Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 24th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Glyph question! @BiggaBullfrog , @Sir Heroscape , @Leaf_It

I tallied up all the spots...only two of the 20 maps (ignoring Embattled Fen, no builder) specifically have treasure glyphs listed. Do you want me to split the pile, random half maps have all treasure glyphs, the other half all power glyphs?
Yeah... I wasn't as focused on Treasure vs Power glyph balance this time as I usually am (partially because the flags are kinda sorta treasure glyph-y, partially there's just not enough maps that encourage Treasure Glyphs in the world and I chose 20 maps -- another problem with that method).

Most of the maps I feel should keep the Power Glyphs when noted. Looking through them, the only two that I think would be solid with Treasure Glyphs instead of the listed power ones are It's a Tree and A Couple Puddles (the random glyphs -- keep Dagmar). Since both of those map makers are locals I'll just ask: @Sir Heroscape and @Leaf_It do you mind if we take some liberties with your maps this month for some glyph diversity?

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 24th, 2019, 01:40 PM

Dat_One_Boi is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Can someone/some people bring:

4 squads Havech Eradicators
Tul Bak Ra
Marcu Esenwein
Isamu
Van Nessing

Thanks
Old May 24th, 2019, 01:56 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:

I tallied up all the spots...only two of the 20 maps (ignoring Embattled Fen, no builder) specifically have treasure glyphs listed. Do you want me to split the pile, random half maps have all treasure glyphs, the other half all power glyphs?
Not sure I follow....but if you’re suggesting that some maps have Treasure Glyphs placed on the map instead of power Glyphs then I would be against that. Map builders are usually building maps with the effect power Glyphs will have on games and making them Treasure Glyphs will change how some maps are played. I say put Treasure Glyphs only on maps that have them specifically designed for them and the rest have the power Glyphs they were designed with.
@BiggaBullfrog , @Sir Heroscape , @Leaf_It
Ah, but that's the thing--VirtualScape does not include treasure glyphs--they were never added. There's a custom graphics "cheat" that will turn a symbol-side up glyph gold, but that's it, unless designers specifically mention it. Almost all maps say, "Two Random glyphs," which to me can include treasure glyphs. What say you, usual organizers?
Old May 24th, 2019, 02:07 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure I follow....but if you’re suggesting that some maps have Treasure Glyphs placed on the map instead of power Glyphs then I would be against that. Map builders are usually building maps with the effect power Glyphs will have on games and making them Treasure Glyphs will change how some maps are played. I say put Treasure Glyphs only on maps that have them specifically designed for them and the rest have the power Glyphs they were designed with.
Ah, but that's the thing--VirtualScape does not include treasure glyphs--they were never added. There's a custom graphics "cheat" that will turn a symbol-side up glyph gold, but that's it, unless designers specifically mention it. Almost all maps say, "Two Random glyphs," which to me can include treasure glyphs. What say you, usual organizers?
In my experience the “2 random Glyphs” is really referring to power Glyphs. Mapmakers will usually signify a T-glyph nowadays with a Brandar power side up glyph on a map. Power Glyphs are an important part of map design and balance and wouldn’t want to so easily trade them out. That said, yes Bigga I’d be fine with my map (It’s a Tree) having T-Glyphs. It’s a simple map where specifically for that design power Glyphs were more an afterthought than a focus. But a lot of the maps in the pool have power Glyphs to help balance the design.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 24th, 2019, 02:15 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In my experience the “2 random Glyphs” is really referring to power Glyphs. Mapmakers will usually signify a T-glyph nowadays with a Brandar power side up glyph on a map. Power Glyphs are an important part of map design and balance and wouldn’t want to so easily trade them out. That said, yes Bigga I’d be fine with my map (It’s a Tree) having T-Glyphs. It’s a simple map where specifically for that design power Glyphs were more an afterthought than a focus. But a lot of the maps in the pool have power Glyphs to help balance the design.
Forgot about the Brandar thing, it's been too long. I didn't remember that VS didn't even have treasure glyphs listed, though!

I'll add treasure glyphs to A Tree in the Center, but not A Couple Puddles--too much effort to get up there for the minor reward of a treasure glyph. That's five total spots for treasure glyphs, so...Scarab of Invulnerability is out.
Old May 24th, 2019, 03:42 PM

Starling_ Woo who?

Does someone have 2 squads of gladiatrons, 1 squad of blastatrons, and X17, that I could borrow for tomorrow?
Old May 24th, 2019, 04:29 PM

Starling_ Woo who?

Also, I can bring the Embattled Fen map.
Old May 24th, 2019, 07:03 PM

Dat_One_Boi is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starling_ View Post
Does someone have 2 squads of gladiatrons, 1 squad of blastatrons, and X17, that I could borrow for tomorrow?
I can probably bring the Blastatrons and X17.
Old May 24th, 2019, 07:36 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Get excited for tomorrow ya'll!!! 2 full boxes of unopened boosters and MORE ready for the prize table tomorrow!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 24th, 2019, 08:17 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Get excited for tomorrow ya'll!!! 2 full boxes of unopened boosters and MORE ready for the prize table tomorrow!

Holy cow. 2 full boxes of boosters?? That's so incredibly generous.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old May 24th, 2019, 09:09 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

That is insanely generous. We need to have this mysterious benefactor at one of our monthlies so we can honor him/her!
Old May 24th, 2019, 09:45 PM

Starling_ Woo who?

Hey @The Dewk , would by dad be able to borrow the Varja for tomorrow?
@Dat_One_Boi , I'm good on blastrons, it turns out I have more than I thought I did. Haha I don't ever use them. If someone can bring gladiatrons, I'd still love to borrow X17 though!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events