Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old September 26th, 2020, 05:06 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: AOTV General Discussion - Pod 2 starting soon!

Which units would be ready for this process?
Old October 1st, 2020, 05:45 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

This vote passes. I'll update the official process in a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Which units would be ready for this process?
My understanding is that much of Pod 2 is ready for Public Feedback. I've only been following their development loosely recently, but I'll try to take a look at where everything is within the next couple of days if I can and bump things accordingly.

We could also put Pods 0 and 1 into Public Feedback now as well, though I'm not sure how valuable that would be, given that they shouldn't return to Design afterward (especially the ones already in Testing).
Old October 4th, 2020, 03:33 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Alright. Should we make one public feedback thread and link to each one, or will the status thread be sufficient?
Old October 4th, 2020, 03:56 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that we should keep each unit's feedback to their respective threads.

I'll make a post in the Status Thread with links for each unit entering Public Feedback when they officially pass the vote and the blurb is posted by a Pod Leader in their thread.
Old October 6th, 2020, 09:14 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I think that we should keep each unit's feedback to their respective threads.
Agreed. One thread for feedback would get muddied. Separate threads for feedback is just too many threads. No reason not to keep it with the units themselves.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 7th, 2020, 09:34 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Agreed. One thread for feedback would get muddied. Separate threads for feedback is just too many threads. No reason not to keep it with the units themselves.
Correct.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 12th, 2020, 08:23 PM

Wonderful. Looking forward to it.
Old February 21st, 2021, 12:26 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How would people feel about using spoiler tags to preserve previous versions of designs whenever the OP of a thread is updated? I think this could be helpful when referring to older playtesting data, and it would be cool after a design is finished to be able to view a changelog of how the unit has evolved over the course of the design and playtesting process.
Old February 23rd, 2021, 12:43 AM

I think that's a good idea. We would need to decide what changes should go in a spoiler in the OP, though--small wording changes or balance tweaks probably aren't worth adding a whole new draft to the list, but the more drastic redesigns for stuff like Tetsuo and the Ukushisa would paint a nice visual history of the process.

EDIT: Also, @Pumpkin_King , do you mind updating this thread title whenever you get a chance? Pod 2 started a while ago.
Old February 25th, 2021, 09:45 PM

Re: AOTV General Discussion

Done, edited that out unless there's something you'd rather have there.
Old March 3rd, 2021, 11:06 PM

All Your Pie has informed me that he'll be stepping down from AotV. He has been an excellent contributor to AotV since its inception; hopefully he will return to the project one day in the future.

Given that he owns several of the threads for Pod 1, we'll need a method to update those OPs going forward. I think that it may be possible to swap out the user in control of an OP of a thread--that seems like a better method than asking a moderator to edit a post for us at every change. Are there any thoughts on this?

Something else that I want to bring up is the idea of starting our own Maps Subforum (similar to the Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios forum section). I think that with 12 designs in a promising place, ~6 glyphs shaping up, and a Destructible Object, we can start looking into developing more maps and scenarios in an official capacity. It's worth talking about how we should proceed here--I don't think that we need to establish Pods for Maps/Scenarios, for example, but we do want to have some level of quality assurance and playtesting for each scenario. As a first point of discussion, who all is interested in map and scenario design using the AotP boxes?

Some key things to keep in mind: we're aiming to have at least one scenario per Expansion Box, so one scenario mixing AotP boards and Volcarren Wasteland, one mixing AotP boards and Swarm of the Marro, etc. We do also want to have several scenarios available just using the AotP content, which is going to be much harder to design in all honesty. I do think that we could use a whole forum for this topic, with threads per scenario/map in the future.
Old March 4th, 2021, 07:42 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

In order to do scenarios, pretty much all the designs need to be finished first correct?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs