Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old July 14th, 2015, 10:06 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Thanks for the considerations and great review from the judges. Both judges correctly identified that he would do much better with a bonding option which I completely agree with. A good portion of my playtesting and pricing consisted of future-proofing him to a knight bonding option that may exist in the future. Explicitly not making him relentless now seems more of a mistake, especially with the Knights of Blackgaard who were released after I designed him. I will also put further consideration into his life total. 4 puts bloodstorm into the realm where you don't want to spam it and alternate between the attacks but it puts you right on a knife's edge.

I will try to work on this rapidly while availability is still sufficient. Thank you again for your consideration.
Old July 14th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Viceron the Dark Knight has received two Nay votes to induct (superfrog and Son of Arathorn) and is removed from the process.
Old July 16th, 2015, 05:51 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would like to submit Viceron the Blood Knight for consideration of the SoV judges.

Balance Viceron is a relatively high variance hero that bonds with a B- squad (Death Knights of Valkrill). He is eclipsed in a head-to-head fight by many less expensive heroes, excelling instead at blasting away lower attack and defense squads (although still able to fill other roles in a pinch). 145 points is an appropriate pricing given his typical performance and impact on the game, bearing in mind that he is not an elite unit. He also shares synergy with the Knights of Blackgaard but I found it generally difficult to justify drafting him over just another squad of knights.
Playability The Thrall of Blackrazor is a prepainted D&D miniature and can function in Heroscape without any rebasing or further treatment. His powers are clear and are similar to existing powers. His master stats fit his size, type and equipment. His striking white hair and red cape make him visually distinct from other figures.
Creativity Viceron uses life as an interesting resource that provides decisions throughout the game. Choosing to use Bloodstorm Ritual over his normal attack can at times be a 2 life swing, and his life is still low enough that simply spamming his ability is not a reliable option. While his blast is similar to that of Brimstone, the constant attack and life management make them play very differently.
Theme Viceron the Blood Knight; hated and feared on his home world. He knows that there is no cost too great in the name of victory and is ready to use his own blood as a reagent to unleash terrible and powerful magic. He compensates for his sacrifices with his enchanted sword, capable of draining the life force out of those he slays and reinvigorating him. He has used this unnatural blood magic to extend his life, becoming a warrior of unrivaled skill and protected by magical armor that has been tempered by the blood of his enemies. Viceron comes from the planet of Toril.
Accessibility The figure is the Thrall of Blackrazor from D&D Miniatures - Unhallowed. The accessibility has not meaningfully changed since the figure's last submission.

Thank you for your consideration.

To directly address the changes between the submitted unit and Viceron the Dark Knight:
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 16th, 2015, 06:45 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I thought that Viceron was decent before; hard to get his value, but that's nothing new for swingy units. I'm hoping the extra life, bonding, and reduced cost don't make him too powerful.

to review Viceron the Blood Knight
Old July 16th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Viceron is a pretty cool figure. Very good stats. I am always a little bit worried about four attack Area of Effect abilities (the only ones in the original game is Jorhdawn's conditional Rain of Flame and Mimring's easy to prevent Fireline; the only one in VC is the very powerfully swingy Quahon). However, I think the risk is appropriately balanced since he has to get in close to use Bloodstorm Ritual.

to review
Old July 16th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

to review Viceron the Blood Knight.
Old July 17th, 2015, 11:15 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

to review Viceron

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 17th, 2015, 11:31 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

to Vice 2.0

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 17th, 2015, 04:28 PM

Viceron the Blood Knight has received 5 Yea votes to review (Scytale, vegietarian18, Son of Arathorn, capsocrates, and Soundwarp SG-1) and moves forward in the process.
Old July 27th, 2015, 03:22 PM

Rampage has passed United Fanscape review and moves forward in the process.
Old August 7th, 2015, 11:38 AM

Viceron the Blood Knight has passed United Fanscape review and moves forward in the process.
Old August 7th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Am I the only one who preferred the name Viceron the Bloody? Blood Knight makes it sound like he's part of a non-existant cadre of Blood Knights - Bloody just sounds like a title he was given for his atrocities, much cooler, IMO, and more menacing.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs