Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 8th, 2017, 08:23 PM

09167 knows what's in an order marker 09167 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Thanks again for all of the comments on the woodkin. Here's an idea I have for the cheapest filler hero.

This is the Sinspawn Champion from Pathfinder Miniatures - The Lost Coast.

NAME = Famine
GENERAL = Valkrill
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Demon
CLASS = Devourer
PERSONALITY = Terrifying
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 5

PACT WITH DEATH

At the end of every round, give 1 wound marker to another figure you control on the battlefield. If you control no other figures, destroy Famine.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!
This guy intrigues me , I feel he could maybe team up with Krug or someone.

I had an idea similar to this only in reverse. A special kind of healer.

5 points though, hmmm... even with all that damage being passed around like candy, his stats are still pretty goodand it only guarantees damage at the end of every round. My mind is saying 15 or so would be fair, and I only think that because of that 3 HP and high atk and def. Considering that Isamu and Otonashi who are both the cheapest at 10 still only have 1 hp and atk and def are 3 or less. But other than that I love the concept as a whole!
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:17 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is the Unicorn from D&D Miniatures - Archfiends

This is the Unicorn from D&D Miniatures - Monster Menagerie

And this is the Unicorn from Pathfinder Miniatures - Deadly Foes

NAME = Unicorns of the Vale
GENERAL = Ullar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Unicorns
CLASS = Protectors
PERSONALITY = Noble
SIZE = Large 6 (double based)
COMMON SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 figures)
MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 80

CARRY

Before moving a Unicorn of the Vale, you may choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to that Unicorn. After you move that Unicorn, place the chosen figure adjacent to that Unicorn.

HEALING HORN
After moving and before attacking, each Unicorn of the Vale you control that moved this turn may choose an adjacent wounded Hero figure. Roll the 20-sided die for each Unicorn. If you roll a 13 or higher, remove 1 wound marker from that Hero's Army Card.

The Unicorns of the Vale are ready to charge into action at a moment's notice, acting as sturdy steeds for their allies. When they arrive, they can use their magical horns to heal their allies or simply attack with them instead to strike down their vile foes.

Stats-wise, the Unicorns of the Vale are speedy but otherwise physically unimpressive. Their true value is their capacity to carry up to 3 allies and rapidly deliver a force to the front-lines. There are many unit combinations that seem cool in theory but just don't work out in practice since it can be so difficult bringing them close enough to the battle to matter. With the unicorns, they can easily support these armies. Their healing horn gives them some additional value in healing some allies, though this ability is likely pretty marginal.

In effect, multi-carry could possibly be too strong for it's own good. It's one thing to carry Raelin up to battle but it's another entirely to carry her and a couple good friends up all while shielding them with a wall of Raelin boosted unicorns. Beyond that, I couldn't imagine ever wanting more than two squads of them. Maybe they need to be unique instead.

Old February 13th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

You could limit them to only carrying Humans and Elves. At least then you don't have the oddness of deathreavers, marro and Kyrie hopping on. Since Unicorns are fairly prissy you could also limit them to only carrying Ullar and Jandar Units. This would drive the price down, but that may be a good thing.

Even as unique squad they would be an amazing addition to an Elf Wizard Army.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 13th, 2017, 01:58 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks to everyone for commenting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Nice. I've played around with Fighter-bonding Fighter common squads a few times before. I like the simplicity of what you have here. They would be fun with the Horned Skull Brutes.
I'm glad you like the design. I don't personally see them as working that great with the Brutes. I guess they are fine for keeping engagement given their defense but Combat Challenge won't do the Brutes any good after they Barge into Battle. Deathreavers are where it's at for the Brutes in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Oof! I suppose she doesn't create an endless game since killing her means the other player gains control; otherwise I would suggest a d20 roll.
That's the idea of her. I still wonder if just having her sit at a particular point of the map could be useful whether you lose control of her or not but she has enough offensive power that your opponent could easily toss an order marker or two her way. If you send attacks at her to discourage your opponent from committing to her, her defense is high enough that it is kind of like wasting attacks on essentially your own unit. Try her at your own risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09167 View Post
This guy intrigues me , I feel he could maybe team up with Krug or someone.

I had an idea similar to this only in reverse. A special kind of healer.

5 points though, hmmm... even with all that damage being passed around like candy, his stats are still pretty goodand it only guarantees damage at the end of every round. My mind is saying 15 or so would be fair, and I only think that because of that 3 HP and high atk and def. Considering that Isamu and Otonashi who are both the cheapest at 10 still only have 1 hp and atk and def are 3 or less. But other than that I love the concept as a whole!
Speaking of trying at your own risk, Famine has generated quite a bit of buzz. He is obviously worth well over 5 points from his stats but you need to consider the effective cost of the damage he can do to your army. Sure you could run him out in the beginning and claim well over 5 points with him before he can hit your army, but then what is the cost for losing position on the board? 5 points is misleading since it really depends on what damage he does to your army and the effective value of that damage. In fact, his toughness can be a downside in that he can survive and continue hurting your army.

I think he is at his most potent when paired with figures that want to be wounded like Krug, Bramcephys, or the MacDirks' champion and it's there I'm most worried about his balance. Still, I think I hit my goal of making a 5 point filler that you would not always include in your army if you have 5 points left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
You could limit them to only carrying Humans and Elves. At least then you don't have the oddness of deathreavers, marro and Kyrie hopping on. Since Unicorns are fairly prissy you could also limit them to only carrying Ullar and Jandar Units. This would drive the price down, but that may be a good thing.

Even as unique squad they would be an amazing addition to an Elf Wizard Army.
I don't really care for when Heroscape calls out particularly types or classes for exclusions. While it can be thematic, it usually leads to just a few to many corner cases that should have applied and can be too cumbersome if you try to include them. General exclusions seems more reasonably thematic to me but I'll probably keep them as they are right now. The most problematic units to carry are probably Jandar anyway. As it is, I'm totally okay with them being an excellent Elf Wizard taxi service or being able to set up a few other cool combos. When I think about it more, I kind of doubt that they'd provide all that much value to existing competitive armies given the points and spaces that they'd take up.
Old February 13th, 2017, 02:15 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I have the Pathfinder one and have been trying to decide what to do with it.... may base a hero off of this squad. Nice work!
Old February 20th, 2017, 10:25 PM

This is Polaris from Heroclix - Wolverine and the X-Men

NAME = Magnetron
GENERAL = Jandar
PLANET = Rann
SPECIES = Rannian
CLASS = Superhero
PERSONALITY = Valiant
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 2
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 50

STEALTH DODGE

When Magnetron rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage.

MAGNETIC AURA
If an opponent's unengaged figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Magnetron attacks with a normal or special attack, it must attack a figure with the Magnetic Aura Special Power, if possible.

Magnetron is another superhero from the planet Rann who fights to protect the people of that planet. While not the strongest superhero, Magnetron is experienced at getting out of the way of attacks. Her only real power is her ability to direct ranged attacks to her, cutting her aura at the last second to jump out of the way.

Magnetron isn't much more than Magnetic Aura with that power being a ranged Combat Challenge. I suspect she is an enormous pain to shove behind a melee screen and protect your forces from ranged attacks, especially if you back her up with a real target like Raelin. I'm also a little concerned that the Special Attack inclusion may prove more trouble than it's worth but I think most of those cases can be solved by looking how Combat Challenge works. Otherwise it's a question of if the effort moving her into place will be worth soaking up a few ranged attacks from your forces.

Last edited by Ixe; April 13th, 2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old February 20th, 2017, 11:46 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Magnetron: I could see her being frustrating with a Raelin + Rats pod, but Range 5 actually isn't too bad for her Aura. A lot of Ranged figures could simply stay outside of it, and it might be dangerous to move her out closer to them. Still worth the 50 points though, I'd say. Some might argue that she's underpriced, especially with the Valiant personality for you-know-who. Interested to see how playtesting works out with her.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 21st, 2017, 04:57 PM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart

The Havech Clingers seem similar functionally to an idea I had for my Clingminds figures.

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!
Old February 21st, 2017, 08:02 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Unicorns of the Vale sound awesome!! Triple carry is powerful for 80-points but you need some good units to back it up.

Carrying Gladiatrons might be really annoying but are you going to wast 80-points on Unicorns when you could have more Blasts/Glads?

I like it .. totally worth a play-test or two.

Might be a great way to move Elf Wizards but also getting your Warriors of Ashra into lock-down faster or Aubrien Archers to height advantage.

Overall simple yet elegant. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post

NAME = Unicorns of the Vale
GENERAL = Ullar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Unicorns
CLASS = Protectors
PERSONALITY = Noble
SIZE = Large 6 (double based)
COMMON SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 figures)
MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 80

CARRY

Before moving a Unicorn of the Vale, you may choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to that Unicorn. After you move that Unicorn, place the chosen figure adjacent to that Unicorn.

HEALING HORN
After moving and before attacking, each Unicorn of the Vale you control that moved this turn may choose an adjacent wounded Hero figure. Roll the 20-sided die for each Unicorn. If you roll a 13 or higher, remove 1 wound marker from that Hero's Army Card.

The Unicorns of the Vale are ready to charge into action at a moment's notice, acting as sturdy steeds for their allies. When they arrive, they can use their magical horns to heal their allies or simply attack with them instead to strike down their vile foes.

Stats-wise, the Unicorns of the Vale are speedy but otherwise physically unimpressive. Their true value is their capacity to carry up to 3 allies and rapidly deliver a force to the front-lines. There are many unit combinations that seem cool in theory but just don't work out in practice since it can be so difficult bringing them close enough to the battle to matter. With the unicorns, they can easily support these armies. Their healing horn gives them some additional value in healing some allies, though this ability is likely pretty marginal.

In effect, multi-carry could possibly be too strong for it's own good. It's one thing to carry Raelin up to battle but it's another entirely to carry her and a couple good friends up all while shielding them with a wall of Raelin boosted unicorns. Beyond that, I couldn't imagine ever wanting more than two squads of them. Maybe they need to be unique instead.

Old February 22nd, 2017, 09:30 AM

Thanks for all of the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
I have the Pathfinder one and have been trying to decide what to do with it.... may base a hero off of this squad. Nice work!
Glad you like it. A hero would be much safer overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Magnetron: I could see her being frustrating with a Raelin + Rats pod, but Range 5 actually isn't too bad for her Aura. A lot of Ranged figures could simply stay outside of it, and it might be dangerous to move her out closer to them. Still worth the 50 points though, I'd say. Some might argue that she's underpriced, especially with the Valiant personality for you-know-who. Interested to see how playtesting works out with her.
I guess I could up her range but I wanted moving out of the aura to be an option to still shoot key targets. Oddly enough, you can fall within the aura range but still not have to attack her as long as she is out of range (so placement is important). The vast majority of my units haven't been playtested at all (which is weird since I'm such a big proponent of playtesting) and I doubt I'll ever have her go anywhere else other than this thread. This one is different enough that I may give a test or two to get a better feel for her and what the power does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfScape View Post
The Havech Clingers seem similar functionally to an idea I had for my Clingminds figures.
I really like your clingminds. My Hevech Latchers have uses beyond just taking control but they can be powerful if you manage to get them to cling on and really disrupt your opponent. While they can repeatedly steal a hero, they always have to give it back so you'll have to deal with them sooner or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Unicorns of the Vale sound awesome!! Triple carry is powerful for 80-points but you need some good units to back it up.

Carrying Gladiatrons might be really annoying but are you going to wast 80-points on Unicorns when you could have more Blasts/Glads?

I like it .. totally worth a play-test or two.

Might be a great way to move Elf Wizards but also getting your Warriors of Ashra into lock-down faster or Aubrien Archers to height advantage.

Overall simple yet elegant. Thank you!
I'm glad you like them. These are another one that I'd like to try some tests with. I have a sniper faction that I've built up that I think they'd go great with. Elf wizards are another obvious use but getting 3 figures means you can even carry out some squad members if you really want to. I do think the Gladiatrons are much better off just having the Blastatrons dictate their movement, although bringing X17 and a few friends into the fight might be pretty cool.
Old February 27th, 2017, 02:17 PM

These are the Red Mantis Assassins from Pathfinder Miniatures - Crown of Fangs

NAME = Hive Assassins
GENERAL = Utgar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Assassins
PERSONALITY = Tricky
SIZE = Medium 5
COMMON SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (2 Figures)
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 65

PHANTOM WALK

A Hive Assassin can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

ASSASSIN STRIKES
After attacking, a Hive Assassin may attack one additional time. When a Hive Assassin attacks a figure that has been attacked this turn, they may add 1 to their attack dice.

HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT
If a Hive Assassin is attacked with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 2 from your roll for each figure adjacent to that Hive Assassin. If you roll a 1-10, roll defense dice normally. If you roll an 11 or higher, ignore all damage that would be inflicted by that attack.

Hive Assassins are deadly foes who mercilessly stalk their targets. They are skilled at hiding in plain sight and are easily overlooked when no one is around. When they close with their target, they can combine their deadly blades in focused attacks to cut their enemy into ribbons.

The Hive Assassins are in an interesting position being only a two-figure melee squad. I suspect they function best in small numbers where they can keep along the outside to maximize their Hide in Plain Sight and swiftly charge through enemy ranks to lay down some heavy attacks against a key hero with their assassin strikes. While they can get 4 attacks off a round, their Hide in Plain Sight works best when they are minimally surrounded so I think they'd have a tough time carrying an army. I do like how their hiding power is benefited by the fact that they are a two-figure squad. Also, credit to NWHC for the Assassin Strikes power, which is a riff on their Serpentine Strike power from Kyssandra. I really like how it is a double attack power that gives some extra incentive to focus fire, perfect for assassins.

[EDIT]
Cleaned up Assassin Strikes wording. Intention is for assassins to be able to double team a target and get up to 4 attack but go no further. I'm still not positive about that wording.

Last edited by Ixe; March 20th, 2017 at 09:45 AM. Reason: fix assassin strikes wording
Old February 27th, 2017, 04:41 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I saw these guys in the upcoming Pathfinder set and thought they would make an interesting two-figure squad. I like how these powers work together, as you point out, for an assassination squad.

Two suggestions:

If HA1 attacks a figure, and then HA2 attacks the same figure, will HA2 get the bonus on the first attack? As written, probably not. But it might be interesting (and go along with your "focused assassin") to have it work that way. Perhaps something like, "if a Hive Assassin attacks a figure that has already been attacked this turn, it rolls one additional die."

Second is a naming issue. To me, "Hide In Plain Sight" means "blend in with the crowd." But your power works in the opposite way, as the Hive Assassin wants to be far from the madding crowd and all that. I don't know what else you might call it -- Mantis Camouflage? But I'd suggest renaming that power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards