Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old October 15th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Leaf_It's Maps, and Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Simple and looks cool! I do have one MAJOR concern though. In the center of the map on each side of the central trees there is a 1-hex road choke point between the edge Jungle piece and glyph. This will be extremely easy for any ranged army to plug those spots with one figure while shooting over the top. I think if you found a way to open up the edges more and/or rework the center trees a little than this map would be great. But with those 1-hex choke points it really gives range an extreme advantage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Hi Leaf_It! I love the look and feel of this map. The idea of a road that has been partially buried over the years is really neat. I do have to echo Sir Heroscape's concern that the middle part of the map looks like it could be a bad chokepoint, though. Also, it seems like your current start zones don't accommodate the Marro Hive.
I Made the path wider. I somehow didn't notice that when I was uploading. It was 3am though so that might have clouded my perception.
Old October 15th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Also, it seems like your current start zones don't accommodate the Marro Hive.
Though technically I do have to agree with you here, I also think because the Marro hive uses a 6-hex swamp water tile, that it'd be just fine for a player to rest their hive on top of the swamp water that is currently in the startzone instead of on top of hex terrain.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 16th, 2017, 04:31 AM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Though technically I do have to agree with you here, I also think because the Marro hive uses a 6-hex swamp water tile, that it'd be just fine for a player to rest their hive on top of the swamp water that is currently in the startzone instead of on top of hex terrain.
This is what I was thinking. I was in hurry about to leave for work when I posted the updated map, so I forgot to mention it. Since water/swamp water are always considered to be the level below, setting the hive's base on top of the swamp water should be just fine.
Old October 16th, 2017, 04:45 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Quote:
This is what I was thinking. I was in hurry about to leave for work when I posted the updated map, so I forgot to mention it. Since water/swamp water are always considered to be the level below, setting the hive's base on top of the swamp water should be just fine.
Yeah, I understand that there are ways to make it work for casual play, but ultimately the rulebook has very clear rules about how to place the Hive. Maybe it's my obsessive nature, but something about the Hive not locking in to its six-hex swamp base just bothers me. Either that or I'm just a rules stickler.

But it is your map after all, so do what you want. Either way, it's still very cool and I'm excited to see how this new map contest turns out!
Old October 16th, 2017, 07:24 PM

Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I understand that there are ways to make it work for casual play, but ultimately the rulebook has very clear rules about how to place the Hive. Maybe it's my obsessive nature, but something about the Hive not locking in to its six-hex swamp base just bothers me. Either that or I'm just a rules stickler.

But it is your map after all, so do what you want. Either way, it's still very cool and I'm excited to see how this new map contest turns out!
To be fair the rulebook also says that Wall sections need to be topped with a wall walk tile and several tournament maps leave them uncapped
Old October 17th, 2017, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankyteemo View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

To be fair the rulebook also says that Wall sections need to be topped with a wall walk tile and several tournament maps leave them uncapped
Basically this. I did spend an hour trying to move stuff around to see if I could accommodate the Hive, but I didn't like what it did to the map, so I decided against it. If this is the one thing that holds it back from being tournament worthy, then I think that's a pretty dumb reason, but I'm fine with it.
Old October 22nd, 2017, 12:59 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just built A couple of puddles and I realized that your latest two contest entries as well as Couple of Puddles would fit on my 2'x4' tables...added bonus for me as it gives me more places to play.

I hope to get some games in tomorrow with CoP so I can't speak for play but for build. Easy build...even for me. One very minor quibble is that 24 hex rock pieces have a little wobble to them. It's the combination of the overhang and the empty space below them on the interior. Once the whole thing is together it's not as noticeable and it turns out to not be a problem but if seemed like it was going to be as I was building. Hope to get you more comments after some playing. Like the style of your maps.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 22nd, 2017, 01:11 AM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Lost Road Marsh

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=4705

I wanted to make a map with the Swarm of the Marro set, because I haven't really made a decent one yet.
I played some great games on Lost Road Marsh the other day! This map feels different from your average map in the way it plays, but it feels balanced. I didn't play a wide variety of armies, but this map is rather friendly towards melee units. Aesthetically pleasing as well. Also, I feel it does a good job dealing with Raelin. (No great vantage points for her.) I recommend this map.

H E R O S C A P E
Old October 22nd, 2017, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Just built A couple of puddles and I realized that your latest two contest entries as well as Couple of Puddles would fit on my 2'x4' tables...added bonus for me as it gives me more places to play.

I hope to get some games in tomorrow with CoP so I can't speak for play but for build. Easy build...even for me. One very minor quibble is that 24 hex rock pieces have a little wobble to them. It's the combination of the overhang and the empty space below them on the interior. Once the whole thing is together it's not as noticeable and it turns out to not be a problem but if seemed like it was going to be as I was building. Hope to get you more comments after some playing. Like the style of your maps.
Yeah, I try to avoid maps that are too large because they stunt the potential for melee armies. I also have a card table that I will build maps on sometimes if my friends are using the game room for something else, so having them fit on a smaller table is convenient. I'm glad you like the way I design my maps, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
I played some great games on Lost Road Marsh the other day! This map feels different from your average map in the way it plays, but it feels balanced. I didn't play a wide variety of armies, but this map is rather friendly towards melee units. Aesthetically pleasing as well. Also, I feel it does a good job dealing with Raelin. (No great vantage points for her.) I recommend this map.
Thank you. I definitely try to keep Raelin in mind when designing a map, so I'm glad she's not going to be too powerful on this one. I'm glad it feels balanced.
Old October 22nd, 2017, 02:03 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just finished a figure playtest for C3G on A couple of Puddles...really fun map. My son also says it was an enjoyable map. He liked it and asked to add it to our binder...which in our household is the official vote of approval.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 24th, 2017, 07:24 AM

I must ask this question to any other mappers who find themselves looking through here...

Why is it that I feel most inspired to create a map at 4am, when I should be asleep?

*He says at 5:25am*
Old October 25th, 2017, 05:19 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's when you're at your most creative...between REM and sunrise.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 25th, 2017 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Posting at 5:19 am

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios