Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old October 13th, 2019, 10:56 AM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart
Advice on getting newer Heroclix Figures off their bases

Hi guys! I didn't know where to post this. So I thought I'd try here.
They have unfortunately started attaching Clix figures differently (like 5 years ago now I think) and they are no longer easy to pop off their bases.

Any advice? I've tried freezing them and popping them off. That's hasn't worked terribly well.

Any and all ides welcome.

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old October 13th, 2019, 01:44 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: Advice on getting newer Heroclix Figures off their bases

If you mean the little "crescent" I've tried a few different ways. Sometimes if you take the bottom base off and bend the more pliable top part, it'll loosen the glue. I've also put the base in a vice and gently tapped a chisel under the crescent with a hammer. A third option is taking heavy snips (like for cutting metal) and just cutting everything away, but that gets sloppy.
Old October 13th, 2019, 02:06 PM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
If you mean the little "crescent" I've tried a few different ways. Sometimes if you take the bottom base off and bend the more pliable top part, it'll loosen the glue. I've also put the base in a vice and gently tapped a chisel under the crescent with a hammer. A third option is taking heavy snips (like for cutting metal) and just cutting everything away, but that gets sloppy.
Thanks. I'll try that. I've got a ton of Clix and I'm in the process of preparing to move to a bigger house where I will have room to leave a table of Heroscape up. So I want to get involved in helping out with some of the CV3 and other custom stuff here on the site.

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old October 13th, 2019, 02:27 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Yep! Absolutely, good luck! I hope other people chime in with their tricks.
Old October 13th, 2019, 02:44 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

If you have a vice, put the base in that and it will hold them steady and safely to cut them off their base with an exacto blade.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 13th, 2019, 04:10 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I tend to use hot-water (from a kettle so around boiling), dip the figure in for a few seconds and then cut it of with an x-acto or swiss army knife. This way I can cut them off the little crescent shaped thing and just put them on the base with super glue.
Old October 13th, 2019, 04:20 PM

I usually just keep the crescent on. It makes the figure a smidge taller but I'd rather not mess up and cut off someone's foot.
Old February 29th, 2020, 04:18 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't know if this will help with the newer figures, but I had great luck using an X-Acto #18 blade when I was rebasing my old Mechwarrior clix.

Also, I found that wearing rubber fingertips (like the kind sold at office supply stores for flipping through pages or counting money) on the hand holding the figures saved me from many, many ghastly X-Acto cuts.

Old February 29th, 2020, 11:10 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice tip. Sliced my finger badly with my first Exacto.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General