Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 5th, 2017, 01:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...of-the-empire/
Star Wars: Rebellion expansion announced. Won't say I didn't call just about the entirety of the contents...

Especially interested in the updated combat: a new die type and each player now controls their own tactics decks with specific ties to certain units. Didn't know it could get more cinematic. Still, I would've preferred it if it was a bit more streamlined, but I can live with it.
and I'll end up buying it.
Old May 5th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...of-the-empire/
Star Wars: Rebellion expansion announced. Won't say I didn't call just about the entirety of the contents...

Especially interested in the updated combat: a new die type and each player now controls their own tactics decks with specific ties to certain units. Didn't know it could get more cinematic. Still, I would've preferred it if it was a bit more streamlined, but I can live with it.
and I'll end up buying it.
I'll definitely hold out for awhile unfortunately as I've only managed to get base Rebellion to the table twice. Still have yet to even play with the advanced rules .
Old May 5th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Playing some Memoir 44. This game is pretty amazing.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 5th, 2017, 09:19 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
How many can play?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 5th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
How many can play?
Only 2 sadly, unless you want to truly dive in and do the Operation Overlord.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 5th, 2017, 11:04 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How many can play?
Only 2 sadly, unless you want to truly dive in and do the Operation Overlord.
Ahh ok, Thanks.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 6th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Got my 2nd female wizard done for Frostgrave. She is a Reaper mini in the Pathfinder line and her name is Seoni. She is a character in the Pathfinder Card Game, as well as the RPG. I just have to varnish her, which I'll do in a few minutes.

I'm having a couple buddies over tomorrow to play Frostgrave. It will be our first game of it, though my one friend Chris had taught it to a couple people at a game day event last Saturday.

So I'll likely likely have Seoni as my Wizardess and the other one I had finished a while ago can be her apprentice. I still have to decide if I want them to focus on Illusionist or Witch schools of magic. There are 10 schools, and when you start out, you get 3 of the 8 spells from your school, then 1 of each of the 3 aligned schools, then 1 spell from 2 of the 5 neutral schools, but none from the opposite school. For a total of 8 spells. Your school spells have no penalty to cast, but the aligned school spells have a +2 penalty and the neutral ones have +4 penalty. The apprentice adds +2 penalty to all spells they roll. Casting requirements are anywhere from needing to roll between an 8+ to 18+ before penalties.

Then I have to figure out which soldiers to bring in the warband, as I have 300 GP to spend and they cost anywhere from 20 to 100 gold each, but you can only have a total of 10 members in your warband, including the Wizard and apprentice.

Seoni - though I will likely give her a different name.

And here is the one I did first, she'll be the apprentice. This is an older picture, as her base is done similar to Seoni's.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 6th, 2017, 12:28 PM

They look awesome @Hahma

I will be curious to hear how your first game turns out. I had planned on getting into Frostgrave last year. I started collection items for terrain, the rulebook, etc. I never did try it, as my gaming partner quit playing games. I like the rules and mechanics of it. Let us know how it goes.

What are you using to hold your minis on the bottle?

Last edited by keglo; May 6th, 2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old May 6th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I think I need to sneak some of my unpainted figures into Hahma's house and see if he notices.

Great work on all those figures!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 6th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
They look awesome @Hahma

I will be curious to hear how your first game turns out. I had planned on getting into Frostgrave last year. I started collection items for terrain, the rulebook, etc. I never did try it, as my gaming partner quit playing games. I like the rules and mechanics of it. Let us know how it goes.
Thanks Keglo

That's too bad about your gaming partner. Perhaps you can find someone else in your area that would play. I'll post pictures of the table setup and let you know how it goes. While the neat thing about the game is being abe to use lots of types of minis, including ones people have laying around from other systems, you still need a lot of terrain to really make it work best, as ranged weapons have 24 inch range and lots of spells are line of sight. So collecting, building, making, painting etc a lot of terrain can be time consuming and costly. I have a decent amount, but my friend Chris has an incredible amountof terrain for all kinds of game systems. So he will be bringing some of his to help round out what we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I think I need to sneak some of my unpainted figures into Hahma's house and see if he notices.

Thanks Mac

The only problem with your idea, is that your unpainted figures may get lost amidst all of my unpainted figures I have a ton yet to paint for Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and Mercs Recon. Not to mention, I am tempted to get into another miniatures system, even though I have tons to paint and play with already. It's a sickness I think I am backing The Drowned Earth miniatures game on Kickstarter. That is totally something different than I have and looks so damn cool. The kickstarter campaign has maybe around 10 days left.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 6th, 2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I am backing The Drowned Earth miniatures game on Kickstarter. That is totally something different than I have and looks so damn cool. The kickstarter campaign has maybe around 10 days left.
I looked up The Drowned Earth after I saw you mention it in the other thread. I noticed that they have the beta rules posted, as well as paper proxies to print so that you can try out the game. Have you been tempted to do that? The game does look and sound really cool.

And yeah, I knew that it was going to take me a while to collect enough terrain for Frostgrave. I had also been planning on playing Malifaux which also requires a lot of terrain. I still set stuff aside if I think that it could be used in some way. Because who knows, maybe one of my children will become interested.

Old May 6th, 2017, 03:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post

That is a brilliant idea!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games