Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 14th, 2015, 02:21 AM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Congrats to Scytale. Another fun addition to our game. The Red Ants are the first unit inducted in what could shape up to be a big year.
Any update on availability on these guys ... I bought a few but now that they are *almost* in, I am sure there will be a spike in demand?
Hopefully Auggies restocks them.

Last edited by jedilou; February 14th, 2015 at 03:43 AM.
Old February 14th, 2015, 11:23 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Congratulations Scytale. The Red Ants look really good! Hmm, now they need a Red Ant Queen...

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 15th, 2015, 11:56 AM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I'd like to re-nominate my custom Uzog

Uzog is a Durgeth who takes glee in killing his enemies. He likes to adorn his body with the skulls of his opponents, trophies of his latest victims. He can become so consumed that he can stop on the battlefield and take a trophy skull right then and there. Once he takes a Trophy Skull, he is on an adrenaline rush and his attacks become more ferocious.

He is single spaced, and can be found at Auggies(58 for 3.99), MM(9 for 3.00), RPG locker (34 for 3.95).

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Last edited by Kinseth; February 23rd, 2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old February 15th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death!

This is a very cheap (for the stats) bonding hero for an already very strong bonding squad. A bonding squad that has a bonding hero that is quite able to fill in activations when Trophy Skulls goes off (if not on OM3). He also has some natural synergy with Raelin, being high life and low defense.

I am just worried that he adds too much flexibility to the Deathchaser builds. He adds a new price range for Deathchasers to look to to round out armies. Deathchasers right now are limited in their builds, because of the 50 point intervals between all of their bonding choices (besides Swogs I guess). Uzog changes that completely by giving them a viable bonding option in the middle.

Battle Reports: Comic / Gencon - Customs - Probability Calculator App
vegietarian18 is Marcus Decimus Gallus...
in THE ORPHANAGE
Old February 15th, 2015, 02:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Is that a vote, or are you workshopping in the thread?

I'm sure Kinseth would be happy to discuss the design here.
Old February 15th, 2015, 02:55 PM

vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death!

I'm not workshopping, just stating my opinion on the power level of the figure. I typically give my thoughts in a post before officially voting, so the nominator can respond to any potential concerns that I have with thoughts from their own experiences testing the figure. I feel like it causes more confusion if I vote, then sway the other direction and change the vote, but maybe that's not the case.

I tried to contain the discussion to here, so the other judges could see it. I don't think this is anything different than the typical voting process.

in THE ORPHANAGE
Old February 15th, 2015, 03:08 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

So, only Kinseth can respond here? Or should we have a wide-ranging discussion of the balance of Uzog, in this thread, with everyone with an opinion contributing?
Old February 15th, 2015, 03:09 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

To answer your concerns, I think that this is a personal preference. Some people like Ornak in a heavies build, some like Tornak etc... From the eyeball test, I don't think you can decide that, not without playtesting. I think these types of concerns are better met allowing VC to discuss in their Unified Fanscape review. Does VC want to allow another figure to bond with Death Chasers? Perhaps it comes back with a response that They liked the unit overall, but don't like the option for Death Chasers. I think alot can come from the Unified Fanscape Review.

I can't really take anything to heart about Raelin, she makes EVERYONE better. Name me a figure that doesn't have Synergy with Raelin?

I can't tell you what SoV criteria to use, but if it were me, that is how I would approach it. Some things need play testing to decide, some powers right up front are easy to spot and say no too. Something like who a unit can bond with, or who the unit can have synergy with I think is harder to judge without playtesting/larger discussion.

Okay I rambled alot, hope that makes sense.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 15th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don't see the big problem. He's a single attacking hero. A heavy hitter once he's built up, but not invincible. Give me Crixus every time, please, but Crixus costs 15 points more, so that's how it should be.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old February 15th, 2015, 03:28 PM

I don't see what you mean at all by personal preference. The figure fills a new point range in Deathchaser builds; would you just prefer not to play at that point total?

Unified Review is a disussion to see if the figure fits in VCs established canon, not on it's power level.

As said before, figures with high life and low defense gain more from Raelin's aura than the reverse. Additional defense dice make more of a difference when you aren't rolling many to start with. For example a, Krug gains far more from Raelin than a Deathwalker.

I hear what you are saying, but I feel like this is easy to spot. An underpriced addition to a top tier bonding squad is very scary territory to tread into. I have played quite a few competive games with Deathchasers and I do not feel comfortable adding a figure of this caliber to their ranks. to review

in THE ORPHANAGE

Last edited by vegietarian18; February 15th, 2015 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Crixus bonds with a far weaker squad than the Deathchasers
Old February 15th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion

TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I can't really take anything to heart about Raelin, she makes EVERYONE better. Name me a figure that doesn't have Synergy with Raelin?
SotM Raelin has terrible synergy with Raelin.

~TAF

TheAverageFan is Thorgrim...
in THE ORPHANAGE
Old February 15th, 2015, 03:36 PM

I argued in Kinseth's thread that a better analogue is Sir Hawthorne, but Crixus is reasonably apt.

Anyway, since apparently the way we do this is to have a free discussion of anything that gets nominated in this thread, I'll respond here.

I agree that Uzog's best builds will involve Raelin, MBS, and DCs to fill points. Dog bites man, there.

So, that leaves two important questions to consider:
  1. At what point totals, if any, will Uzog be the best option for Deathchasers?

2. Are those builds better, point for point, than similar Deathchaser builds not involving Uzog that cost 20-25 points less or 25 points more?
My answer to #1 is... well, it's very few builds, at least until we start considering startzone/figure restrictions. If we are playing a 16 figure limit, then the best 475 point army is probably DC x4, Raelin, MBS, Nerak, Uzog. At 425 I think I'd rather have Nerak and a Swog over Uzog, although admittedly it's close.

My answer to #2 is to laugh a lot and say no.

Last edited by dok; February 15th, 2015 at 03:55 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs