Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old April 14th, 2019, 01:42 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep

The 5 defense won't help them against Chompy or the Dragon Queen, and with only three per squad @ 80 points, they could die off pretty fast. Every time I try to build a dwarves-themed army with these guys, I always end up using the Axegrinders instead - 4 @ 70 AND bonding just works out a better value.

Of course, if I weren't going for a themed army, they might work better. Or in a non-drafting build, I suppose.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old April 15th, 2019, 10:37 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

They aren't as good as the Axegrinders, but that's on purpose; the Axegrinders are a versatile, A-ranked squad. With that said, Raelin-backed Shieldsmiths are a meaty, meaty screen that can really hit back.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 17th, 2019, 07:17 AM

ThugMisting is surprisingly tart

For their steadfast power, it says they can't be moved. Can they be locked down though with powers such as Gladiatron's Cyberclaw?
Old June 17th, 2019, 09:18 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Cyberclaw can’t move them, can it?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 17th, 2019, 02:35 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugMisting View Post
For their steadfast power, it says they can't be moved. Can they be locked down though with powers such as Gladiatron's Cyberclaw?
Sounds to me like they can be locked down. Steadfast prevents them from being moved, but it does not prevent them from being prevented from moving.
Old June 18th, 2019, 01:09 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Basically Steadfast prevents an opponent from moving them. Cyberclaw prevents *anyone* from moving them.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 19th, 2019, 06:45 AM

ThugMisting is surprisingly tart

Ah, that's a shame.
Old February 9th, 2020, 07:39 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been playing a 1000pt Dwarf army with Mok and I'm having a hard time finding a place for this squad. The Axegrinders with bonding make it hard to justify taking these guys over them.

Originally I had planned on using them for gunners for Mok but since you only have 3 figures per 80 point squad that seems like a waste especially since they seem to be more powerful on the ground than as a gunner.

I think they fit better in non-Dwarf armies and as pointed out earlier, paired with someone like Raelin.

Interesting squad nonetheless. I'll have to try them in different builds and in different maps and scenarios.
Old February 9th, 2020, 11:16 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
I've been playing a 1000pt Dwarf army with Mok and I'm having a hard time finding a place for this squad. The Axegrinders with bonding make it hard to justify taking these guys over them.

Originally I had planned on using them for gunners for Mok but since you only have 3 figures per 80 point squad that seems like a waste especially since they seem to be more powerful on the ground than as a gunner.

I think they fit better in non-Dwarf armies and as pointed out earlier, paired with someone like Raelin.

Interesting squad nonetheless. I'll have to try them in different builds and in different maps and scenarios.
I think it's more that, this squad doesn't care whether you have any Dwarf Heros. Where as the Axegrinders and the Heros need each other. Axegrinders with 6 move are neat, but a 5th attack per turn is better 4 out of 5 turns. The Sheildsmiths on the other hand don't care who's with them, because they can take anything. 4 Attack, 5 Defense, is crazy good. They make up for the 2 less attacks, by having Attack and Defense stats so high that it doesn't matter. The one thing they can't make up for, is board control. 5 figures moving per turn will just always have a greater flexibility than 3. If you are running 1000 point Dwarf armies, I think the Shieldsmiths can fit in, but they only fit in at the point where you've lost your dwarf heros. The Axegrinders will serve you better until you can't bond them with someone anymore. At that point, the Shieldsmiths will have their time to shine.
Old February 9th, 2020, 11:48 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post

I think it's more that, this squad doesn't care whether you have any Dwarf Heros. Where as the Axegrinders and the Heros need each other. Axegrinders with 6 move are neat, but a 5th attack per turn is better 4 out of 5 turns. The Sheildsmiths on the other hand don't care who's with them, because they can take anything. 4 Attack, 5 Defense, is crazy good. They make up for the 2 less attacks, by having Attack and Defense stats so high that it doesn't matter. The one thing they can't make up for, is board control. 5 figures moving per turn will just always have a greater flexibility than 3. If you are running 1000 point Dwarf armies, I think the Shieldsmiths can fit in, but they only fit in at the point where you've lost your dwarf heros. The Axegrinders will serve you better until you can't bond them with someone anymore. At that point, the Shieldsmiths will have their time to shine.
Very good points. I've started to treat them as endgame units. Once my opponent has been withered down, they come out to stand their ground. Usually by then squads with bonding have lost too many figures to attack multiple times.

You're absolutely right about board control and I think thats why early on its hard justify them moving out first.

Thanks for the perspective!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs