Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old March 31st, 2015, 09:30 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Congrats, Frenchmen! I'm looking forward to using him myself.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old March 31st, 2015, 09:32 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Love it! Nice work guys.

Just in time for Season 19 of Online Scape.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 31st, 2015, 10:46 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun

Awesome card.

W
Old April 3rd, 2015, 02:28 PM
Online HS Season 4 Champion

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

The last of my current batch of reviews, start submitting some units people! I hunger for the sweet, sweet taste of fresh customs.

Urk by Ninja Status and superfrog

We must not look at goblin men,
We must not buy their fruits
Who knows upon what soil they fed
Their hungry thirsty roots?

That's a bit obscure,
Even for me
But will our man Urk
Make it into the SoV?

Balance

Stats-wise, Urk's pretty much on par for a 40-60 point hero. Considering two of his powers are all about working with other Goblins though, there isn't much to gain from theory-scape and such, and there isn't much to say here. It all comes down to how he plays with the other Goblins, and that's a job for the Playability section.

Theme

He fits with the Goblin Cutters I suppose. Personally, I don't much care for the Goblin Cutters, but I won't hold that against him. I do find it odd that he can boss the Horned Skull Brutes around too though; I know Heroscape has a history of weird synergy, but there's a difference between weird 'sure why not' synergy like Ne-Gok-Sa bonding with Romans and synergy that's explicitly going against theme. From what I understand of D&D, the Horned Skull Brutes wouldn't be interested in taking commands from a regular little goblin. Other than that, I see no real problems thematically.

Creativity

Mob Swarm and Goblin Sneak Attack are both reasonably creative. No real issues here.

Playability

Urk can be a bit tricky to use, especially without any bonding or other OM flexibility within the Goblin ranks, which makes it harder to get the most use out of Mob Swarm. Most of the time, you're better off just taking a turn with the Cutters or Brutes directly, you move less figures, but they might actually get somewhere useful. It doesn't help that the Cutters can also move up with Scurry and the Brutes can Barge into Battle, the Golbin squads are not hurting in the movement department. That's not to say Mob Swarm is useless, but it's not something you really want to give up a whole turn for, you need to get some other use out Urk during that turn too. Fortunately, Goblin Sneak Attack lets Urk hit pretty hard, just don't expect him to last very long on the front-lines.

I do like that he helps the Cutters and Brutes play a bit better with each other, and he's a decent option in a clean-up role. If you're down to only a few Goblin Cutters or Brutes (or a mix of both) that aren't worth risking an OM on, you can use Mob Swarm and Goblin Sneak Attack to get a bit of last hurrah out of them. He's not someone you'll pile all your OMs on, or a mandatory include for a Cuttter or Brute army, but he has his uses.

Summary

He works with the Goblins reasonably well, and he's certainly not overpowered. If you actually like using the Goblins, he makes an interesting addition.

I vote to induct the Urk to the SoV.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 3rd, 2015, 07:58 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Here is the PDF for Asterios.
Old April 6th, 2015, 04:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Nominating Kon-Tar-Na:

The figure used is the Confrontation: Creatures of Dirz - Dasyatis Prime. Here is a photo that shows the coloration of the mini, which is quite Marro-ish. Here is a high-detail photo; that one was painted so the colors are no longer accurate, but you can see the detail. The mini very much looks like a skinless Marro to me.

There has been some (well, one person anyway) pushing back on whether this looks like a Marro, at least in coloration. It's not quite as orangish as some, but even in coloration Marro have a decent amount of variation. This is more on the pink side of things, and (obviously, given the source) matches the Gnids quite well.

Much like the Marro Gnids had some good off-color proxies, I'd consider the Nemesis Evolution, Dasyatis Evolution, and Aberration Prime to all be good proxies to use for this mini.

I've tested this one a decent amount. I think I could reasonably price it 5 or 10 points lower but 150 feels pretty safe. He's very strong in some matchups, but Taste of Blood can be difficult to trigger in some matchups (either because of high defense or because your opponent spreads out). He's very good at taking out low-defense ranged stuff that clumps up, of course. Pairing him with TKN makes for an interesting army since he thrives on the irregular terrain that the big Hivelord hates.

I did make him Relentless, so he also bonds with Death Knights. He's much better with his grubby munchies than with the Death Knights, though.

I think this is obvious from the wording, but you may only use Taste of Blood once per activation. So a maximum of two attacks from KTN per OM. The other possibly confusing point is that the intention on Leaping Assault is that it is only available if you use 3 or fewer movement points. This could be stated explicitly, but that would be nonstandard wording. I'll leave that decision to the editors should this get that far.

Thanks in advance to the judges for considering the design. Also, thanks to all those who helped in the design and testing - I couldn't have done it without you.

Last edited by dok; April 6th, 2015 at 10:37 PM.
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:02 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

What is the availability of that mini?
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:05 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Every pack I mentioned there is "20+" at miniaturemarket, and the two "evolution" boxes come with two minis.
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How does that figure size up to the nagrubs and other hivelords? To me he doesn't look, thematically, like a hivelord. From the card he seems closer to warlord/overlord size.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst... Let me know what you think
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Every pack I mentioned there is "20+" at miniaturemarket, and the two "evolution" boxes come with two minis.
So all we know is that there are at least 20 of the primary sculpt available? We don't normally count proxies, but we could consider them. Still, I'd like to see more than 20 of the original confirmed. I won't vote it down yet, but I won't vote for it unless more are found.
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:16 PM

It looks like 46 of the primary sculpt can be added to a cart. The numbers are pretty similar for the others.
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:28 PM

That's enough to make me happy. I'll leave it up to the others to decide their stances.

to review Kon-Tar-Na

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs