Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 13th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I put attack in there, because of the power on Krug's Card "Double Attack", eventhough it is not a special attack, it has referenced the word attack already.

In the end I am not picky about this, if it is preferred by VC to be the other way, I am okay with it being altered. (The name of the powers.)
Let me explain it this way: Changing the power names to "Overwhelm" and "Ambush" would still carry the full freight of meaning, whereas changing the power names to "Pack" and "Double" would make them simply confusing. And redundancy is undesirable.

Kinseth, if you are persuaded, please say so. I do not want to have a big debate later because we were too cavalier to make an obvious improvement now.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old June 13th, 2015, 07:10 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Thanks for the explanation , that works for me. I'll update the visual card when I get a chance.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Last edited by Kinseth; June 13th, 2015 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Changed to be straight to the point.
Old June 15th, 2015, 10:59 AM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I would like to submit The Gnoll Faction to SOV.

The Retchtongue Warclan comes from the world of Toril(D&D). They were designed with the concept depicted in the D&D source books. Gnolls like to attack when they have the advantage of numbers, using horde tactics and their physical strength to overwhelm and knock down their opponents. They show little discipline when fighting unless they have a strong leader; at such times, they can maintain ranks and fight as a unit. While they do not usually prepare traps, they do use ambushes and try to attack from a flanking position. The Power that the War chieftain brings to the clan helps organize them and allows them to fight better as a unit. Ambush Tactics utlized by Gruul the Archer, his cunning nature gives him a leg up on the enemy. Ragsh Skullcrusher, has been able to round up the Clan and organize them. They howl with glee when they have numbers advantages and their relentless nature comes out. Ragsh wades into battle confidently when he knows the warband is close, confident and secure in victory he will unleash a torrent of attacks.

Point Value
  • The Squad comes in at 20 points per figure, more than some of the strongest 4 man bonding squads such as 17.5 for Heavies/Knights/Dwarves.
  • The Heroes are priced accordingly with their powers and how they interact with the warclan. They offer a great variety with the clan.

Sculpt Availability
Retchtongue Warband
  • Gnoll Warrior(C) #12 Dungeons Deep Pathfinder Currently just release and in production, found at many large retailers(MM, TrollToad, Auggies, CoolstuffInc, Paizo, etc...) Price ranging from $2.49-4.00
  • Gnoll Slaver(C) #13 Dungeons Deep Pathfinder Currently just release and in production, found at many large retailers(MM, TrollToad, Auggies, CoolstuffInc, Paizo, etc...) Price ranging from $2.00-4.00
  • Gnoll Maruader(C) #31 Dunegons of Dread D&D 175+ from 23 Different Retailers ( Quick ABprices check says prices range from $1.99-4.17)
  • Alternate Gnolls - There are some good Alternate Sculpts such as Gnoll Claw Fighter 77+, Gnoll Fighter 43+ to consider if any questions of availability.

Heroes
  • Gruul - Gnoll fighter(U) #22 Elemental Evil D&D - 84+ found from 12 retailors at 3.50-6.00 a figure.
  • Ragsh - Gnoll Leader(R) #40 Dungeons Deep Pathfinder Currently just release and in production, found at many large retailers(MM, TrollToad, Auggies, CoolstuffInc, Paizo, etc...) Price from 5.99 and up, depending on the retailer.(this price seems to vary greatly, I was able to purchase mine for 4.99. Since it was released yesterday, these prices will even out. )

Faction submitting options
a) Choose a unit to be the "primary" unit of the submission, and the rest to be "secondary" units. The "primary" unit may pass by itself without the "secondary" units passing, but if the "primary" unit fails, all "secondary" units will be withdrawn. "Secondary" units will be judged based on the "primary" unit.

Primary - Retchtongue Warband
Secondary - Ragsh and Gruul

Special Credit to - Scytale (Pack Attack was his design.), Kevindola/Bengi/Dok and others who commented, helped playtest, and had suggestions along the way.
Updated the cards , removing Attack from Ambush Attack and Overwhelm Attack. Oddly enough, I originally did not have Attack in either power.

Old June 15th, 2015, 05:06 PM

A couple of action shots of the Gnolls vs some Humans.

Old June 15th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Gnoll leader looks a lot scarier on his card
Old June 21st, 2015, 04:44 AM
Online HS Season 4 Champion

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

to assorted dog men.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 22nd, 2015, 02:19 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The Retchtongue Warband has received 4 Yea votes to review (capsocrates, Scytale, Son of Arathorn, and Soundwarp SG-1) and moves forward in the process.

Ragsh Skullcrusher has received 4 Yea votes to review (capsocrates, Scytale, Son of Arathorn, and Soundwarp SG-1) and moves forward in the process.

Gruul the Wicked has received 4 Yea votes to review (capsocrates, Scytale, Son of Arathorn, and Soundwarp SG-1) and moves forward in the process.
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:45 PM

Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker

I think that the open mouthed gnoll in the top center on the warband sticks out from the other two. If that's the best you have access to though, beggers can't be choosers. Just my opinion.

Online HS record: 5-5 after two events
Live HS record: 4-2 2nd place after one event
Old July 1st, 2015, 03:13 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm back! Wanted to try Rampage again with some more tweaks.

Balance- His points put him in the same range as units such as Agent Skahen, Krug, Tagawa Samurai and Nakita Agents. I feel this is an appropriate place for him given the combination of benefits and risks inherit in his powers.

Playability- Yes its powers and Master stats are appropriate as it uses examples for already existing figures and follows the trend of other Barbarians in game. Though it has the same pose as some of the Warforged Soldiers the brown plating really does help it stand out from the blue painted variety.

Creativity- An inverse of Siege's Crag of Steel plus the blending of previously existing powers and master stats make for a fun unit, that does bring a new twist to the Barbarian and Warforged groupings within the game.

Theme- Warforged and Barbarians are both currently present in the game and the focus here gets closer towards previous HS barbarians.

Accessibility-
Repaint of the Warforged Soldier sculpt, according to previous HS precedent.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Rampage...
in THE WAR FORGE
Old July 1st, 2015, 10:58 AM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Accessibility-
Repaint of the Warforged Soldier sculpt, according to previous HS precedent.
Unless I misunderstand something, that doesn't sound very "accessible" in the C3V/SoV sense. A quick check of eBay would seem to make this something like a $16-18 acquisition, and right now only 2 Warforged squads are available.

It's a fine custom, but wouldn't the figure need availability at least in the dozens and a price tag far below $18 to be an SoV candidate?

Good traders: Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112, itsbuzzi, anagrams_are_just_grams,
deathsride, gibby64, FlamingSword, stryker280, heroscaper2010 & more on my trade list
Old July 1st, 2015, 11:44 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I think William099 is saying that it's a "repaint," so you could use your own Warforged if you wanted in its place. That would be fine with me, but it's up to the judges how they want to handle it.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old July 1st, 2015, 11:50 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

D&D War Drums Warforged Captain is an option here as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs