Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old September 7th, 2015, 08:01 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
I'm back! I feel that this is a fresh new start that could take off to new heights. Let's get the party started in here!
So you concur with the 1 month idea, then?

~TGRF.
Yeah. One month should be enough. Depending on the amount of work I get, (not much so far) I should be able to write something. Having a set deadline would be of much use.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old September 7th, 2015, 08:34 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Okay then. I think we're all more or less in agreement about one month. I think EL might like a bit shorter, and TAF might like a bit longer, but we all agree one month will work.
Now that we are in agreement on that, I believe it's time to focus on the titles. We can't very well figure out what the titles should actually be until we know what we're going to award them for, so we should figure that out first.
As I've mentioned before, a title for every win is going to result in a lot of identical titles, which I don't think anyone wants. We want more or less UNIQUE titles, which is kind of their whole point. Therefore, I propose we award titles for the following: (Note: You may wish to review how the ranking system works. You can find it in the Index.)
  • The best ranked in the competition. This will be the author with the best average placement. This currently belongs to BiggaBullfrog, who has an average of 1.5. TAF has a perfect score, but needs one more entry to qualify. This title is a bit of a no-brainer, as the title of the competition is literally 'are you the best author?'
  • Those that average below (meaning better than) 2nd place (aka, 2.0). This is actually hard to do. There are only three authors that have entered in this contest that would qualify for this title (Bigga, Dysole, SoA).
  • Prompt Master. This is a bit of a special title. The prompt master is the one who gave out the prompt which in turn got the most entries. This title currently belongs to Tornado, and I don't think anyone is about to unseat him. This is just info I happen to have lying around, we don't really need to turn it into a title. I'll leave it up to you.
  • The person who has submitted the most entries. This currently belongs to me, closely followed by Bro-man. (Note: Because of the way I compute the rank, default wins will not count as an 'entry'.)
Those are my thoughts. I'm sure there are more potential titles, and I will post them if any occur to me. Please post your own ideas.

Note: Because of the way I rank people, it is very difficult for me to determine such things as who has the most wins. Besides, this title would be unfair to someone with a better record, but simply fewer entries.

~TGRF.

Go to my website to read my fan fiction!

Writing Status: Forming Plot...
Spoiler Alert!

Old September 7th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I concur with these Title ideas, although I still think a few basic titles wouldn't hurt either such as 5 wins or someone who's won 3 competitions in a row. For those however, I would suggest starting with a blank slate, meaning nobody who's won 5 before or 3-in-a-row before would automatically get one. Just to even the playing field a little.

~TAF, otherwise appeased

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 8th, 2015, 12:36 AM

The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The Grim Reaper's Friend is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I concur with these Title ideas, although I still think a few basic titles wouldn't hurt either such as 5 wins or someone who's won 3 competitions in a row. For those however, I would suggest starting with a blank slate, meaning nobody who's won 5 before or 3-in-a-row before would automatically get one. Just to even the playing field a little.

~TAF, otherwise appeased
Do note that it is difficult for me to determine who has five wins or who has won 3 times in a row. The current system does not count wins. It counts the total score of placements, and then averages it out over the number of times entered.
~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!

Old September 8th, 2015, 12:56 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Dat's Easy

Quote:
Quote:

~TAF, otherwise appeased
Do note that it is difficult for me to determine who has five wins or who has won 3 times in a row. The current system does not count wins. It counts the total score of placements, and then averages it out over the number of times entered.
~TGRF.
Spreadsheet it out. I mean honestly if you have the raw data somewhere I could do it for you.

~Dysole, a bit busy so can't do it right now
Old September 8th, 2015, 06:01 PM

Re: Dat's Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Quote:

~TAF, otherwise appeased
~TGRF.
Spreadsheet it out. I mean honestly if you have the raw data somewhere I could do it for you.

It is in a spreadsheet. If we decide we want to do that, I can probably figure out a way to compute it.
~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!

Old September 13th, 2015, 07:25 PM

So then, any one else have any ideas/thoughts on the titles? @Bro-man @BiggaBullfrog @SheapCreaper @Marro_Warlord @Tornado

~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!

Old September 13th, 2015, 07:26 PM

Re: Dat's Easy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

~TAF, otherwise appeased
~TGRF.

Out of curiosity Dysole, how would you do that in Excel? Or were you referring to a different program?
~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!

Old September 13th, 2015, 07:33 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Feasibly

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

~TAF, otherwise appeased
~TGRF.

Out of curiosity Dysole, how would you do that in Excel? Or were you referring to a different program?
~TGRF.
Well I'm not certain about your system but there's a couple ways to make it work depending on what is set up.

~Dysole, Excel master
Old September 13th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am cool with giving TGRF title power.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 13th, 2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I am cool with giving TGRF title power.
I have title power already. I was looking for opinions on the proposes titles here and here.

~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!

Old September 13th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Feel free to change my title to Prompt Master. Well deserved IMO.

I may be able to match it someday if I ever win again.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction