Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 14th, 2020, 05:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of The Riddler (II)

The Book of Riddler (II)

C3G DC WAVE 33
BATMAN FOREVER

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hypertime set.
Its model number and name are #043-045 / Riddler.
Its model number and name are #135 / Eddie Nashton.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman: Alpha set.
Its model number and name are #16 / Riddler.

Character Bio – “Riddle me this … riddle me that … who and when will someone go splat?”

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Splash; August 1st, 2022 at 07:48 PM. Reason: png

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Riddler (II) - Breathing Period

NAME = THE RIDDLER
SECRET IDENTITY = EDWARD NASHTON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MISFIT
PERSONALITY = INSANE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 160

PERILOUS PUZZLE

At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero and a number between 3 and 7 to be the Answer. Secretly write down the Answer. At the end of round X, even if Riddler is destroyed, you must reveal the Answer and roll X unblockable attack dice against the chosen Hero, where X is equal to the chosen number.

DROPPING HINTS
When a figure you control would be destroyed by an enemy Unique Hero's adjacent attack, that opponent may choose not to place any wounds and instead choose a Unique Hero they control and a number between 3 and 7 to be their Guess. If their Guess is the same as the Answer, you must reveal the Answer and immediately remove it from the game.

GENIUS ESCAPE
When the Riddler rolls defense dice against an opponent's normal attack:
• if at least 2 shields are rolled, the Riddler takes no damage and may immediately move up to 2 spaces. He will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
• if at least 2 skulls were rolled and the attacking figure is within 5 clear sight spaces of the Riddler, it receives one wound.
You may choose which effect to use first.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; July 4th, 2020 at 07:13 PM.

Mini Picture
[IMG] [/IMG]

Comic Picture

Background
[IMG][/IMG]

Old March 14th, 2020, 06:19 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like the changes made from the last chance thread. Dropping hints is simplified and looks like a lot of fun. You'll really want to engage him before attacking him.

Should it only grant the bonus for unique/event heroes engaged with Riddler?
Old March 14th, 2020, 06:22 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'm excited for this design! Looks like a ton of fun.
Old March 14th, 2020, 06:22 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Keep in mind that your opponent will want to Overkill Joker to try and get as many chances of matching the slip as possible.
Old March 14th, 2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I like the changes made from the last chance thread. Dropping hints is simplified and looks like a lot of fun. You'll really want to engage him before attacking him.

Should it only grant the bonus for unique/event heroes engaged with Riddler?
Good call! Squaddies countering him would feel unthematic. I think I will go Unique, though. Most Event Heroes have Life to spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Keep in mind that your opponent will want to Overkill Joker to try and get as many chances of matching the slip as possible.
True. Will probably need to FAQ that. I will probably allow it, though, because I’m not worried he will be too weak.

Old March 14th, 2020, 06:36 PM

Shoot, meant to change the Class and Personality to match 1.0 (for future Quiz and Query).

Any thoughts on cost?

Old March 14th, 2020, 06:54 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

FWIW, I don't see why Query and Echo (or Quiz and Query, I forget which one is their official comic name) couldn't just key in on Edward Nashton.

My worry is that his primary strategy will be to hide as far back in your SZ as possible and just try to avoid getting hit completely until the power triggers. If that ends up feeling bad, maybe we could limit it so he has to be within 10 spaces of the chosen figure to use the power?
Old March 14th, 2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
FWIW, I don't see why Query and Echo (or Quiz and Query, I forget which one is their official comic name) couldn't just key in on Edward Nashton.

My worry is that his primary strategy will be to hide as far back in your SZ as possible and just try to avoid getting hit completely until the power triggers. If that ends up feeling bad, maybe we could limit it so he has to be within 10 spaces of the chosen figure to use the power?
The power should work even after he dies, though. Fwiw, I think that probably will be his strategy and it's one time where turtling kind of makes thematic sense. I don't think he should really be a man of action anyway, and if this is a design you never really want to put an Order Marker on or activate, I think that's kind of OK?

Like I think the point of playing him is really all about the one choice you make, the risk reward of it, and trying to protect him long enough to pay it off. But if you invest too many resources into doing that, it might prevent you from being competitive otherwise, and it might not really pay off in the long run. Like how many points do you really want to pour into getting an average of three auto-wounds at the end of Round 6?

Riddler's not really a combatant. Not primarily. Yet he has a huge effect on how his opponents act and sends them scrambling. That's the feel I'm going for here.

Edit: and on the Nashton front, kind of wondering if we should go Nigma here?

Old March 14th, 2020, 07:25 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I mean, it'd be a bit weird to have the two Riddlers be playable at the same time, so I'm assuming we'd also update Riddler I.

My concern about the SZ sit-around isn't about him being a man of action, it's more just that I worry it'll make him too hard to get to without considerable effort, especially on bigger maps. I mean even with a game-changing figure like Oracle, I often don't find myself taking her out until the last few rounds, just cause she's often so hard to get to. If I'm the opponent, devote all my resources to getting to Riddler on time, and then still kill him without solving the riddle, I'm going to be a little salty.

I figure playtesting will prove if that's how it feels or not, just wanted to mention a suggestion right off the bat. (Heh, Bat.)
Old March 14th, 2020, 08:42 PM

It's a valid concern. I'm thinking of shifting to rounds 3-7 (now that some corners have assured me that the top end isn't as powerful as I feared) to give you three full rounds to "question" him if he decides to pop off early. If you don't manage to get him in that time, oh well, the upside isn't that powerful, IMO. I do think that's enough room for people to have a reasonable chance, though.

Also, per Soundwarp's anti-cheese squad suggestions, I'm going to toggle Dropping Hints to make sure he drops hints even if people destroy their own Riddler.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library