Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 29th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Bof...

Sorry to give my opinion there, but I had really bad feeling reading that the main reason is "overly complex power"... because when I see that C3V brings us Elaria the Pale who has an even more complex power with almost the same aim and an almost same range points. It would look like Elaria would have been rejected for the same reason.

Otherwise, I understand that SoV is not C3V, and the issue is also with the theme of the power (and here I see the point). But I wanted to give my opinion in such argument when I see what was already realized by Valhalla Customs before...

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old January 29th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Silly Promo Pro, Dinosaurs are for Orcs

quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth

I don't believe that complexity was the reason. I believe that it was because the power was not thematically straightforward.

C3V is bringing back classic 'scape! / C3G is creating SUPER stuff for Heroscape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 29th, 2017, 12:03 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Bof...

Sorry to give my opinion there, but I had really bad feeling reading that the main reason is "overly complex power"... because when I see that C3V brings us Elaria the Pale who has an even more complex power with almost the same aim and an almost same range points. It would look like Elaria would have been rejected for the same reason.

Otherwise, I understand that SoV is not C3V, and the issue is also with the theme of the power (and here I see the point). But I wanted to give my opinion in such argument when I see what was already realized by Valhalla Customs before...

No, opinions are welcome. First of all, you're right about the C3V not being the SoV. That makes a difference in how members vote. It's easier for a power to slowly become more complex, for example.

Here's the difference between the two powers, in some people's minds: it's a matter of irreducible complexity. Slippery 6 is complex because it has to be to work right. Evasion Instinct could be much less complex and still work nearly the same, and even hit theme better because of that simplification.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old January 29th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death!

Ashi-Dhulu who recently passed, and Kon-Tar-Na who has 3 up votes both have similar movement powers, but despite having more words, are somewhat clearer. Kon-Tar-Na must end his move adjacent to an enemy, Ashi needs to end its move after destroying a common figure. Both are very clear.

Choosing a figure, not attacking that figure and ending your move not adjacent to that figure is a little odd, and not very clear. A bit of wording change however keeps the most of the mechanics in place, but makes the unit much easier to understand an maybe more versatile.

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old January 29th, 2017, 02:47 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Bof...

Sorry to give my opinion there, but I had really bad feeling reading that the main reason is "overly complex power"...
I did not vote against Matlis Tez because her power was "overly complex," but because it was needlessly complex. As superfrog said above, Evasion Instinct could've worked in much the same way without the "choose a figure" wording attached.

~ Sherman, hoping that this point does not get lost in the translation from English to French.
Old January 29th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the answers guys !

I understood it with wriggz's message, and you put the right words on it Sherman, thanks for the clarification.
This considered, I can now see better the reason of this choice !

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old January 29th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Inside the C3V, there were a number of people - myself included - who saw a thematic break between (1) naming a power "Evasion Instinct" and (2) making it a really complex way to engage the enemy.

I don't know if this was the chief reason why people voted against it. I know it's a significant part, but not the only part, of why I did.

In my humble opinion, a worthy custom must unite the mini, the mechanics, and the theme. That is the iron triangle of design. Matlis Tez did not present a unified, three-pointed design.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old January 29th, 2017, 10:40 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I would like to submit Uzog.

3rd Time is a charm, right?

The most notable changes
  • Points raised to 85
  • Attack raised to 5
  • Max Markers on the card at 2.
  • Cannot move after taking a trophy, and is optional
  • Gruesome Display - Instead of boosting attack, it is more thematic for valkrill to -defense of opposing figures.

The overall changes leave Uzog feeling much more polished & simple. Looking back on it, I am glad he was rejected the first two times. I am much more pleased with this version, than I was with the previous iterations.

Thank you for your consideration.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Last edited by Kinseth; November 3rd, 2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old January 29th, 2017, 10:48 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah, this is the best version of Uzog yet, to my eyes. to review

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old January 30th, 2017, 07:59 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the new direction for Uzog. The turn-around feels a little fast for me but I trust you've run him through his testing (iterating on a unit is easier than designing a new one anyway). I vote YEA for review.
Old January 30th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll be honest, I'd rather he were still Wild - I maintain the DCoTs need a bonding hero following their own General.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Foolish Filler
=====================
Old January 30th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death!

I liked the original Uzog, but this one seems to be a much tighter design. I'm personally a little leery about his point total being too low, but with one attack and only 3 defense I can see how 85 makes sense.

to review

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.

Last edited by wriggz; January 30th, 2017 at 09:55 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs