Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:10 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
The Book of Deadman

The Book of Deadman

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 20
FUTURE VISION

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Justice League set.
Its model number and name are #035 / Deadman.

Character Bio - Boston Brand was a well-known trapeze artist until his untimely death at the hands of the Hook, an initiate to the League of Assassins. Fortunately for Brand, his kindness in life gave him a new lease as a spirit thanks to the power of Rama Kushna, a Hindu deity. Now parading as Deadman, Boston Brand sought to find his killer. In recent times, he has been a core member of Justice League Dark alongside allies such as Zatanna, John Constantine, and Swamp Thing.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:43 PM. Reason: png
Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:12 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Deadman (Design Phase)

NAME = DEADMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = BOSTON BRAND

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VAGABOND
PERSONALITY = CURIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 165

INTANGIBILITY
Deadman can move through all figures, Fortress Walls, and obstacles, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Deadman cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight.

SPECTRAL POSSESSION 15
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Deadman, you may choose a Unique Hero adjacent to Deadman. Roll the the 20-sided die, adding 3 to your roll if the chosen Hero is friendly. If you roll 14 or lower, Deadman cannot move this turn. If you roll 15 or higher, possess that Hero by placing Deadman on its Army Card. Take control of the possessed Hero and its Army Card and remove any Order Markers on that card. While that Hero is possessed, instead of taking a turn with Deadman, you may take a turn a turn with the possessed Hero. At the end of the round or before the possessed Hero would be removed from the battlefield while Deadman is on its card, place Deadman on an empty space adjacent to the possessed Hero and return control of the Hero to the player who controlled it before it was possessed. Spectral Possession cannot be used to possess Androids, Constructs, Undead, or figures with the Mental Shield special power.

FLYING SYMBOL

Last edited by tcglkn; June 17th, 2021 at 03:56 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:15 PM

Welcome to Deadman, Incorporated. How may I help you?

This guy's been workshopped a fair bit, so I am happy with the direction, but there is room to grow if that is what is needed. The main thing that needs to happen is some serious wording help on Spectral Possession and making sure all of the intended mechanics are clear and non-breakable. I'm going to tag @Dysole @dok @Soundwarp SG-1 right off the bat to get your initial thoughts on the power.

Friendly reminder that Constantine can reroll D20s and Zatanna can change one die to a blank. This guy is intended to fit into the JLD faction.

Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:18 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Acrobat feels like an odd class to me - doesn't feel that needs to be represented by more than the Acrobatics power, same as with any other acrobatic figure. What other options would there be?
Otherwise, looking cool!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Acrobat feels like an odd class to me - doesn't feel that needs to be represented by more than the Acrobatics power, same as with any other acrobatic figure. What other options would there be?
Otherwise, looking cool!
Herald is established on Silver Surfer and could suit well here as another options, since Deadman's usual role is sort of omen-like appearances (especially in Brightest Day).

Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:24 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Otherwise, looking cool!
Herald is established on Silver Surfer and could suit well here as another options, since Deadman's usual role is sort of omen-like appearances (especially in Brightest Day).
That sounds better to me - conveys a little more theme as well, whereas Acrobat is telling me nothing about him that the third power isn't already, while that would.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:24 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Is Undead what we'd use to describe a spectral ghost? Lobster Johnson becomes an "Entity" in his ghost form

What's up with claymation?
Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:25 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Is Undead what we'd use to describe a spectral ghost? Lobster Johnson becomes an "Entity" in his ghost form
Honestly, that always felt off to me - I think that, if someone's dead but still active enough to play a part in the battle, Undead's the species you should go for.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:29 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

I guess I tend to think of Undead as being things like zombies, vampires, etc, that have a corporeal form, rather than spirits

Just figured it was worth pointing out the only precedent I can think of

What's up with claymation?
Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:32 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Dead To Rights

Here my take.

After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of moving, you may choose a Unique Hero adjacent to Deadman and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, place Deadman on that Unique Hero's card and while Deadman is on that Hero's card you control them.You control that Unique Hero while Deadman is on its card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Deadman, you may take a turn with that figure. At the end of the round or if the chosen figure is destroyed while Deadman is on its card, place Deadman on a space adjacent to the space currently or previously occupied by that figure.

I'm sure there's a better way but that's a first crack. The power is worse than purple man so I doubt it's broken.

~Dysole, noting all the various if then clauses are what make it complex
Old March 3rd, 2019, 08:08 PM

Re: Dead To Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Entity is certainly on the table. I have no preference between Undead and Entity, so looks like it's 1 to 1 on votes right now. I'd like to hear others' preferences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Here my take.

After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of moving, you may choose a Unique Hero adjacent to Deadman and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, place Deadman on that Unique Hero's card and while Deadman is on that Hero's card you control them.You control that Unique Hero while Deadman is on its card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Deadman, you may take a turn with that figure. At the end of the round or if the chosen figure is destroyed while Deadman is on its card, place Deadman on a space adjacent to the space currently or previously occupied by that figure.

I'm sure there's a better way but that's a first crack. The power is worse than purple man so I doubt it's broken.

~Dysole, noting all the various if then clauses are what make it complex
Thanks for the quick response! Glad to hear we aren't breaking any boundaries with this power.

Old March 3rd, 2019, 08:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

He should be affected by Nth Metal, so he should be Undead.

I'd love it if his class was JLA Marker friendly. I'm not sure if any of the current options fit him, though. If not, Herald seems thematic.

I like the write up. Just the wording needs polishing as you mentioned.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library