Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old October 17th, 2019, 02:57 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Official Site Question Dump

Well as long as this thread is seeing some action, I might as well throw my hat into the ring.

I've had a weird bug for probably at least a year now, if not longer. When I type posts, I hit the enter key twice to start a new paragraph. I like the extra line. But for the longest time now, when I hit post, there are two extra lines between paragraphs, for a total of three blank lines. You can see this in this very post.

I asked this question long ago, and someone suggested clearing the cache, which I have done several times since then, but that's never changed anything.

The extra lines aren't particularly in the way of anything, but they are annoying to deal with. Here are the details I've observed:

• This all began after I used a bulleted list once. Before the bulleted list, everything was fine. After the list, text had two extra spaces, and it's been that way ever since. I could probably find the exact post again after an hour or two of searching.
  • When typing, the post looks perfectly fine and normal. The extra spaces only appear when I hit post, or when I turn off the WYSIWYG editor (at which point I can backspace them out).
  • This bug happens everywhere, including when creating threads, blogs, and PMs. The only place it does not happen is on comments on blogs. I can also turn off the WYSIWYG editor on anything and type normally, and the extra spaces do not come through.
  • There has never been any weird code or anything I've sense which could cause this.
  • As I said, clearing the cache does nothing.
  • This bug is only on HSers.
  • This bug is only on Firefox. Chrome does not have this issue.
I realize probably the first thing anyone is going to say is: move to Chrome. That won't work. I can't read HSers on Chrome, because the text is too thin, and the WYSIWYG editor does not exist for some reason. It also has some other problems.

(I realize that the fact it works on chrome and that chrome doesn't have the WYSIWYG editor, and that blog comments are the only thing on HSers also without the editor, probably indicate that the problem is with the WYSIWYG editor. I just don't know what to do about it.)

Does anyone know why this has been happening? And if there's anything I can do about it?

~TGRF.

Last edited by TGRF; October 17th, 2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: The extra spaces... it's sickening...
Old October 17th, 2019, 03:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Don't know why it happens, but it happens to me as well. I also know a few others mentioned it on the C3G section way back when it first started happening, like a year and half ago or more. It did seem to stop for a while, maybe 2 months or so I didn't see it happening, but then it started up again. I just find myself editing most of my post immediately after posting them to delete the extra spaces between paragraphs.
Old October 17th, 2019, 05:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Also, if anyone has a "list" of perks that you get from being a site supporter that would greatly help my decision.
I swear I thought there was a list somewhere, but I can't find it now. If anyone knows where that is, please speak up.
I found it! It wasn't a forum post at all, but rather a Codex article; that explains why my search-fu was failing me.

Contributors and Supporters
Very Cool, thanks for putting in the extra time to track it down for me. I'll give it a read.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 17th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I also faced this issue a few posts ago.

...but I realized it when clicking "Preview Post", before submiting the reply.
Doing this, the extra lines appear in the WYSIWYG editor and I was able to get rid of them. Post submission after that seems to work without any extra line between paragraphs..!

...trying it with this post.
Yup, could fix them without re-edition after posting.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old October 17th, 2019, 09:49 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Edit, for some reason I didn't see any posts after this one so I missed that it was answered already.

Quote:
I had question about site supporter image or file uploads. Ive been on the fence for for a bit to pay to be a supporter as Id do the bigger pledge. Question is: can you upload pictures to here straight from your phone? Similar to facebook? Also, if anyone has a "list" of perks that you get from being a site supporter that would greatly help my decision. There are quite a few fun things Id like to share but need a more convenient way to post things.
Yep, you can upload your photos directly from your phone. Very similar to Facebook. So far that's the only perk I know of at the moment. I think you can also rep people but I'm not sure if you can do that without being a site supporter.

I just bought the lifetime support to support the site since I use it so much and probably burn a lot of bandwidth downloading all the things I do.
Old October 17th, 2019, 11:00 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Edit, for some reason I didn't see any posts after this one so I missed that it was answered already.

Quote:
I had question about site supporter image or file uploads. Ive been on the fence for for a bit to pay to be a supporter as Id do the bigger pledge. Question is: can you upload pictures to here straight from your phone? Similar to facebook? Also, if anyone has a "list" of perks that you get from being a site supporter that would greatly help my decision. There are quite a few fun things Id like to share but need a more convenient way to post things.
Yep, you can upload your photos directly from your phone. Very similar to Facebook. So far that's the only perk I know of at the moment. I think you can also rep people but I'm not sure if you can do that without being a site supporter.

I just bought the lifetime support to support the site since I use it so much and probably burn a lot of bandwidth downloading all the things I do.
Yeah. That would be the biggest perk for me is directly loading images from my phone. You can give positive rep without it. I'm still considering it. Though, it might be a minute because I've been blowing some serious hobby money lately and after said money spending have been out from work most of the week from pneumonia combined with strep throat. I could do it now, but the wife would probably kill me at this point.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 20th, 2019, 01:55 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
I've had a weird bug for probably at least a year now, if not longer. When I type posts, I hit the enter key twice to start a new paragraph. I like the extra line.
Well, it's not just an aesthetic thing: if you don't put the blank line, the paragraphs get smushed together. So you don't want that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
I realize probably the first thing anyone is going to say is: move to Chrome.
Nope. The first thing I'm going to say is, stop using WYSIWYG mode. I never use it, and I've never had this happen to me. Coincidence? I think not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old January 10th, 2020, 11:32 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I suddenly have stopped receiving emails from the forum for PM's and so forth. It's not going to my Spam folder. Any ideas?
Old January 10th, 2020, 11:38 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup. Mine stopped (again) as well. It's something @Xorlof tried to fix a couple times in the last few months. Fingers crossed it'll get addressed with a more permanent solution this time!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 12th, 2020, 07:52 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I suddenly have stopped receiving emails from the forum for PM's and so forth. It's not going to my Spam folder. Any ideas?
Email delivery has been up, and down, and up ... but mostly down. I believe @quozl might be working on it, but I think we also need some input from @Xorlof .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old January 12th, 2020, 09:05 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Email delivery has been up, and down, and up ... but mostly down. I believe @quozl might be working on it, but I think we also need some input from @Xorlof .
Needing input from Xorlof seems to be a recurring theme...

~TGRF.
Old January 13th, 2020, 10:31 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online