Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 15th, 2019, 04:05 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: What maps are you currently playing on?

I currently have two maps of my own design up: Calida and By Babylon's Rivers.

The last maps I've built other than those were Dry Season by @Killometer and Royal Gardens by @Flash_19 .
Old February 15th, 2019, 04:08 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I currently have two maps of my own design up: Calida and By Babylon's Rivers.

The last maps I've built other than those were Dry Season by @Killometer and Royal Gardens by @Flash_19 .
I meant to post on your thread - I really like the look of By Babylon's Rivers. I hope to give that map a go sometime real soon!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 18th, 2019, 12:53 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

The upstart Michigan Heroscape Group has been playing a ton of games on Sand Dune Oasis by @Sir_Heroscape. We've really enjoyed that one and are going to be using it in our tournament this weekend. I feel like it's maybe slightly biased towards range armies, but I'm probably being nitpicky (or outright wrong) there.

I've also been doing a bunch of play testing on Mountainside by @Cleon which is a map I really love and Bruanglayde Bridge by @Flash_19 which I also love. I've modded both of those slightly, but overall they are really fantastic IMO. Both of those will also be used in our tournament.

I'm still pretty new to Heroscape, but the terrain and mapmaking is definitely one of the things that make this game so amazing (there are so many things!).

I recently learned how to make custom cards, so maybe learning the map building software will be next on my list. I have a ton of respect for how thoughtful the map builders are and really enjoy looking at all the designs.
Old February 18th, 2019, 06:38 PM

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Tiamat - that's awesome that you're going to use Braunglayde Bridge! I'd love to know what you modded if you don't mind sharing. That map is on my list to make some tweaks to, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. We're running @Cleon 's map at the Utah tournament this week, so I'm excited to give that one a whirl.

Map making is so much fun, and definitely makes the game so much more enjoyable for me. You should try your hand at mapmaking!

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 18th, 2019, 07:49 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I love this idea for a thread! No idea why it hasn't come about yet.

I've been blazing through some maps on my list to try out (it's a long list -- I've barely made a dent), and in the past couple weeks have played around on Venom and Blackridge by @Flash_19 (both splendid maps but just a tad too narrow of pathing for 2v2's, which was a bummer), the newer version of Valledon Fortress by @antmarchingroves (had some crazy fun playtests on it and loved the fluidity), and Mountainside by @Cleon (very well put together map that defied expectations, which were already high).

Hoping to be able to keep trying out new maps, and maybe hopefully getting to start getting back to designing some of my own soon (so that I have more than three good maps in my own thread).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 18th, 2019, 08:28 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Yeah, this is a neat thread. Lately I've been playtesting a lot of maps for ARV...and right now I'm playing Forgotten Forest Road and working on my own custom maps as well. BUT, I recently found THIS thread by Gamebear and I wanted to build and play on every map immediately...such a great selection.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 18th, 2019, 10:19 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

@Flash_19 - I just loved the aesthetics of Braunglayde Bridge when I saw it. I was worried for tournament purposes that having a single hex bridge in the middle would be too much of a choke point though. I'm not sure if that's true or not. I know the serious map makers here have already figured out in general what works and what doesn't. Anyways, I followed my gut and basically just tried to lengthen the whole board by two hexes and turn the bridge into a 3 hex bridge. I tried to keep as much of the rest of it as close to the original as possible. Any other changes were just because I got sloppy. And I only own 4 trees right now so I couldn't replicate all the foliage. At the tournament I'll have access to more trees and will be able to add the missing ones back. Honestly, I greatly prefer your original design over this, but I think it will still be a good map for the tournament. Here are a couple of pics:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S7i...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y05...ew?usp=sharing
Old February 19th, 2019, 11:35 AM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
the newer version of Valledon Fortress by @antmarchingroves (had some crazy fun playtests on it and loved the fluidity)
Glad to hear you had some fun games on the newest version of Vallendon Fortress. Thanks for taking the time to playtest all these maps, Bigga!

Antmarchingroves'
Old February 19th, 2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
@Flash_19 - I just loved the aesthetics of Braunglayde Bridge when I saw it. I was worried for tournament purposes that having a single hex bridge in the middle would be too much of a choke point though. I'm not sure if that's true or not. I know the serious map makers here have already figured out in general what works and what doesn't. Anyways, I followed my gut and basically just tried to lengthen the whole board by two hexes and turn the bridge into a 3 hex bridge. I tried to keep as much of the rest of it as close to the original as possible. Any other changes were just because I got sloppy. And I only own 4 trees right now so I couldn't replicate all the foliage. At the tournament I'll have access to more trees and will be able to add the missing ones back. Honestly, I greatly prefer your original design over this, but I think it will still be a good map for the tournament. Here are a couple of pics:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S7i...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y05...ew?usp=sharing
Cool! Thanks for sharing that with me!

Old February 20th, 2019, 12:14 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Wow, that's very high praise. I now know what cartographer I'm making a map from next. Taking into account value and quality my top five in no particular order are Gamebear, Mad Wookie, Dignan, Typhoon2222 and Robber. I'd be impressed if someone broke into that echelon.
Flash definitely is up there. Also some other good ones worth mentioning:

-Panopticon
-tannergx
-LongHeroscaper
-Killometer
-Rednax
-Darkmage7a

I think R˙chean's also a great map maker but he doesn't make maps too frequently. But he does still make maps, to my knowledge (the ones I mentioned I doubt make maps anymore).
Rednax I think might still be making maps. His last update was last July, but my own thread hasn't been updated in just as long, not because I haven't done anything, I just haven't posted anything.
Thanks for the kind words all! I'm honored that people regard my maps so highly.

I haven't been doing much mapmaking of late. (Trying to focus on other pursuits like music). I've made some slight revisions to one of my latest maps "Bridge May Be Icy," but I won't be able to post them for a month or two, as I'm away from my computer that has virtualscape.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 12:13 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Bump! (it's that time of year...)

What's everyone enjoying playing on right now?
Old December 2nd, 2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Bump! (it's that time of year...)

What's everyone enjoying playing on right now?
Definitely time for a bump. I've mostly been selfishly playtesting my own, but aside from that, the most recent ones I've played were:

Morning Skirmish by @Cleon

Nottiss by @Nomad

Draugur by @mad_wookiee

They were fun maps! I had played Draugur before, but it was my first time on Morning Skirmish and Nottiss.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios