Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 28th, 2015, 04:10 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Perhaps it should be one word, Skullcrusher. *Shrug*

Thanks on those Typos.

That is only 9 squad members, that total army is 12 figures. For the same point cost of 480, I don't think it is more powerful than say Heaviesx3, Grimnak, Nerak, Raelin, Marcu.

You are really underestimating the power of the Warband once the Warchief is dead. Who will be targeted by your enemy early and often because of what he brings to the table.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old May 28th, 2015, 04:23 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Theoryscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Perhaps it should be one word, Skullcrusher. *Shrug*

Thanks on those Typos.

That is only 9 squad members, that total army is 12 figures. For the same point cost of 480, I don't think it is more powerful than say Heaviesx3, Grimnak, Nerak, Raelin, Marcu.

You are really underestimating the power of the Warband once the Warchief is dead. Who will be targeted by your enemy early and often because of what he brings to the table.
Maybe. Same life and defense as Eltahale and Morgoloth who are also considered rather beastly. Yeah it's only 9 squaddies but I could argue dropping Gruul for another Warband. At 510 add Marro Warriors and that looks pretty dang scary. Is it broken? Difficult to say. I just don't recall gnolls being known for being beefy. I could be wrong.

~Dysole, who wouldn't know for sure without testing
Old May 28th, 2015, 04:28 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Gnolls are hyena-headed, evil humanoids that wander in loose tribes. Most gnolls have dirty yellow or reddish-brown fur. A gnoll is a nocturnal carnivore, preferring intelligent creatures for food because they scream more. A gnoll is about 7-1/2 feet tall and weighs 300 pounds.

Maybe, once you lose Ragsh, there is no doubt about it. They lose their hardest hitting hero, and lose their ability to move and attack with one additional Gnoll squad.

With that in mind, you have to worry about sticking his neck out there unlike other bonding heroes.

There are many armies that can be pretty dang scary when adding Marro Warriors and Raelin to their arsenal, let's step back from the cliffs edge though please

Old May 28th, 2015, 04:39 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Playtest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Gnolls are hyena-headed, evil humanoids that wander in loose tribes. Most gnolls have dirty yellow or reddish-brown fur. A gnoll is a nocturnal carnivore, preferring intelligent creatures for food because they scream more. A gnoll is about 7-1/2 feet tall and weighs 300 pounds.

Maybe, once you lose Ragsh, there is no doubt about it. They lose their hardest hitting hero, and lose their ability to move and attack with one additional Gnoll squad.

With that in mind, you have to worry about sticking his neck out there unlike other bonding heroes.

There are many armies that can be pretty dang scary when adding Marro Warriors and Raelin to their arsenal, let's step back from the cliff though please
I'm not sure I have enough incentive to charge him into the fray when I can functionally have a 4 man squad and snipe with Gruul.

As for MW and Rae, when playtesting a unit I try to break it and so build its most powerful army. It's potent I grant you and I applaud you trying something like this. I think I'd be less concerned if their defense was 3 since 5/1/3/4 is quite solid. Comparable figures in that arena are PKs (more move+Stealth flight+Insubstantial-only 3 figures no bonding-10 points more expensive), HSBs (1 more attack consistently+Barge-only 3 figures no bonding-15 points more), Warforged (Autoshields+Tac Switch-only 3 figures no bonding-20 points more), KoB (1 extra figure+1 extra attack consistent-twice the cost), Anubian Wolves (potentially higher attack-only 3 figures no bonding-15 points more), and Quasatch Hunters (niche so irrelevant to discussion).

Anyways, they are beefy stats on a bonding unit. Are they worth it? Maybe. Anyways, I will say that I think I would play them more protecting my chief and possibly saving the chief for cleanup so that I don't lose the four squad bonus. Just some thoughts.

~Dysole, hoping that helps clarify
Old May 28th, 2015, 04:56 PM

It is hard to compare Apples to Oranges, all of the units you mentioned have some unique aspect about them that you cannot quantify (Phantom Knights, HSB, KoB(not twice the cost), Warforged etc...) in the terms of point cost.

They can be compared to Knights/Heavies/Dwarves because they have similarities that can be compared Apples to Apples.

Everything tastes better with Bacon(Raelin), but you and me both know that there are many tests that go into playtesting that do not involve Raelin. If you took some similar armies , how would they fair?

If we draw up some similar armies based on Apples to Apples. Lets shoot for 460-480 point armies.

Gnolls
Warband x4(12 total figures)
Warcheif
Gruul Archer

Heavy Gruts
Heavies x4(16 total figures)
Nerak
Grimnak

Knights
KoW x4(16 total figures)
Sir Gilbert
Finn

Death Chasers
DCs x5 (15 figures)
Nerak
MBS
Ogre Pulverizer

Dreadguls x4 (12 Figures)
Guilty
Jotun

Those are armies we can compare apples to apples, and I am aiming for the gnolls to be slightly less powerful than Heavies/Knights.

They do have one hero that can "Snipe" but it isn't a long distance.

I'd be happy to playtest with anyone who wants to see them in action. I think they are fairly spot on for around a B+ power level. That is my goal in designing these guys.

Old May 28th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Playtest

I am concerned about their power level, having done quite a bit of testing of my own gnolls. This version is strictly better for 10pts more per squad. While mine weren't A-rank, they have always been pretty solid. You're brushing dangerously close to too strong.

While it appears that Gnoll Bonding (which I strongly recommend you rename to Gnoll Hero Bonding) gives tactical decisions, I agree with Dysole that it really doesn't. The bonus from Warpath is too good to risk losing until at least midgame, especially while another bonding option is available. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but recognize it for what it is.
Old May 28th, 2015, 05:50 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I don't see the thematic need for 4 defense on those common squad figures. Drop it to 3 and kill two birds with one stone (power level and theme fail).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 28th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't think Warpath is quite so potent since it effectively bumps each Squad's cost to 80, but 4 defense seems like a bit much, IMO. Especially when they can easily boost their Attack value as well.

~TAF,

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 28th, 2015, 06:25 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

The first thing I observed when I read the squad card was that the stats seemd a little high for the cost, especially with the bonding power and the other 2 powers on the card
Old June 1st, 2015, 02:07 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm back! Wanted to try Rampage again with some more tweaks. Hows the point value? And what do you guys do you think of having two defense base with minus two defense from Rage?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; June 2nd, 2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old June 1st, 2015, 02:12 AM

Quick Note

"add two to Rampage's Move and Attack". You have "and two to Rampage's Move and Attack"

~Dysole, who would have to check other official wordings to make sure it's all right
Old June 1st, 2015, 10:44 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

A cleaner, sharper design overall, with a nice reuse of existing powers. It feels a little odd at first to drop to 0 Defense, but I got past that quickly. It does make him feel like a Barbarian, even with Warforged Resolve. (Note: he still gets the extra shield from Warforged Resolve, even if he rolls zero defense dice.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards