Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 20th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Castiel is top notch with a couple really , really good episodes when he gets a chance to shine.

Charlie (Felicia Day) is amazing as well.

Ever watch Dark Angel with Jessica Alba? Jensen Ackles was really good in that one.
Old December 20th, 2017, 03:07 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Totally forgot about Felicia Days character. Yes they did a nice job with her too, a couple of really good scenes with here that really had a lot of emotion to them.

I’ve got both seasons of Dark Angel on dvd but have only watched the first one. I never noticed Ackles in it before. That show is on my list to rewatch one day when I get time.

- Raider30
Old December 20th, 2017, 04:20 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Since we've been discussing KnightFall, here's an interesting bit of trivia I just heard from the sixth of the eleven commentaries on Game of Thrones Season 7. The very narrow, long, and winding approach stairs to Dragon Stone castle (actually in northern Spain) was built in the 9th Century by--The Knights Templar!
Old December 20th, 2017, 07:41 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
Totally forgot about Felicia Days character. Yes they did a nice job with her too, a couple of really good scenes with here that really had a lot of emotion to them.

I’ve got both seasons of Dark Angel on dvd but have only watched the first one. I never noticed Ackles in it before. That show is on my list to rewatch one day when I get time.

- Raider30
He may not show up until season 2.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 26th, 2017, 02:23 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Netflix original Glow (Adult content). The show is set in the mid-80's and centers around the formation of the first woman's wrestling league (fake tv wrestling that is). Chances are, you are like me and upon hearing the premise for the first time are now thinking this doesn't sound like something you would be interested in. When I first heard about this show I kind of dismissed it as it didn't really fit into my wheel house of sci-fi/fantasy/crime drama/historical drama shows and I was never all that interested in the fake wrestling craze. Then a few friends mentioned they had watched it and that it was pretty good, so I put it on the back burner as a maybe watch someday. Well this weekend, I had a couple of hours to kill and wanted to watch something new to me but that was not a movie. I decided to give Glow a shot and see what the first episode or two were about. I ended up watching 4 episodes in that first setting (the episodes are closer to 30 minutes long), then came back to it later that night and watched the next 6. I'm really surprised at how much I enjoyed this show. Will certainly check out a season 2. So if you are looking for something to watch, give it a shot.

On a side note, I've realized that over the last 5 years or so Netflix has produced more scripted TV shows that I enjoy watching than any one network (including cable) has done. List of Netflix shows I have watched and mostly enjoyed: Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Punisher, Mindhunter, Narcos, Stranger Things, Glow, Peaky Blinders, Ozark, Travelers, Luke Cage (first half of the season), Iron Fist, Defenders, The Get Down, The AO (up until the last episode, which completely ruined the show and I won't watch again or more of now), Marco Polo (only so-so), House of Cards (first season was great, started losing interest in season 2 and quit watching in season 3). That is a better track record than NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, USA, FX, TNT, TBS, AMC, etc. have had in the last several years.
Old December 26th, 2017, 04:39 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Next to HBO, Netflix is my go-to for television shows. Their programming is good on average and they get very good actors to play the parts, which definitely increases my enjoyment. I've watched most of the same shows as YK, though not all, and a few different ones.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 27th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I just finished The Defenders last night. I'm not sure what I think of that final scene. I also thought some of the early lighting was a bit too much with the red, blue, yellow, and green character scenes. I think it would have been better if it was more subtle. Overall, I liked the miniseries.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

My daughters and I watched The Gifted tonight. Love this show!

We finally got my wife to watch iZombie with us. She really digs it, like we thought she would. Tonight we watched the 8th episode.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 13th, 2018, 02:00 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

been watching a lot of stranger things (finally got into it). Only have two episodes left to watch in season 2 though

any recommendations for new shows? preferably ones on netflix?
Old January 13th, 2018, 02:28 PM

The Tick on Hulu.

All the Marvel series are good on Netflix.
Watch them in the right order though.

Firefly if it is available..
Old January 13th, 2018, 03:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I guess it depends on what kind of shows you like to watch. Netflix has quite a few original series now that appeal to different demographics as well as non-original shows (reruns from networks). Put together a list of your top shows (all time and currently on tv) and I may be able to give you a recommendation. Out of the house today, so tomorrow.
Old January 13th, 2018, 03:39 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I have about 3 episodes left of Stranger Things season 2 and about 7 left of Punisher. Caught up on all the other Marvel Netflix shows. A few people have been talking about Orphan Black so we are thinking about that one as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV