Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 23rd, 2017, 11:54 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
@Hahma. I just got frostgrave folio, the lich, breeding pits, andone other manual off amazon. I had a card credit and got all 4 of those books for 38 bucks. They should be delivered before my 3 day weekend. Maybe ill get my brothers in on a frostgrave game then. Cant wait. Also your nickstarter page is sweet too. I almost bought a bunch of minis on there but realized I already have way more than needed already. They arent a bad deal though. Cool stuff.
In for a penny, in for a pound eh TREX? That's a good deal for sure on all those books. The other one you forgot was likely Forgotten Pacts, I believe it might be barbarian themed. Can't remember offhand, and I don't have it yet.
Yeah, I was forgetting forgotten pacts. Something about the name is not very memorable. I'll probably throw down for the newer one you told me about on the nickstarter as well. I'm debating the level 2 wizard buy in. That terrain is pretty sweet for how much the price tag is.
Wizard Level 2 isn't cheap, as it turned out to be around $38 with shipping, but it is what it is. I needed more scatter terrain anyway you fill in hear and there (though will also be getting some shipping crates as well 4ground when my buddy puts in a big order for us, as he has 10% off coupon). My buddy Chris ordered the level 3 wizard, with the Barbarian riding the rhino.

Whenever you order anything from England or other parts of Europe, the prices are higher until you log in with your address or whatever. When they see that you are from the U.S., the price goes down because we don't have the VAT many countries have.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 23rd, 2017, 02:32 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Hahma , what is that jungle looking book all about that is Frostgrave but Jungle themed? I noticed stuff like that when I was buying the other ones. I have already started building my grid less terrain and have some pretty neat pieces in the works already. I will be building some obelisks, crystals, and statues for additional scatter terrain today, if I be so lucky to play around in my shop. I have found some really great wizard type figures from Heroclix that are no more than 30 cents look beautiful with just paint. Of course I'll probably mod them as well with a bit of greenstuff. What do you think about figures with guns? I'm thinking they could easily just use the crossbowmans or marksmans stats. I have a many pirate minis that could come to the party that way. The ones with just swords are definitely going to be treasure hunters.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 23rd, 2017, 03:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
@Hahma , what is that jungle looking book all about that is Frostgrave but Jungle themed? I noticed stuff like that when I was buying the other ones. I have already started building my grid less terrain and have some pretty neat pieces in the works already. I will be building some obelisks, crystals, and statues for additional scatter terrain today, if I be so lucky to play around in my shop. I have found some really great wizard type figures from Heroclix that are no more than 30 cents look beautiful with just paint. Of course I'll probably mod them as well with a bit of greenstuff. What do you think about figures with guns? I'm thinking they could easily just use the crossbowmans or marksmans stats. I have a many pirate minis that could come to the party that way. The ones with just swords are definitely going to be treasure hunters.
Here's a link to where the designer of Frostgrave discusses Ghost of Archipelago. It's not an expansion, but a new world setting, back story and Wizards aren't the main drivers, but rather supporting characters.
http://therenaissancetroll.blogspot....-2017.html?m=1

I expect it to use the same system as Frostgrave.

Here are the hero characters, the Heretors and Wardens

As for figures with guns, that's up to you and your opponents. The system allows for whatever minis you want to use, within reason I suppose. But as long as everyone knows what figures are supposed to represent what, then it's groovy. If you use more than one of the same mini in a warband, you should somehow mark them to distinguish them, because you'll need to be able to tell them apart for applying wounds and other changes to their stats and such on their character sheet area. There can be specific things that affect an individual warband member and you have to be able to know who is who, as does your opponent.

Last edited by Hahma; May 23rd, 2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old May 24th, 2017, 09:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

To everyone that frequents this thread for board gaming discussion, I apologize for hijacking the thread and spamming it with Frostgrave stuff, and other things such as pictures of stuff my buddy Chris has bought, painted or whatever.

I got carried away with my excitement for my tabletop minis obsession, and in my excitement to share stuff, I have overstepped and probably annoyed the heck out of a bunch of cool people here. Nobody said anything to me in this matter, but I had just come to realize that I've been a jackass and probably turned people away. For that, I am truly sorry.

So with that, I have created a separate thread in the Other Miniatures forum, where it truly belongs. Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis is where I will be posting this kind of stuff in the future. I will of course still post actual board game stuff here, or the more commercial of the minis games like Armada and the like here (on occasion), but all the other crap with what I built/painted/bought etc. for those other types of games will be restricted to that thread.

Old May 25th, 2017, 10:53 AM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
To everyone that frequents this thread for board gaming discussion, I apologize for hijacking the thread and spamming it with Frostgrave stuff, and other things such as pictures of stuff my buddy Chris has bought, painted or whatever.

I got carried away with my excitement for my tabletop minis obsession, and in my excitement to share stuff, I have overstepped and probably annoyed the heck out of a bunch of cool people here. Nobody said anything to me in this matter, but I had just come to realize that I've been a jackass and probably turned people away. For that, I am truly sorry.
I think you're being a bit too hard on yourself as I would hope no one thinks you are a jackass.

With that being said, I do appreciate the effort to bring this thread back around to what it was. Because I agree that over the past few weeks/months it does seem it has been a little bit like Hahma's miniature blog. I love your passion and enthusiasm for those projects, but agree that having them in another thread is the best solution. Thanks for taking that step!

Now to actually discuss some other games, what I've been playing recently:

A Feast for Odin

I'm still addicted to the solo mode on this one. I love playing multiplayer too but just struggle to find opponents at times. Overall this is my favorite solo game currently, having supplanted LotR LCG.

Can't Stop

The old Sid Sackson great push your luck dice game. I've been playing a bunch on Board Game Arena lately. I like this one for just quick gaming breaks before going to bed on my iPad. I really like how it is so simple yet there is a reasonable amount of strategic depth to this. I think I need to get a physical copy of this sometime soon.

Mysterium + Expansion

Getting the expansion for this has really brought the game some new life for our group. We've played the original enough that we had started to learn some connections between certain cards, so having a bunch of new cards really makes things interesting for us again. The set up and tear down remain my only real negatives for this game. I just wish that could be a lot faster. Ah well.

One Night Ultimate Werewolf

Our group has played this almost 100 times since getting it last gencon and we've been having plenty of fun with it. I still think I personally prefer Avalon/Resistance but the rest of them like ONUW better which is fine with me. I still like social deduction games quite a lot (hence why I played a lot of Curse of Ne Gok Sa on these forums) and ONUW is a good social deduction game. I'm hoping to participate in the One Night Ultimate tournament at gencon this year.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old May 25th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Tut, tut. I like looking at your Frostgrave stuff, @Hahma , and it excites my imagination about an unfamiliar gaming system. It's something you're playing, and you're sharing your passion for it, and you are doing so without bragging or making anyone feel left out. It's just sharing, and I welcome those posts.

And, as I recall, you've gotten about a zillion questions about it. So if you've gotten feedback that your posts about Frostgrave are not welcome, I'm sorry to hear it. I enjoy them.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 25th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Prickly Cactus

@Ranior

Yeah, that's why I made this decision. I don't want anyone to feel like their posts would get buried by mine, or the responses to mine. This isn't my thread to dominate, and that wasn't my intention.

@Dad_Scaper

I appreciate your comments. Nobody said anything negative to me about what I posted or the volume, but I sensed that it was getting too much for some people. Some might never said anything and just unsubscribe.

Yes, there was some interest and positive feedback, and that helped keep it more of a Frostgrave thread. So I figured that I really didn't want to unintentionally alienate people from this thread and it would be better to start a new thread where people seeing it would see it because they wanted to, as well as discuss anything related.

So if you want to keep seeing that kind of stuff, comment on that other thread to subscribe and then you'll get notifications whenever anything new shows up

Old May 26th, 2017, 11:40 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Last Wednesday after our regular monthly NYCG4 Scape game (see our group thread in General Discussion for details), I got to try two new games that other pals owned:

1. Assault of the Giants: Taeblewalker brought this 2-6 player, licensed from Hasbo/Wizards by another company as a "Dungeons and Dragons" design. Each player is a different tribe of giants from the D&D universe, fighting in human provinces and the giant home provinces for dominance. We're still learning the rules, but it sure is different and interesting.

2. Endure The Stars: This combination of Alien and Cthulhu proved fun, and the game was still in doubt when we had to call it, as it took longer than expected as a learning game. A SciFi Co-Op, it had our individual crew minis running around a spaceship gathering equipment and repairing the anti-gravity (I was the Engineer who had to do that) while avoiding scads of monsters! After achieving all of the victory conditions except exiting the board alive, two of the four of us were off, and the other two would have to take a much longer alternate route to the exit hex, but we well might have made it. Not normally my kind of game, but fun to try. Great team work resulted in a quite possible win. Thanks, guys!
Old May 26th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Took a half day off work today to kick off the weekend right, as well as picking up some bear and stuff for Sunday's BBQ. Also have some yard work to do before it rains.

One of my daughters stayed home sick from school today, so I asked if she felt up to a rematch game of Omen: A Reign of War, since she beat me the first game I taught her. She took me up on it and we just got done. She crushed me, 19-11. She has a real mind for games. She's 14 and keeps getting better and better at gaming.

Omen is one of the best 2 player games around. Definitely Small Box Games best game, followed by Hemloch: Midnight Edition.

Old May 26th, 2017, 02:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Took a half day off work today to kick off the weekend right, as well as picking up some bear and stuff for Sunday's BBQ. Also have some yard work to do before it rains.
BBQ bear on the grill! Grizzly, Polar, Brown, or Black? Just don't say Panda.
Old May 26th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Panda, panda, panda... (Desiigner reference?)
Old May 26th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Koala, it's a small get together

Actually, I meant beer, a case of Blue Moon variety pack with the Belgian White, Honey Wheat, White IPA and Mango Wheat.

I had just mentioned in another thread that I primed a bear mini that TREX sent me, so I must have had bear on the mind

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games