Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old February 26th, 2017, 05:39 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah monthly

UTAH MONTHLY MARCH 2017

When: March 25th, 11 AM

Cost: $5 (100% of entries will go to prize support! And donating prizes is always quite welcome as well, of course.)

Format: A number of people said they are itching for it, so it's time for TEAM BATTLE. You and an ally will fight together to defeat your two opponents. But here's the kicker - each game your ally will change randomly! Friends can become enemies, and vice-versa (so be sportsmanlike with your opponents, as they may very well be your partner in a later game)! Remember the rules regarding "friendly" vs. "you control" - so Raelin won't do anything for your partner, but Rhogar could (and be aware that glyphs are worded so that they only work for your army)!

- 310 point armies
- 12 figure limit (extra tiles will be provided if needed)
- SoV & C3V allowed, official Marvel allowed. RotV Raelin, Major Q9, and Deathreavers banned. (I'm almost always against bans of any kind, but these 3 make team army building too easy)
- Glyphs: Initiative+8, Defense +1, D20 +1, Move +2, Wound (Wannok)
- Four 55 minute rounds
- Roll for Initiative for each side, then take turns in a "figure 8" (as it would be too advantageous if one team were to get two turns in a row).
- If you show up, and no one else is using any of the same units as you, you'll be entered into a raffle for a cool prize.

If there happens to be an off number of players (such as a 1v2 or 1v1), loaner armies and order markers for the player(s) will be provided. They are all solid builds, and the options will complement any army. The user will pick one before seeing the opposing armies. The following will be brought to choose from:

Simple, Effective Synergy
220 Minions of Utgar x2
90 Atlaga
310 Points/7 Figures

ALL THE RANGE
110 Laglor
200 Microcorp Agents x2
310/7

ALL THE MELEE
100 Roman Legionnaires x2
90 Ne-Gok-Sa
100 Marcus Decimus Gallus
20 Marcu Esenwein
310/11

Beasty Bonding
80 Arrow Gruts x2
75 Swog Rider x3
150 Mimring
305/12

Heroes at Odds
160 Spider-Man
150 Venom
310/2

Standings (I apologize for not doing a better job recording all of the armies this time around; got frazzled due to not starting on time) -
1st, 4-0 @Scaperedude - x3 Teeth of the Makwa, Brave Arrow, Me-Burq-Sa (selected $25 eBay gift card)
2nd, 3-1 Mark- Braxas, Krav Maga (selected Omegacron)
3rd, @BiggaBullfrog - ? (selected $20 Fongo Bongo gift card)
4th, @Leaf_It - Drow Chainfighters x4, ? (selected 4 beautiful custom column terrain)
5th, Adam - Spiderman, ? (selected 2 squads of Zettian Infantry)
6th, Ben - Minions of Utgar, Tagawa Archers, Isamu, Kaemon Awa (selected $15 eBay gift card)
7th, Michael - Siege, Finn, Eldgrim, Thorgrim (selected Siiv)
8th, El_Donas - Jotun, Kelda (selected $15 Fongo Bongo gift card)
9th, Caleb - Nilfheim, x2 Greenscales (selected Heroes of Laur set)
10th, True - x3 Axegrinders, Dwarven Hero?
11th, The_Dewk - The Varja, x2 Marro Dividers, Eldgrim, Marcu
12th, Heber - x2 Fen Hydra, Marro Warriors
13th, Josh - Ashi-Dhulu, Grimnak, Heavy Gruts
14th, @Sir Heroscape - Ashi Dhulu, ?
15th, @DewNoHarm - Eltahale, x2 Stingers, x2 Drow Chainfighter
16th, @DeathStryker - x2 Wyvern, x3 Spiders, ?
17th, Cannon - Cyprien, Sonya, Airborne Elite

Maps:

1. Ruins at Fort McAda by @tannergx

2. Tawarthion Marsh by @Nomad

3. Ice Blossom by @STAROCEAN980 *Slippery ice/heavy snow rules unless both players agree otherwise*

4. Basalt Cathedral by @Dignan

5. Under the Canopy by @Dignan

And then Swamp Helix on reserve if we get more than 20 players.

Last edited by The Dewk; March 28th, 2017 at 11:21 PM.
Old February 27th, 2017, 06:59 PM

relish Woo who?

Nothing for me this month, wife had surgery a few weeks ago. Excited to play again though!

Kaemon Awa approves this message.
Old February 28th, 2017, 01:21 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relish View Post
Nothing for me this month, wife had surgery a few weeks ago. Excited to play again though!
I wish her a speedy recovery! And if you're wife feels better in the next few weeks, and you find yourself wanting to play some Heroscape and win some prizes, you are most welcome on the 25th
Old March 2nd, 2017, 10:29 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Its kinda funny that your banning some of the pain in the neck classic units but allowing marvel. I haven't seen a tourney build that allows marvel in there with classic before.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 2nd, 2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Its kinda funny that your banning some of the pain in the neck classic units but allowing marvel. I haven't seen a tourney build that allows marvel in there with classic before.
I am almost always against bans of any kind, but in coming up with this format with others, we decided that Raelin, Deathreavers, and Q9 are honestly just too easy/potent for this format (throw in Isamu, and you've got arguably one of the best 310 armies right there).
And Marvel was requested by an attendee at our last monthly, so I figure why ban official units, that I honestly have no beef with, especially when they are requested? Plus in this 310 point format, only 6 of them are allowed due to their cost anyway!
Old March 2nd, 2017, 01:11 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

For a fun, kinda of casual team tourney like this I can see how Marvel might make things kind of fun...especially with this smaller point format. BUT do understand that Marvel DO NOT belong in a competitive tournament format. Though they can play with Classic Scape, and are technically "official units", keeping them in casual fun tourney events like this, is their place...and not for competitive tournaments. All the same, I'll be interested to hear about how it goes.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 2nd, 2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
For a fun, kinda of casual team tourney like this I can see how Marvel might make things kind of fun...especially with this smaller point format. BUT do understand that Marvel DO NOT belong in a competitive tournament format. Though they can play with Classic Scape, and are technically "official units", keeping them in casual fun tourney events like this, is their place...and not for competitive tournaments. All the same, I'll be interested to hear about how it goes.
Oh, I'm aware that Marvel is always banned from the main GenCon tourney (the only real competitive Heroscape event that I know of). C3V and SoV don't get to play in the main GenCon event either, why isn't anyone calling this get-together out for that?

I honestly don't think we'll see anyone but the requestee play Marvel figures, but we'll see. They are balanced characters (some are just downright mediocre), just a little out of theme. But death robots fighting Roman Legionnaires fighting elven warriors fighting colonials... throwing in a flying armored man shouldn't change the theme too dramatically.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 12:43 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I just never seen it before thats all. Ive gotten the Idaho group to allow good ol HOSS units. They are meant to be compatible. Some people out there are scared of jedi and sith but Im yet to really kick some butt with them. Ive only ever lava dunked a couple of squad figures with them. I really like my starwars figures and those guys dont mind beating me while I play them. Whatever is fun for you guys go for it.

Old March 3rd, 2017, 12:19 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I just never seen it before thats all. Ive gotten the Idaho group to allow good ol HOSS units. They are meant to be compatible. Some people out there are scared of jedi and sith but Im yet to really kick some butt with them. Ive only ever lava dunked a couple of squad figures with them. I really like my starwars figures and those guys dont mind beating me while I play them. Whatever is fun for you guys go for it.
I agree. I feel like a lot of the negativity that surrounds those HoSS units is similar to what Marvel faces. Personally I have no problem with Marvel and wouldn't mind if it was in a tournament. Even competitively, I would rather face down the Hulk than Q9, Raelin and 10 Rats for the same point cost. And I think that would make for a more fun game too.

As far as this event in particular goes, I feel like the ban on those three is more because of how many tears would be shed if a pair had to fight two armies that shared any one of those units.

But like you said TREX, whatever is fun is the most important.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 3rd, 2017, 07:48 PM
"like" happy

With those pretty powerful units is usually a hefty price point as well. Generally those that have more squads can usually still take them out. Pit hulk against a team of stingers. My bets on stingers. For instance, with HOSS units, the ones with force powers such as force push are quite a bit more expensive. Those abilities really dont reflect their power unless they push a figure off a wall for fall damage or push a figure into lava. Most tournament maps dont have castle heights and whenever I end up on a lava map I make it well aware what my character can do if the opponents figures are too close to lava pools. This way Ive never dunked a hero figure and only a couple squad figures. Fear of being dunked is way more common than actually getting dunked. Have fun guys.

Old March 4th, 2017, 06:19 PM

DewNoHarm is surprisingly tart

Just cross-positing this for the sake of the organizers. Barring someting vital coming up, I'll be at the March monthly with two of my sons. I might be able to convince the third to come too.

Thanks to @Scaperedude , @BiggaBullfrog , and @The Dewk for keeping these monthly tournaments going. I'm guessing that it involves quite a bit of work.
Old March 4th, 2017, 06:28 PM

DewNoHarm is surprisingly tart

The Marvel figures under 310 points aren't so bad. I'd just hate to have to face off against Thanos ... Great flavor, fits the comics well, but to have to kill him multiple times ... (10% chance at the beginning of every turn of death "rejecting him").

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events