Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 14th, 2019, 01:08 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville, KY Events: Jan. 12

So played Varkaanan Wolf Pack again.
Quote:
Varkaanan Greyspears — 110 Unique
Varkaanan Quickblades — 100 Unique
Varkaanan Swiftfangs — 80 Unique
Bahadur — 120 Unique
Arktos— 95 Unique
I almost went undefeated except lost to @NecroBlade and his Death Knights x 4, Skull Demon x 2, and Azazel. In the 1st turn of a late round I thought I separated my last 2 figures of my last squad to Azazel couldn't get next to both - but he did and whirlwinded them both to death, costing me order markers 2 & 3, and ultimately it came down to one live Azazel to finish me off. Azazel resurrected once my game, and 1-3 times each other game he played. He is a lot better than I initially though as I did not realize Azazel can roll for rejected by Death both for Death Knights AND whoever they bond with - 2 times an order marker (~20% chance to return). 4 of his five games came down to one life and he lost the other by a decent amount, so I guess Azazel just bumps up Death Knights (with Skull Demons) to decent tourney playable level.

My game against Sawyer (Stingers * 3 + Classic Esenweins & Rechets) was close but my other two games I also won by a lot, although not as much as last week in Dayton. Necroblade lost the last game to Chris (8th*5, Capt Varan, Drake v2, Raelin v2) (also by one life) so I won the tourney as the only 4-1. I guess the Wolves are a top tier army at least in my book. They are in one sense complicated to play (a lot of special powers and decisions on who to place order markers on and bond with) but in another sense easy to play, as you can both slow roll and attack hard, as if one or two of the squad dies, you have reinforcements already lined up when you can move 7/8 figures a turn. This makes it easier for me who knows I should slow roll most armies, but can't help but attack when I have the chance - so the Wolves are totally my play style - other armies fitting the similar style who I also like playing as are Marro Drones, Zombies, Granite Guardians, and Vipers.

@NecroBlade had a crazy idea for EVERY tournament this year to be 510 and anyone who goes 4 or 5 wins MUST bring the same army next tourney in order for us to develop our own countering metagame. I kinda like the idea in theory but I like variety in what I play as well. I think if we combined this with Take-2 or RtW it could be work as would make people bring counters but would not punish winners (IMHO) by forcing them to play the same army every game this year. Up to NecroBlade but Take-2 (only play an army you bring, not cut-the-cake) with me forced to bring my winning army is my vote for next time at least.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events