Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 4th, 2017, 04:22 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I obviously ABSTAIN from my own designs.
Old February 4th, 2017, 08:23 PM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I obviously ABSTAIN from my own designs.
You don't want to self promote? Just kidding. It looks like a pretty cool, straightforward design.
Old February 4th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Online HS Season 4 Champion

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Kon-Tar-Na by dok

I can't think of a weird quote or song lyric for this one, so lets just leap into this review! Will we get a taste of Kon-Tar-Na's blood? Or will he assault his way into the ranks of the Soldiers of Vahalla?

--

Balance

Kon-Tar-Na's closest comparison is probably his fellow Hivelord Wo-Sa-Ga, and I feel he holds up pretty well against her. He has a slightly better stat layout and less situational powers, but that's covered by his increased cost. He slots in pretty nicely with Su-Bak-Na and Tor-Kul-Na as well, being cheaper but lacking Su's Marro synergy or Tor's one-man army potential.

--

Theme

Thematically the design is ok, but it doesn't wow me. There's nothing terribly Marroish about the power set, you could slap it onto quite a few other miniatures with no real issue, but you can say the same of Tur-Kul-Na, whose power could have gone on basically any huge figure. I also prefer Marro to have a 20-sider related power, as for a very long while all of them did and even now there are only three official cards and one VC card that don't. Still, these are all minor gripes, nothing worth rejecting Konnie over.

The bigger concern is the figure, it just doesn't look all that much like a Marro. However, it does look a fair bit like a Grok, and the Marro are known to get a little funky fresh with their own genome. Just as Wo-Sa-Ga has a little Viper mixed in to her DNA, I'm fine with imagining Konnie as a twisted hybrid with a little Grok in the trunk.

--

Creativity

Leaping Assault is a pretty much just a slight variant on the Quickblades' Vault, but it's done well and it's interaction with Taste of Blood lets you do some interesting stuff with it. No complaints here.

--

Playability

Obviously, Konnie is best served with a side of Nagrubs. While he does bond with the Death Knights as well, they're not his best pick and he's not theirs; it's basically just a novelty pairing barring some future figure that somehow adds to the combination. However, between the healing and just being able to clog up the board with their numbers, the Nagrubs really let Konnie maximize his ability to aggressively leap in and out of the fray. You do have to be careful about being too aggressive though, it's pretty easy for Konnie to leave his entourage in the dust after a few too many leaps.

Interestingly, I found Konnie also breathes a little bit of life back into Wo-Sa-Ga. Wo was never strong enough to be the headliner of an army, but she wasn't really the best back-up for the other Hivelords either. Su-Bak-Na ideally wants something like Stingers or Dividers to get the most from his D-20 boost and Tor-Kul-Na simply costs too much to justify spending more points on another melee heavy hitter hero in most cases. However, Konnie is comparatively cheaper and more self-sufficient. Konnie, Wo, and some Nagrubs makes for a fun little army that can easily switch between the two Hivelords depending on what the situation calls for.

--

Summary

Overall, Konnie feels like a well-balanced and fun addition to the Hivelord ranks, and he comes with the added bonus of dusting off a awesome looking but rarely used official figure a bit. That's a win-win in my book.

I vote to induct the Kon-Tar-Na to the SoV.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 6th, 2017, 11:06 AM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

3 Cheers for Kon-Tar-Na!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 6th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death!

And Utgar continue his to domination of the SoV.

But in all seriousness, Kon-Tar-Na is a super interesting unit, I definitely recommend giving him a run with the other hive lords.

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old February 6th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I'm ready and willing to give Viceron another go. to review Viceron the Blood Knight.

With that, Viceron the Blood Knight has received 4 Yea votes to review (Soundwarp SG-1, superfrog, wriggz, and Scytale) and moves forward in the process.

Also, Kon-Tar-Na by @dok has received 4 Yea votes to induct (Scytale, superfrog, wriggz, and Soundwarp SG-1) and moves on to United Fanscape final review.
Old February 7th, 2017, 05:40 PM

Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would like to resubmit Maltis Tez

Name: Maltis Tez
General: Aquilla
Species: Hybrid
Uniqueness: Unique Hero
Class: Scout
Personality: Fearless
Size: Medium 5

Life: 3
Move: 7
Range: 1
Attack: 2
Defense: 3

STRATEGIC REPOSITION
After attacking an opponent's figure with Maltis Tez, you may move Maltis Tez up to 1 space. This space may be up to 5 levels higher, or lower. Maltis Tez never takes leaving engagement attacks while using Combat Positioning.

FIRST ASSAULT 2
When attacking with Maltis Tez, if the defending figure was not adjacent to Maltis Tez at the start of this turn, roll 2 additional attack dice.

Known synergy with: Teeth of the Makwa, Venac Worlord, Brave Arrow, Van Nessing, Seleena, Werewolf Lord.

Known weakness: Once she's engaged, she only has 2 attack

The figure used is Angelfire #22 Longstrider Ranger, or Angelfire Longstrider Ranger (Promo # DDC24). Both figures are the same sculpt.

Thanks to @wriggz for the suggested rewording of Evasion Instinct.

Last edited by Leaf_It; February 9th, 2017 at 04:12 PM.
Old February 7th, 2017, 06:20 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I like the changes. Tell me about the change from 50 to 25, though. Why such a big difference?

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old February 7th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Good job on reworking the first power; it reads much more cleanly and the name better fits its utility. There is a typo in the power (Strateghc), and I know that will annoy at least one person, but that's the sort of thing Editing can easily fix.

25 points is dangerously low. Offensive output is low, but 3/3 Life/Defense is as good as a certain Darklord. You do need to spend order markers on her to get anything, though, so that definitely keeps her value down. I'm willing to give her a try at this price point.

to review Maltis Tez
Old February 7th, 2017, 06:33 PM

Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness Leaf_It wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was back and forth between 35, 30 and 25. I ultimately chose 25 because I felt that the higher cost was one of the bigger issues the last time I submitted, and I didn't want to over cost her again. This whole process has been a great learn experience in card, and ability creation.
Old February 7th, 2017, 06:48 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think 25 might prove to be too low, but that's what testing is for. Other than that, it's a definite improvement in the design.

to review

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old February 7th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
25 points is dangerously low. Offensive output is low, but 3/3 Life/Defense is as good as a certain Darklord. You do need to spend order markers on her to get anything, though, so that definitely keeps her value down. I'm willing to give her a try at this price point.
Oh, come on! You can't be seriously be making a comparison with Khosumet! Why the comparison with a figure that is universally agreed to be utter-crap?

My Family's Classic Customs
- A Prophecy Fulfilled
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs