Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 12th, 2020, 03:13 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Casters of Valhalla

The major way I've been playing heroscape during "quarantine" has been by building 20 armies that are slightly underpowered and then rolling a D20 to see which army I play. We've talked a bit about it in the latest podcast about how it worked at my birthday party. OEAO and I have been talking a little about it and thought we might bring the listeners (both of them) in on the fun.

With Gen Con being cancelled Ken Con will be happening in full swing during the same time frame. Attendance will be somewhere in the 10-12 range. It's mostly local guys with a few celebrities from Arizona and Minnesota. We will be having a heroscape tourney described by the above paragraph where each player will get a random army every round based on your roll of the D20. You cannot play the same army twice. There will be varying levels of player skill but everyone will have at least played heroscape a handful of times.

Here are the armies:
1. WSG, Grubs x 2, Heirloom, Shiori
2. Jotun, Stingers x 2
3. Blasts, Glads, Greater Ice Elemental, Kumiko
4. Einar Imperium x 2, Kiova
5. Aubriens x 2, Acolarh, WoAx2
6. Groks x 2, NGS
7. Sudema, PKs x 2, Johnny Shotgun
8. MacDirks x 2, Alastair, James Murphy
9. WoB x 3, WL
10. Granite Guardians x 2, Warden, Chainfighters x 2
11. Protectors x 2, KMS
12. Romans x 2, Valguard, DW9K
13. Drake 2, Warforged x 2
14. Minions x 2, Runa
15. Capuans x2, Retiarius, Sharwin
16. Armocs x 2, VW, EOV
17. Brandis, Cutters x 2, Brutes x 2
18. Rhogar, Kaemon Awa, Ana
19. Sonlen, MBS, Drow x 2
20. Brunak, Nakitas, Izumi, Zetacron

Where both of the listeners come in, we'd like you guys to post which army do you think will have the most wins at the end of the tournament. We're thinking around 6-8 rounds 40 minute games. Armies are around the 350 point range with some exceptions.

Post which army you think will have the most wins at the end of the day. If you think one army is way to overpowered mention that as well. We'll do a podcast at the end of the tournament talking though how things fared, what army surprised, what army disappointed, and what army climbed to the top.

I vote for army 10. It has chainfighters!

Post your vote!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 12th, 2020, 04:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Since there is no Braxas, I am pulling for the other Queen, Sudema.
#7 for the win.
#1 as an under performance.
#12 looks strong.

Sounds fun. Great format. Post pics!
Old July 12th, 2020, 04:43 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like 12, 13 and 20.
I'll take a hard pass on 6.
Old July 12th, 2020, 04:56 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quick Look

First pass, 2,13, and 20 seem the strongest in that meta but I might want to do a bit more analysis before I lock those in.

~Dysole, who if there was a gorillanator army present would really like that among those armies
Old July 13th, 2020, 09:12 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I agree with 2, 13 and 20 all being good. I think number 9 is also pretty good. WWL is going to be tough to bring down in this meta.
Old July 13th, 2020, 07:46 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Brandis and Brutes? I'll take 17 all day.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 20th, 2020, 06:31 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

No Isamu is a bummer! :P

I'd go with #1, 3,4,5 7, and 8!

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old July 20th, 2020, 08:49 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

The tournament is going to be on Friday the 31st. You have until that morning (8am) to get your votes in. We'll be podcasting that evening about the results (at least that's the current plan). The maps will be:

Entangled by Dignan
Fulcrum by Dignan
Hide and Seek by Gamebear
Common Ground by Gamebear
Belly of the Beast by Sir Heroscape
Dungeon Run by Sir Heroscape

Keep the votes coming!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 21st, 2020, 12:31 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd say 2 is the strongest, with 9, 17, and 20 following closely.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I agree with Flash." ~superfrog

Old July 21st, 2020, 12:47 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
I’ll take 13 in a mixed-skill environment. I don’t think it’s the strongest army, but it’s pretty forgiving. 2 is an honorable mention for the same reason, but I’m not voting for Stingers.

Last edited by Dysole; July 31st, 2020 at 11:24 PM. Reason: It's Magic Y'Know....
Old July 23rd, 2020, 09:44 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We ran this format at my place for 4 games going through 8 of the armies between the two of us. Of the armies we played 12 and 9 won by the biggest margins by far, though 20 and 2 are looking pretty beastly as well.

Last edited by Ulysses; July 24th, 2020 at 01:37 AM.
Old July 31st, 2020, 11:03 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

https://castersofvalhalla.wixsite.co...kencon-wrap-up

Join Mike, Ken, and KenCon Champ Jeter (Lonewolf) as we run down the results of the KenCon HeroScape tourney and our thoughts on the format.

Also, be sure to check out https://www.twitch.tv/filthe for streams of the Online HeroScape tourney! We've already committed three or four games, and the videos are still up!

Last edited by OEAO; July 31st, 2020 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Thanks admin!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion