D is actually quite fragile when paired with Golden Core, and he should die rather quickly to focused fire unless he's within the range of Solarion's Defense Matrix.

EDIT: After some testing I'm increasing the starting attack of Hyperion's Special to 2 instead of 1, as it was proving very difficult to get into a position where using the special was preferable to his 5 normal attack. The max attack of the special is still capped at 6.

Valorion IV

Text Version
Spoiler Alert!

Previous Version
Spoiler Alert!

Valorion IV provides the long-range artillery piece for the faction, with his Rail Gun Special Attack acting as a devastating counter to groups of low defense common squads. Durasteel Shield, a renamed version of the Sentinels of Jandar's Shields of Valor, gives him much greater durability and allows him to continue blocking attacks even after he has taken one or two wounds. It also synergizes extremely well with Solarion's Defense Matrix, since taking a wound and reducing Valorion's defense by 1 is twice as impactful as lowering Solarion's defense by 1. His relatively high normal attack also poses a threat to unique heroes as well, as with height and Marcus Decimus he can be attacking with 6 dice at 6 range.

EDIT: I just increased the range of Valorion's normal attack from 6 to 7 to match the range of his special, as it felt unthematic for the "sniper" of the faction to only have 6R with his normal.

Golden Centurions

Text Version
Spoiler Alert!

Previous Versions
Spoiler Alert!

Centurion VIIa and her "brother" VIIb comprise the elite soulborg squad known to Einar's forces as the "Golden Centurions." @flameslayer93 provided the excellent suggestion for Heavy Cannon Special Attack. With the potential to make three attacks of four dice, they are probably the most consistent source of damage available to the faction, and with 7 defense and the ability to be kept alive by Defense Matrix, opponents will probably think twice before targeting them for an attack. This should help them survive longer than other 2 man squads and allow them to serve as potent offensive threats well into the midgame. The tension between either developing them with Jump Jets or using their Heavy Cannon each turn also provides some interesting decisions for the player controlling them, and also is a great thematic connection to their sculpts.

EDIT: I've made a couple significant changes to the Centurions that were intended to make the faction as a whole more interesting to play. First, their normal attack was dropped from 3 down to 2, as I found that with height the opportunity of getting 3 attacks of 4A was too good to ever justify placing OMs on Hyperion or Valorion outside of unusual situations. Secondly, the range of their SA was increased from 4 up to 6 in an effort to increase the number of situations where players face a meaningful choice between using Jump Jets or using the SA. At only 4R, the Centurions were unlikely to have a target for their SA unless they were in near optimal position anyway. The additional range increases the likelihood that they will have available SA targets before they get onto height, forcing the player to choose between developing the Centurions or have increased offense for the turn.

Overall I'm very excited with the potential that this faction has as it develops. At this time I am still pondering what the best point values for each figure should be, and as playtesting progresses I will likely update this with small tweaks as I don't yet consider these designs to be "finalized." I'd also like to update this post with bios as I have time to write them. As always, any comments or suggestions are much appreciated! I've also included some more photos of the miniatures alongside other soulborgs in the spoilers below.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; March 2nd, 2021 at 11:46 AM.
Old February 28th, 2021, 12:36 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cpt. Stupedendous' Customs 2/27/21 Einar Soulborg Factio

It's been a hell of a ride seeing these things in Discord. It's cool to see them as a neat ~450 point army, adding Marcus if the points allow. Minor quibbles ahead:

I'm surprised the ranged units don't have another click of range. Sure they are quite heavily armored Soulborgs, but they do have very long (and it appears scoped) guns. Also the sniper guy doesn't feel quite like a sniper with 6 normal range or 7 with his special attack.

Its interesting that Hyperion is Devout... I'm not quite sure I'd associate religion with Soulborgs. I do comprehend the Count Raymond synergy but... it's seems silly. Disciplined, or maaaaybe Bold, Brash, etc would probably work better here.

I hate Shields of Valor as a power. I completely understand the reasoning behind it on this design, and I'm not bashing the design. Just the existence of the power.

Interestingly, I wonder how smart of an idea it is to pair Raelin with these guys. She'd take away a lot of their downsides with Golden Core (fantastic power name btw), and the units themselves are very dangerous to simply leave unchecked if she is focused on.

Looking at these minis next to other heroscape robots is a treat. It almost makes me want to drop the money on em.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 28th, 2021, 02:03 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ok! Let’s put out some constructed feedback now that I can see all these things together in one place.

Solarion VI, I like the name for this unit and I think it fits the miniature well. It has a very Metabots or Pokemon feel to it which is nostalgic in a good way for me.
Statline looks strong, very tanky initially but with a downside in the power text. I think this would make for an effective unit as a stand alone just considering that it can fly, has some ranged with decent attack and good defense. I’ve not looked but are there any bonding options that can take advantage of any of these soulborgs?
Power are going to be very fun and thematic, good tension between defensive matrix and golden core. Interesting that it allows you to save Ants as well but I agree that it probably would be used on something more like the Einar Emperium which fits a great theme for this. Golden Core is interesting and makes me question the point value at 150, though I agree that’s a great place to start testing. My initial guess is that it’ll probably fall in the 130-140 range in practice but that depends on how the faction performs together.

Hyperion V has a lot of potential to play hit and run but not in an oppressive way due to the lack of flying. I see this guy acting as an assassin in a lot of cases, hitting a key piece on the board and then retreating to the defensive matrix or raelin’s aura.
I agree with your assessment about the statline, 5D is honestly not that hard to overcome especially when paired with Golden Core. 5 life is only average durability for a hero but Soulborgs in general are a finicky lot that seldom have a lot of life points so I think that a good balance is being struck here. It’s interesting that we have to splash Marcus for the +1 extra move for all of these units which will make Hyperion more of a threat in general with his 5 grounded move. I think I see myself using the 5 standard attack quite often after seeking out height.
Hyper Speed 4 is a neat power, I like that and I’m assuming it makes you take any leaving engagement attacks. I understand why you might want that for balance purposes. Golden Core is a negative power that will likely keep the points low, 100 is a good starting point for testing and I don’t think there will be many areas where this guy over performs unless the opponent just makes a very poor placement choice. Any screen should be able to keep this guy off the targets that he wants to hit (raelin, nilfheim, ect..) and even if he does get a chance at that crucial beat down he can only retreat 4 which makes a difference.

Valorion IV reminds me of league of legends, just the name. Cool model though I think it is the least fancy of all the sculpts in the line up, maybe due to the lack of gold
Stats are interesting in this case when I look back and forth between the powers. I understand that you might want to use his normal attack sometimes in order to leverage a position of height but I’m curious as to if that is enough of an allure to use the Rail Gun in different instances as opposed to the normal attack. I’d almost like to see the ranges reversed, Rail Gun at 6 and normal attack range at 7. That’s most likely preferential, I think that the low life of 4 is expected with the defensive ability paired with a defense of 4 on this figure.
For powers, Golden Core is going to be something that either makes or breaks this faction the more that I look at it. Definitely fun to balance around and helps keep their points in the realm of reality I think. Rail Gun is a nice way to hit more than 1 figure, with the heroes (unless there is a bonding option) having the ability to only hit 1 or 2 things a turn you will definitely need ways to bypass screens or at least destroy multiple pieces in one go. I don’t love Durasteel Shield here, I understand that you are designing to the sculpt and that this piece actually wants a defensive ability but I think I’d like to see something like 1 Shield defense on here a bit more because it would have the life points descend at a controlled rate and feel a lot better with Golden Core slowly lower its chance to hold everything at bay. 110 seems really reasonable for points, with defensive matrix and a good board set up this unit may find itself at 120 but that’s not far if testing shows it should adjust.

Golden Centurions are very needed if this faction is to be fielded all at once though I’m really kinda sad not to see any kind of bonding here. A Hero only faction will struggle with board presence and dealing with squads in general, maybe their stats carry them through though.
Stats are nice here, defense of 7 ensures that they have a chance at not caving in but they will still whiff if squads tie them down. Range of 5 is interesting to play with because it means that you will never be safe, even the slowest melee squad should be able to catch you with at least 1 if not multiple engagements on their turn unless there is significant terrain separating you. I’d almost like to see it at 6 so you can kite a bit more because with move 5 and range 5 you are getting outdistanced by a lot of units like the wait then fire squads which would love to set up on hills and have you enter their volley range for a guaranteed crack back as long as they have developed properly. That coupled with the fact that these are a unique squad and you won’t be replacing them will require you to have some interesting development of your own to ensure your defensive matrix covers them to avoid losing investment before even being able to attack.
Jump Jet is a pretty fun power, it is a unique way to take a break from “flying but with 4 move,” I think that I will probably be using Jump Pack the majority of the time unless I am descending from height. Giving them stealth jump pack may have helped their survivability but �� I try to be generous to unique squads, they are incredibly fragile especially when combined with the sub-genre of being a 2 man squad. Heavy Cannon is cool, I’m guessing the intent is to be able to have one of the centurions be able to normal attack AND use this special attack? I think I saw that on discord when you were talking about it, might require additional wording to make that clear because just from a base rules perspective I think that special attacks generally replace a normal attack unless otherwise specified. If I’m crazy then just ignore me xD but I think that a 2 man squad being able to put out 3 attacks, (even with limited range) will help when they are getting swarmed which will almost always happen given their unique squad status. 90 points is a good starting point I’m curious to see where they end up.

If this project gets further along I’ll definitely buy the robots and support it as well
Old March 2nd, 2021, 12:01 PM

Thanks for your comments @flameslayer93 and @Shiftrex ! I've updated the designs based on your feedback and some initial playtesting. You can see the changes in my edited design notes and the text spoilers, but I haven't updated the cards yet.

Responding to just a couple specific points:

The wording for Heavy Cannon SA was borrowed from Mok's Gunner SA, so I think the wording there is as good as it probably can be, although I do wish c3v had been a bit more explicit in their terminology when it comes to SAs that can be used in addition to normal attacks.

One Shield Defense is a good potential alternative to Durasteel Shield. Right now I think I'll get some more testing in with Durasteel before changing anything, just because I really like how Durasteel interacts with Golden Core and Defense Matrix, but its definitely something I'll be keeping an eye on in playtesting.

I agree that the range values might be slightly low compared to the sculpts, but I want to be careful about balance with the range values. I agree that Valorion's normal range should be increased, and have increased it to 7 to match the special. I'm slightly worried about the potential to get 7R 6A with height and Marcus, but in practice I don't think that will be too OP given the relative difficulty in setting up the combo. As for Solarion, I'm very hesitant to increase his range to more than 5 just because he has 5M (potential 6M with Marcus) and Flying. Even though Defense Matrix strongly discourages using him as cleanup, I wonder if with 6R he might be taken in builds outside of the Legion just to act as an expensive and much more durable Atlaga, which is something that sounds potentially frustrating to play against.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards