Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old November 14th, 2017, 10:48 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.5) (New Glyph Cards)

Huh. Okay! Thank you!
Old December 7th, 2017, 04:57 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Couple questions:

With the Star Wars setup, I don't have the faded/misty lower legs part like I do with the Classic setup. Also the window is somehow wonky in the Star Wars setup. Why/how is it different from the normal one?

How can I change the colors, backgrounds, etc. to create a custom set?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 7th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Couple questions:

With the Star Wars setup, I don't have the faded/misty lower legs part like I do with the Classic setup. Also the window is somehow wonky in the Star Wars setup. Why/how is it different from the normal one?
I checked the version I have - which was used to create the Star Wars MSE files and it works OK. I had to go to click the "Style" tab and turn the Fog on.

Can you describe the "wonkiness" you are seeing, or post a pic of what is off?

Quote:
How can I change the colors, backgrounds, etc. to create a custom set?
Sure. If you are keeping the same factions, open the card blanks from the data folder in GIMP or Photoshop (or whatever editing program you are using), edit them, and save back over the files without changing the name. Next time you open any MSE card sets that use those blanks, the card images will be updated. If you are adding additional factions, it's a bit more complex. Once you've created the blanks, add them to the cardblanks folder. Then you will need to edit the style and game files so the program will recognize them and make them available to use. If that's the route you are going, let me know. I can point you in the right direction for the edits, if you aren't familiar with making changes to MSE.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old February 19th, 2018, 04:40 PM

Samaritan is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Here is an edited style file for the Shieldcrusher set that should allow for the name of the figure to appear in the automatic keywords instead of "this unit". To try it out, save a copy of your current style file as a .bak file or in another location. Save this attachment to the folder and remove the .txt extension.

Still doesn't work - all keywords still say "this unit".

Also, Aquilla's color on Shieldscrusher Cards is bizarrely orange, which is one of Einar's two colors. I realize that yellow wouldn't work, you wouldn't be able to read the white text, but her color really should be gold, which is actually closer to the color on her card and you would still be able to read the white text. Of course, this color issue probably originates with Shieldcrusher, rather then your add on. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
What I really want is SotM and RotV style High-Res (300 dpi) templates.

This

Heroscapification

Science and Religion are not at odds.
Science is simply to young to understand.

Last edited by Samaritan; February 19th, 2018 at 04:49 PM. Reason: second quote
Old March 18th, 2018, 05:10 PM

Nordic_Fatcheese is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

This is so helpful, I love MSE.
Old April 4th, 2018, 09:51 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

IS there any reason that the font would change by itself?
Old April 4th, 2018, 10:09 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
IS there any reason that the font would change by itself?
If the style file specifies the font to be used, there shouldn't be any reason I'm aware of that would cause it to change. If the program can't find the font on your system, I believe it has a default built in. Did you change PCs or run it on a different PC that might not have the same fonts installed?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old April 4th, 2018, 10:27 PM

I installed a couple fonts on my computer - could that have been it?

For reference, before and after.

Old April 4th, 2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
I installed a couple fonts on my computer - could that have been it?

For reference, before and after.

That sound possible. If you didn't have the font on your PC specified in the style file, it might have been defaulting to the "before" font. Open up the style file for the set type you are using and see if it calls for one of the fonts you just installed.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old April 5th, 2018, 06:28 PM

Oh, yes it does. I just installed Arial Narrow so I guess it defaulted to that. Now to just figure out what the font was before.

I don't mind overly that it's changed, I'm mostly just curious now.
Old August 28th, 2018, 11:04 PM

If I wanted to make the unit name entry box sliiiiightly bigger, what would I edit? The word "Gravediggers" is a smidge too long and the S gets shunted to the next line, but there's still space on the card for that S.
Old August 28th, 2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
If I wanted to make the unit name entry box sliiiiightly bigger, what would I edit? The word "Gravediggers" is a smidge too long and the S gets shunted to the next line, but there's still space on the card for that S.
In the Style file, look for "name". You'll want to edit the "width" entry and probably the "left" entry as well. To keep it centered, add an even amount to the width, then subtract half that amount from the left.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software