Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old March 13th, 2020, 11:59 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Utah Monthlies 2020

We have a PSA for this next Monthly. We can't ignore the elephant in the room that is the current Coronavirus pandemic. There are a lot of safety measure being put in place, and it's entirely possible that they may affect our own gathering. I don't expect it to -- our tournaments are rather small compared to the gatherings that are being limited -- but with so many operations being shut down we're definitely talking about what might need to happen. We hope nothing needs to change -- I'd love for the Monthly to be a nice bright point in this hectic month -- but we also need to recognize reality. So, in the interest of transparency for us all, here's where we're at:

Right now, we're planning on proceeding as planned. I'm going to wait a week and then contact Game Haven about the tournament. Hopefully by then they'll have had time to figure out their stance on gatherings in the store and they'll be able to let us know if we're still good. Based on our experience with them in the past, I fully expect them to allow us to play -- they've always supported our group and I don't see them limiting a gathering averaging around 20 people.

If we can't play at Game Haven, there is already discussion taking place on finding a different venue to play at. We'll release more details on that as soon as things become more concrete. (And if you have connections to another venue, such as a local church's cultural hall, please let us know!)

With that, we organizers have been discussing, and we do plan on having hand sanitizer/some kind of disinfecting wipes available at game day. Even with small numbers, we get really close to each other and touch a lot of the same stuff, so we want to keep from spreading anything as much as possible. So please, even if you're not feeling sick on game day, be sure to keep your hands clean because there's a lot of traffic in the store outside of our group.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, we'd like to request that anyone feeling under the weather on game day please take one for the team and just skip this month. We love you all, and we don't want to be spreading anything unnecessarily -- to each other, or to others who are more susceptible to the disease. Even if you don't think it's that bad, you won't be doing anyone any favors by spreading even the smallest sickness at this point in time.

Thanks all! You're the best Heroscape community plasticrack can buy!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 14th, 2020, 12:26 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Prizes will be toilet paper and bottled water. There is only one of each. Players will have to fist fight and/or roll a D20 to see who gets to win. only kidding. Stay safe out there everyone. There are lots of crazies out there.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 16th, 2020, 01:20 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Right now, we're planning on proceeding as planned. I'm going to wait a week and then contact Game Haven about the tournament. Hopefully by then they'll have had time to figure out their stance on gatherings in the store and they'll be able to let us know if we're still good.
The store is planning on a boardgame pre-release event the following Saturday, for approximately a dozen games a month ahead of release. We're good at this point, I think.

(can't add links for some reason, so I put in a couple spaces)

https: //www.facebook.com/events/631152944285999/

Last edited by UtahScott; March 16th, 2020 at 12:44 PM.
Old March 16th, 2020, 09:48 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Right now, we're planning on proceeding as planned. I'm going to wait a week and then contact Game Haven about the tournament. Hopefully by then they'll have had time to figure out their stance on gatherings in the store and they'll be able to let us know if we're still good.
The store is planning on a boardgame pre-release event the following Saturday, for approximately a dozen games a month ahead of release. We're good at this point, I think.
Sweet, that's great news to hear! Thanks!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 18th, 2020, 09:54 AM

Hey folks, cruising the Heroscape Monthly thread probably isn't a priority right now, but if you stop by today please let us know if you're okay after that earthquake. I'm far enough away that I didn't feel anything, but that means I'm watching from afar and worried and hoping that all you guys out there are doing fine.

10 Points Under Videos

Old March 18th, 2020, 12:53 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

I remember a 4.2 back in the late '80s. That was fine.

This one was jarring, jumpy, not fun. Several aftershocks after, including a smaller separate quake about an hour afterward. Opened several drawers in my house.

Power didn't go out in my neighborhood, though, that's good. Some teachers' power did go out, no online school for the twins, that's bad.
Old March 18th, 2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
I remember a 4.2 back in the late '80s. That was fine.

This one was jarring, jumpy, not fun. Several aftershocks after, including a smaller separate quake about an hour afterward. Opened several drawers in my house.

Power didn't go out in my neighborhood, though, that's good. Some teachers' power did go out, no online school for the twins, that's bad.
Sounds like a scary way to wake up this morning for most people. Sounds like there were no injuries, so that's good news, though I know there was a good amount of property damage. I know several things in my sister's house got broken.

10 Points Under Videos

Old March 18th, 2020, 07:52 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

We felt it up here in Logan and at my place in Preston. No damage that we can tell though.

Old March 18th, 2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
We felt it up here in Logan and at my place in Preston. No damage that we can tell though.
Holy cow, that's a heck of a distance.

10 Points Under Videos

Old March 18th, 2020, 09:06 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Holy cow, that's a heck of a distance.
Its just another reason for people to go out and buy all the toilet paper. A lot of people must have the crap scared out of them.

Old March 19th, 2020, 10:27 AM

THE MARCH MONTHLY HAS BEEN CANCELED

Hello friends! With the progression of events with COVID-19 and the restrictions on public gatherings, we organizers have gone with the unfortunate, yet important, decision of officially cancelling the Monthly gathering for March.

I'm sure you all know the reasons behind this, but I'll post them anyway for the sake of completeness. There have been increased restrictions on gathering in groups of more than 10 people, and even restaurants have been required to close their lobbies and only do curbside orders in order to keep gatherings of people down. We think it would be a lack of due diligence if we hosted an event, be it at Game Haven or at a private location, and so have decided to do our part in helping to stop the spread. It's not the happiest decision ever, but it's a necessary one.

Unless these restrictions continue, we do still plan on having a Scraps tournament in April. And if we can't in April, then in May, or whenever things settle down. We look forward to gaming with you all again in person as soon as we can, and we've had a lot of great community contributions for our Scraps map pool that we're excited to use!

If you're going through Heroscape withdrawals, play something with a group of friends, or try playing online! Many of us play online and would love to get games in with any of you!

Thanks for sticking with us during this crazy year, and stay safe (and clean) out there!

10 Points Under Videos

Old March 19th, 2020, 10:48 AM

It's been a long time for me, but what about a virtual tourney? Of course, any new maps would need to be uploaded...are there any Scraps-friendly Virtual maps already uploaded?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events