Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 30th, 2019, 02:51 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Yes, they can be played around, and encourage both players to make more nuanced choices about when and where to engage. They are invisible until engaged, as which point everything can see the engaged hound. I originally designed it to have no hitzones (unless the attacking figure had wounds) kind of like how the Varja has no hitzones, but can still be attacked when adjacent.
I totally get this. But the way this plays out, it feels like, Thorian speed or something. The thing about an invisible demon dog that is so novel is that you don't know it's there until it's there! During a game of heroscape with these guys, both players would know where they are, which is not quite as novel. Obviously there are mechanical limitations with this; but as is the power gives me the feel of hounds that you can't shoot as opposed to hounds that you aren't aware of until you're in danger. Just some food for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It
I am open to suggestions for a different species than Hellhound, so long as still implies something like a demon dog. Maybe even something as simple as "Beast", but that feels a little too generic.
Maybe Demon?

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old July 30th, 2019, 09:58 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I dunno... being dogs they are different, but it seems like we have enough clear/translucent plastic figures in the game now. I would actually feel better if they were related to the Specters of Aldorn somehow. This just feels like dipping back into the same well.

I really like Veil. That's a useful power that fits well with the theme you're going for.

Drag is pretty monstrous. 5 move away? 8 on road. The start-engaged requirement certainly makes it harder to pull off. But dang, that's a long ways to drag a figure. Seems like more than it should be. I actually like the restriction about placing the dragged figure on a space you moved over. It takes care of nasty lava-dunking problems neatly.
Old July 30th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This theme cries out for being a Unique Squad, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 30th, 2019, 09:46 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I'm personally very resistant to any translucency. we have so much blob snot plastic in the game as it is. baring a large water construct or a tar monster it would be really hard to convince me we need more un painted figures

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 3rd, 2019, 08:58 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Balance: This human costs 205 points, not sure if that point value is right?

Playability: The powers are clear & understandable, I hope? Outlaw Attack Enhancement will enhance the attack of adjacent outlaw figure/s. His Outlaw Defense Enhancement will enhance the defense of adjacent outlaw figure/s. Dread, the Overboss is a boss to be feared.

Creativity: Dread, the Overboss has a devious personality, the Overboss class is new & it sounds good for a leader of outlaws. His Devious personality helps enhance his outlaws. The inspiration for the new Overboss came from Fallout 4 DLC and the devious personality enhances outlaws than having powers that enhance Dread.

Theme: I decided to use this miniature for this army card and he may be the first solo human hero that follows valkrill.

Accessibility: I have not search any other sites for this miniature yet, but I did check Troll & Toad.

DREAD, THE OVERBOSS

Fear the Boss 1/1
The figure used for this unit is Crossbones from Marvel Heroclix Set. The name and model number is Crossbones Secret Wars-Battleworld #004.
Old August 3rd, 2019, 09:03 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

*sigh* here we go again. How many more times? Nobody knows...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 4th, 2019, 07:04 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Seriously, should we just block this guy? I'm genuinely wondering if he's a very bored troll.
Whatever the case, he's certainly not interested in ever listening to anyone.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 4th, 2019, 11:49 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Seriously, should we just block this guy? I'm genuinely wondering if he's a very bored troll.
You do not now who this guy is. I am bored, not because of being a troll, a troll makes life miserable because they have no life! The case being that I do not know every about this site, I only been here for a year or so.
Old August 4th, 2019, 12:22 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Quote:
You do not now who this guy is. I am bored, not because of being a troll, a troll makes life miserable because they have no life! The case being that I do not know every about this site, I only been here for a year or so.
You refuse to listen to what people have been telling you. STOP dumping not serious customs in serious threads.

You are basically a troll.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 4th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Guys please chill. I'm typing up a lengthy PM about this situation, can I include some people on it?
Old August 4th, 2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You refuse to listen to what people have been telling you. STOP dumping not serious customs in serious threads.

You are basically a troll.
Sorry, I just wanted to help, you probably won't see the custom until the 24th or something. It helps elaborate things, instead of assuming you know everything, this being a troll which I have no knowledge of. I do not want to be a troll but I might accidentally become a troll because of reasons.
Old August 4th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Sorry, I just wanted to help, you probably won't see the custom until the 24th or something. It helps elaborate things, instead of assuming you know everything, this being a troll which I have no knowledge of. I do not want to be a troll but I might accidentally become a troll because of reasons.
I don't anybody really believes you're a true troll, H101.

The problem here is you posted a new version of a design that hadn't seen any comments or playtesting. I know people have commented on your Dread, The Overboss design, but nobody had even seen this version of the design with these special powers before you posted it in this thread. You also didn't do any playtesting with this version of the design with these special powers. Every time you change the powers on your design you basically need to start all over with playtests in order to find the right point value.

SoV people, I think it might be reasonable to impose a limit on how often H101 can post a design in this thread. Give him a tangible guideline (say 1 design every month or whatever) and that might help him struggle a bit less with the etiquette of this thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards