Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 14th, 2019, 04:36 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
What maps are you currently playing on?

The goal of this thread is to be in the same vein as What Board Game Are You Currently Playing? and other popular threads similer to it. A place for casual discussions on what maps you're playing on. I hope this thread can breath more life into the cartography community and encourage map makers.

I just built Mountainside by @Cleon . I'm hoping to get a game in tomorrow with @Major Q23 . I also have a trophy map I made called Ozymandias set up. It's probably my favorite map I've ever built(not that that's saying much). I need to get around to posting it on hear.
Old February 14th, 2019, 05:22 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What maps are you currently playing on?

I'm looking at trying this out:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=4203
By @Porkins It looks neat.

I love playing on this map:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=1987
By @1Mmirg Though I modify it slightly so that double spacers can use it more easily.

I'm currently playing on:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rJk...hN4NwmG3w/view
By @Flash which is a great map, that I'm enjoying.
Old February 14th, 2019, 08:07 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

City Park.by ZJ.
Old February 14th, 2019, 03:11 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Finally got my hands on a Dungeon set so I’ve been playing on a lot of those maps. Most recently my friend and I played on @Flash_19 ’s The Crypt
Old February 14th, 2019, 08:36 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
The goal of this thread is to be in the same vein as What Board Game Are You Currently Playing? and other popular threads similer to it. A place for casual discussions on what maps you're playing on. I hope this thread can breath more life into the cartography community and encourage map makers.

I just built Mountainside by @Cleon . I'm hoping to get a game in tomorrow with @Major Q23 . I also have a trophy map I made called Ozymandias set up. It's probably my favorite map I've ever built(not that that's saying much). I need to get around to posting it on hear.
Lemme know how it goes
Old February 15th, 2019, 02:56 AM

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Quote:

Lemme know how it goes
Of course man! We got one game in today, once I get some more I'll write my thoughts in detail in your thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
By @1Mmirg Though I modify it slightly so that double spacers can use it more easily.
I've always been interested in that map, but for some reason I've never actually built it.

I looked in your map thread regarding your modified version but didn't see anything. Do you have a post discussing your changes?

Quote:
I've never played on a @Flash_19 map, but I really need to. It seems to me that he could be one of the best of new wave of map makers.
Old February 15th, 2019, 03:11 AM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
I've always been interested in that map, but for some reason I've never actually built it.

I looked in your map thread regarding your modified version but didn't see anything. Do you have a post discussing your changes?
I didn't post about it anywhere other than the Utah Monthly thread back when I made it. And I didn't really say much about it in there either. Basically, I really like the idea of making a map that is competitively viable, but uses capped castle walls. The issues with any map that uses castle walls, even my modification of Flooded Temple, is that they will favor flying way more than usual, and that Ranged armies are already really good on any map, so giving them the chance to get a double height bonus is playing with some very hot fire. The particular issues that I wanted to solve with the original Flooded Temple v2, are that the top of the map is very bumpy, which makes it hard to place double spacers, and that the path up to the top lacked 2 hex, level ground, road pathing, which made it even harder for them to get to top. So my changes were aimed at making it easier for Double spaced figures to make it to the top of the map. I dream of the day where a competitive map using Castle walls will be balanced, and fun to play on with both, all melee, and all range, still accommodate double spacers.
Quote:
Quote:
I've never played on a @Flash_19 map, but I really need to. It seems to me that he could be one of the best of new wave of map makers.
@Flash is probably the best map maker I've seen just by the sheer number of quality, and fun maps he's pumped out over the last year alone. He's a beast. I love every map he's made, and I hope he doesn't stop any time soon.
Old February 15th, 2019, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't post about it anywhere other than the Utah Monthly thread back when I made it. And I didn't really say much about it in there either. Basically, I really like the idea of making a map that is competitively viable, but uses capped castle walls. The issues with any map that uses castle walls, even my modification of Flooded Temple, is that they will favor flying way more than usual, and that Ranged armies are already really good on any map, so giving them the chance to get a double height bonus is playing with some very hot fire. The particular issues that I wanted to solve with the original Flooded Temple v2, are that the top of the map is very bumpy, which makes it hard to place double spacers, and that the path up to the top lacked 2 hex, level ground, road pathing, which made it even harder for them to get to top. So my changes were aimed at making it easier for Double spaced figures to make it to the top of the map. I dream of the day where a competitive map using Castle walls will be balanced, and fun to play on with both, all melee, and all range, still accommodate double spacers.
Thanks for the insight, if I end up playing on it I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Flash is probably the best map maker I've seen just by the sheer number of quality, and fun maps he's pumped out over the last year alone. He's a beast. I love every map he's made, and I hope he doesn't stop any time soon.
Wow, that's very high praise. I now know what cartographer I'm making a map from next. Taking into account value and quality my top five in no particular order are Gamebear, Mad Wookie, Dignan, Typhoon2222 and Robber. I'd be impressed if someone broke into that echelon.
Old February 15th, 2019, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the insight, if I end up playing on it I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks. I'd love to see what others think of it. If you're just playing with single spaced figures, the original is about as balanced.
Quote:
Wow, that's very high praise. I now know what cartographer I'm making a map from next. Taking into account value and quality my top five in no particular order are Gamebear, Mad Wookie, Dignan, Typhoon2222 and Robber. I'd be impressed if someone broke into that echelon.
That's some mean competition, but I think he's up for it. Those guys are definitely worthy of your top spots. I guess I should put a disclaimer though, I am probably a little bit biased since I know the guy, and we play each other at the Utah Monthlies. I haven't had the chance to play all of Flash's maps, but the ones that I have played on, have all been top notch, and the ones I haven't look like they'll be just as good.
Old February 15th, 2019, 05:29 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Flash definitely is up there. Also some other good ones worth mentioning:

-Panopticon
-tannergx
-LongHeroscaper
-Killometer
-Rednax
-Darkmage7a

I think Rÿchean's also a great map maker but he doesn't make maps too frequently. But he does still make maps, to my knowledge (the ones I mentioned I doubt make maps anymore).
Old February 15th, 2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Quote:
Flash definitely is up there. Also some other good ones worth mentioning:

-Panopticon
-tannergx
-LongHeroscaper
-Killometer
-Rednax
-Darkmage7a

I think Rÿchean's also a great map maker but he doesn't make maps too frequently. But he does still make maps, to my knowledge (the ones I mentioned I doubt make maps anymore).
Rednax I think might still be making maps. His last update was last July, but my own thread hasn't been updated in just as long, not because I haven't done anything, I just haven't posted anything.
Old February 15th, 2019, 04:02 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You are very kind @Leaf_It ! I appreciate it very much. I do love making maps - so it's always great to hear that people are using them and enjoying them. Kind words like yours make it worth the effort that goes into them!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios