Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old June 1st, 2018, 03:19 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 2018 Gencon Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unrelated to current conversation but where does the map Common Ground come from? I do not recognize it from WoS, BOV or ARV. These are the only places I thought tourney maps existed. Thanks in advance.
Not sure what WoS and ARV are, but Common Ground is a pretty widely accepted Tourney map that's been used at least a couple other times at GC. Also, just because a map is BoV doesn't make it good (Ember Canyon Road, Turret Rocks, and many, many others).
From my understanding the maps under BoV have been tested to some sort of level and then agreed upon to be an acceptable tourney maps. Doesn't mean all of them are good, they are all different, they just have been tested.

So I guess I will rephrase my question. What other pretty widely accepted tourney maps are there that did not come out of any of the review boards I have mentioned.
You're correct on the premise that BoV maps have been tested, but many are horrible and should never be used, primarily in the earlier period of their judging.

I don't know if there is a definitive list yet of good tourney maps. I have a BoV map tier list out in the maps section. Maybe I'll start a thread where I'll cover great tourney maps this summer...
I've only ever hosted one event and never went to any others so the only information I have is really from the forums here. My list has no previous experience on any of these maps so I have no idea what's good and what's not, just what is.

Just thought it was interesting there was one I have never seen before; is there a thread on maps only used from GC? Or are GC exclusive maps from original HS scenarios. I'm just wondering where I can find a list so I can add them to my list. If its used at GC I has to be a good map.

Edit: Your BoV tier list sounds interesting, it could help me filter out the bad maps from my list, do you happen to know where I can find this?
In my signature now.

You could also check out previous GC event threads and check out the maps there. Once in a while a not-great map gets used, but they tend to be very good as a whole.
Old June 1st, 2018, 03:21 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unrelated to current conversation but where does the map Common Ground come from? I do not recognize it from WoS, BOV or ARV. These are the only places I thought tourney maps existed. Thanks in advance.
Not sure what WoS and ARV are, but Common Ground is a pretty widely accepted Tourney map that's been used at least a couple other times at GC. Also, just because a map is BoV doesn't make it good (Ember Canyon Road, Turret Rocks, and many, many others).
From my understanding the maps under BoV have been tested to some sort of level and then agreed upon to be an acceptable tourney maps. Doesn't mean all of them are good, they are all different, they just have been tested.

So I guess I will rephrase my question. What other pretty widely accepted tourney maps are there that did not come out of any of the review boards I have mentioned.
You're correct on the premise that BoV maps have been tested, but many are horrible and should never be used, primarily in the earlier period of their judging.

I don't know if there is a definitive list yet of good tourney maps. I have a BoV map tier list out in the maps section. Maybe I'll start a thread where I'll cover great tourney maps this summer...
I've only ever hosted one event and never went to any others so the only information I have is really from the forums here. My list has no previous experience on any of these maps so I have no idea what's good and what's not, just what is.

Just thought it was interesting there was one I have never seen before; is there a thread on maps only used from GC? Or are GC exclusive maps from original HS scenarios. I'm just wondering where I can find a list so I can add them to my list. If its used at GC I has to be a good map.

Edit: Your BoV tier list sounds interesting, it could help me filter out the bad maps from my list, do you happen to know where I can find this?
In my signature now.

You could also check out previous GC event threads and check out the maps there. Once in a while a not-great map gets used, but they tend to be very good as a whole.
Thank you so much!

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old June 7th, 2018, 04:41 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
In my signature now.

No idea why I keep all this information, but who can resist a good spreadsheet.

And because who doesn't love a good pivot table. Any map appearing more than once....

Old June 7th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Surprised Fossil has not been used more.
Cool chart!
Old June 7th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Yeah I was kinda hoping we’d get at least 1 ARV map into the lineup this year...but alas, looks like we’ll have to work harder at making a name for ourselves.

For those of you unaware, the ARV is the project that has - in a sense - taken up where the BoV left off...in that we playtest and provide the community with balanced maps for tournament play.

I imagine some people have to be tired of the “same old” maps (common ground...again?!) showing up in tourney pools, so we try our hardest to get the community involved and playtest and “pass” valid tourney maps, very similar to the way the BoV ran things.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 7th, 2018, 06:16 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Yeah I was kinda hoping we’d get at least 1 ARV map into the lineup this year...but alas, looks like we’ll have to work harder at making a name for ourselves.

For those of you unaware, the ARV is the project that has - in a sense - taken up where the BoV left off...in that we playtest and provide the community with balanced maps for tournament play.

I imagine some people have to be tired of the “same old” maps (common ground...again?!) showing up in tourney pools, so we try our hardest to get the community involved and playtest and “pass” valid tourney maps, very similar to the way the BoV ran things.
Often maps are chosen based on the limited terrain we have to use. Common Ground uses 1 RoTV which is very helpful.
Old June 10th, 2018, 07:36 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Is the glyph pool going to be posted in this thread or did I miss it in another? Thanks
Old June 10th, 2018, 09:10 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Is the glyph pool going to be posted in this thread or did I miss it in another? Thanks
It's been:
Unique Attack +1
Initiative +8
Wannok
Kelda
Move +2
D20 +1
since 2012. I doubt it'll change, it's a great glyph pool (although I'd like to see D20 +1 removed, the other five are excellent).
Old June 12th, 2018, 10:36 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

awesome, thanks for posting

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 14th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Finally getting around to sorting the terrain.

One question [MENTION=792]lonewolf[/MENTION]: How many of each maps will be be using?

(since we only have 4x TT, I know there will only be 2x the Draugar map which uses 2 TT).

For anyone curious, we have 4x TT, 4x VW, 12x TJ,16 RttFF (I've bagged up that many sets so far, there may be more if I dig through all the boxes and piece sets together). Over the years, pieces have "disappeared" - there are extra pieces from TT, TJ, and RttFF, but not complete sets.
Old July 14th, 2018, 12:51 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

I have a set of tundra that can be used if needed. I won't be able to be there in time for the set up but I can provide it.

~Dysole, trying to be helpful
Old July 14th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What pieces are you missing?

I could donate a few spare pieces to round out your sets. I will not be there in time to help too much this year but at least you would have them for the future.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con