Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old January 30th, 2017, 11:01 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'll be honest, I'd rather he were still Wild - I maintain the DCoTs need a bonding hero following their own General.
This would be awesome. I just ran the DCoT yesterday! To have them follow this guy seems so perfectly thematic. Although Gruesome Display would perhaps be too strong for the already hard hitting orcs.

I still don't like powers that require you to remember something ("cannot move for the rest of the round"), but I suspect I'm in the minority on this one. There are a couple examples (but definitely not many) in classic Heroscape, so it does stand on precedence.
Old January 30th, 2017, 11:06 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
I still don't like powers that require you to remember something ("cannot move for the rest of the round"), but I suspect I'm in the minority on this one. There are a couple examples (but definitely not many) in classic Heroscape, so it does stand on precedence.
Overextend attack being the obvious one. I don't like powers that ask you to remember in general either, but given that you place the marker and that it's a relatively simple effect, I don't think it's a problem in this case.
Old January 30th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Bof...

Sorry to give my opinion there, but I had really bad feeling reading that the main reason is "overly complex power"...
I did not vote against Matlis Tez because her power was "overly complex," but because it was needlessly complex. As superfrog said above, Evasion Instinct could've worked in much the same way without the "choose a figure" wording attached.

~ Sherman, hoping that this point does not get lost in the translation from English to French.
Yeah, this. My choice of wording wasn't very good. "Needlessly" is a better fit than "overly."
Old January 30th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The new version of Uzog looks interesting. I'm willing to give it a go.

to review Uzog

With that,

Uzog has received 4 votes to review (superfrog, Ixe, wriggz, and Scytale) and moves forward in the process.
Old January 31st, 2017, 09:10 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Just an update on Uzog availability, Paizo has plenty @ 10.00, but if you wanna find it cheaper. Here are sites that have him for a more reasonable cost.
  • Troll & Toad 27 @ 3.09
  • RC Hobbies & Games 9 @ 4.69
  • Noble Knight 3 @ 5.49
  • Braps Magic 5 @ 3.29
  • Auggies 3 @ 4.99
  • RPG Shop 5 @ 4.99
  • Strikezone 15 @ 3.59
  • Coolstuff 3 @ 4.99
  • RPG Locker 15 @ 3.20

62 available under 3.59

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 31st, 2017, 09:18 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Just an update on Uzog availability, Paizo has plenty @ 10.00, but if you wanna find it cheaper. Here are sites that have him for a more reasonable cost.
  • Troll & Toad 27 @ 3.09
  • RC Hobbies & Games 9 @ 4.69
  • Noble Knight 3 @ 5.49
  • Braps Magic 5 @ 3.29
  • Auggies 3 @ 4.99
  • RPG Shop 5 @ 4.99
  • Strikezone 15 @ 3.59
  • Coolstuff 3 @ 4.99
  • RPG Locker 15 @ 3.20
Good to know. I was giving it a it of a slide because it had been nominated and gotten at least one yes vote before. But 87 all under $6 is really good availability.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 12:41 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Is he being tested on a peanut base? Or just a large circular one?
D&D style large single spaced base.

(I've been eyeballing my version of this mini the last few days, trying to decide the best way to go about re-basing him. Those who have already done it - any advice? I tried to push the pegs out from underneath but no dice. I could just get the exacto knife and cut him out but I want to make sure that's the best way to go.)
I exacto'ed it. But then, I always do that.
I finally re-based, and for the first time ever I used the pegs when rebasing.
  1. Set the whole mini in a pan of shallow boiling water for a few minutes to soften up the plastic.
  2. Punched KTN's foot pegs out of his base from underneath using a narrow mini-screwdriver.
  3. Drilled two holes just inside the edge of a D2-sized base as far apart as the feet of KTN. (7/64 drill bit was what I used)
  4. Squeezed KTN's pegs back in to the holes I'd made.

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 4th, 2017, 11:51 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here is Viceron the Blood Knight for re submission to SoV.

Much of what is to be said about him is true from his original submission. Aside from the name change, he is 20 points cheaper making him slightly more competitive. He is ultimately still a swingy, solo hero who will give some intense turns that may work out by devastating your opponent's side or leave you with a hole in your army, except now he isn't quite as much of a risk to do it. I still aspire to give him some kind of support in the future but I don't want to continue holding him back in the meanwhile.

I had debated making him Valrkill (thanks to William099 for that card), but my figure's armor is more black than the picture and my gut still said Utgar. As for accessibility, he had sufficient stock on a deep search before but I haven't checked in a while. I know a few fans of the project have picked him up anyway but I can always do another search and post a list of options and prices if need be.

[EDIT] Original post information and old miniature information in spoiler below. I'll see if I can get the miniature information updated and do another deep dive.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ixe; February 13th, 2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old February 4th, 2017, 01:09 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Hopefully the third time is the charm to Viceron.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 4th, 2017, 02:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

to review as well.
Old February 4th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I'm happy to give this version of Viceron a run. 130 does seem to be the point total for swingy but powerful units.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 4th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool design. Reminds me of Elric.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs