Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 26th, 2015, 02:54 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Continuing to add to Ullar, here is another hero.

This is Male Goliath Barbarian from D&D Miniatures - Player's Handbook 1 - Primal Heroes

NAME = Logarr
GENERAL = Ullar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Goliath
CLASS = Barbarian
PERSONALITY = Wild
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 140

CLEAVE
When Logarr attacks an adjacent figure, you may choose a Squad figure that is also adjacent to Logarr. If the defending figure receives any wounds form Logarr's attack, the chosen figure receives 1 wound.

CHARGING ASSAULT
Logarr may add 3 to his Move number as long as he is unengaged prior to moving. Logarr must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's figure in order to use Charging Assault.

Like his kin, Eltahale, Logarr is a powerhouse of a Goliath. He spurs himself on to charge into battle as soon as it is within reach and then begins hacking through enemies with abandon. His barbarian training makes him formidable to take down despite his low defenses.

One thing I enjoy doing from time to time is to reuse existing powers to make something entirely new. Heroscape has already developed a wealth of powers but often the context of the unit they are used on can greatly influence their function. Cleave, for instance, becomes much more potent when placed on a figure with a higher attack. Charging Assault in on a high life hero allows them to risk some leaving engagement strikes to close with prime targets. Put them together and Logarr can thunder into ideal positions in melee and cleave through targets. Furthermore, his low defense encourages the opponent to overwhelm him with squads but his high life can weather it and cleave can punish them for doing so.

I suspect him not to hold up to Eltahale who is probably a bit more solid and versatile but that by no means makes him a slouch. As always, comments are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ixe; April 13th, 2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old January 26th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

He looks like Kratos' Irish cousin Even if he doesn't hold up as well as Eltahale, 9 move and 6 attack is nothing worth underestimating.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 26th, 2015, 09:01 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

A wonderful design! I don't think that Ullar is really this guy's go to general, but hey, none of them are really. Charging onto height to make him a 7/4 with Cleave can be pretty neat too. I'm not sure if the enemy would swarm him outright, maybe instead they would only send 1 or 2 squaddies at him to attempt to deal a couple of opening wounds. That'd be my approach anyways, especially because the odds of him going down quickly are nil.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 12:58 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thank you to everyone who commented on Logarr! I've finally caught up to Valkrill for rounding out my customs so I can begin adding units to him in my rotation (I have a little ways to go for Vydar and even longer for Utgar). Here is the next step in my Battlemage cycle.

This is the Githyanki Mindslicer from D&D Miniatures - Savage Encounters

NAME = Zeeaire
GENERAL = Valkrill
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Githyanki
CLASS = Battle Mage
PERSONALITY = Menacing
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 120

DISRUPTION AURA

All figures your opponents control within 4 clear sight spaces of Zeeaire cannot attack with special attacks.

ARCANE RIPOSTE
When Zeeaire rolls defense dice against a normal attack, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Zeeaire [Zee-air-ee] is a Githyanki, the original battle mages of D&D (the term Gish is coined from them). Like all other battle mages, Zeeaire is potent in melee and can deflect and destroy almost any attacker that dares challenge her. Unlike some of the other battle mages, however, she focuses her magic on putting out a disruptive aura that makes more complicated maneuvers and spells impossible to perform. This ability only serves to bolster her goals, forcing the opponent to attack her normally and risk winding up on the receiving end of an Arcane Riposte.

Unlike some of the other battle mages, Zeeaire functions a little more like a counter draft to units that otherwise are reliant upon their special attacks. While she'll do little to save your forces against Braxas, shutting down Nilfheim's breath weapon or Q9's gun can be a nice boon. This power can also serve to couple her nicely with units that are more vulnerable to special attacks such as the Warriors of Ashra or the Ninjas of the Northern Wind. Nevertheless, she is still expensive for what she does and is ultimately pretty niche for how she does it.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 04:06 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

how would disruption aura works against the Arrow Volley of the roman archer, if one is within the aura and the others two outside ?

Regarding Logarr, I too like the reusing of existing power to make something new. I think there still is a lot of design space with only new combination of existing powers !
Old February 2nd, 2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
how would disruption aura works against the Arrow Volley of the roman archer, if one is within the aura and the others two outside ?
Good question. I had considered this as a potential hole for the power, but I believe it can be solved in a pretty straight-forward way. Since powers like Arrow Volley and Zombie Onslaught explictly combine the attacks, I would hold that one figure within the aura could not be included for the special attack. I suppose this would be similar to moving 3 archers and then trying an arrow volley with anything but the exact archers you had moved. Any unactivated archers would not have had an attack and thus could not be used for the special attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Regarding Logarr, I too like the reusing of existing power to make something new. I think there still is a lot of design space with only new combination of existing powers !
Glad to hear that there are other fans of this out there. I'm sure that I'll explore this idea more as I go along.
Old February 6th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Logarr
I also enjoy seeing how existing powers have different meaning on units with different stats. The overall design here is a strong one, very barbarian-feeling. I can see both powers as being very useful and work well together.

Zeeaire
Disruption aura is interesting, though somewhat problematic. First issue is with combined attacks such as Arrow Volley. If one of three Roman Archers is within the aura, can they use Arrow Volley? That one isn't too hard to rule on, but multi-stage special attacks that include movement are more difficult. If Samuel Brown uses Fire and Rush Special Attack and moves within Disruption Aura as part of the attack, what happens? Or if Kumiko moves into the aura using Ninjustu Barrage. Also, for special attacks such as the Airborne Elite's Grenade, where either all figures are using the special or none, can one attack with the figures that are outside the aura but not any inside it?
Old February 6th, 2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Logarr
I also enjoy seeing how existing powers have different meaning on units with different stats. The overall design here is a strong one, very barbarian-feeling. I can see both powers as being very useful and work well together.
Glad to hear you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Zeeaire
Disruption aura is interesting, though somewhat problematic. First issue is with combined attacks such as Arrow Volley. If one of three Roman Archers is within the aura, can they use Arrow Volley? That one isn't too hard to rule on, but multi-stage special attacks that include movement are more difficult. If Samuel Brown uses Fire and Rush Special Attack and moves within Disruption Aura as part of the attack, what happens? Or if Kumiko moves into the aura using Ninjustu Barrage. Also, for special attacks such as the Airborne Elite's Grenade, where either all figures are using the special or none, can one attack with the figures that are outside the aura but not any inside it?
I don't think it's that complicated. For one, I get the feeling that you are misunderstanding the Airborne Elite. The whole marker thing and everything around that simply forces you to only be able to use the grenades within that single turn. Figures within the squad don't have to attack with the grenades and can just choose not to attack. In this case, figures within the aura would be incapable of attacking with the grenades while those outside the aura could lob away.

Combined attacks, as I had said before, would mean that figures within the aura would not be able to be used for the special attack. They would essentially have no attack to combine. Likewise, for Samuel Brown and Kumiko, they are very clearly making individual attacks with their special attack. Whenever they are within the aura, they would not be able to make any of these attacks. I suppose Kumiko would still be able to move out of the aura and then attack if that were possible, while Samuel Brown couldn't practically initiate his special attack (since it requires wounding a figure with an attack), but could move into the aura after shooting and then be unable to attack again.

However, looking into matters further, the game rules clearly state that special attacks can never be modified by other special powers. We know this regarding things like height advantage or auras, but I am not positive whether or not a power like this could be viewed as a modifier. I don't think it would given the existence of negation powers, but the question is still there.
Old February 6th, 2015, 03:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I would say that negating the ability to attack with Samuel Brown's secondary attack would *not* be an infringement on the rules as the card says he *may* attack. This would suggest that the designers felt that he may very well kill his original target and have nothing else to hit. They did do their best to dance around modifying special attacks at all, such as the Nakitas ability to force a re-target for only normal attacks, not just special attacks. The Mezzos were a much later version of this, as exoskeloton wouldn't stop specials at all, presumably for units who moved after making an attack. However, if they had released a unit like this, I think it would be pretty much the same ruling.

PS awesome custom!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 9th, 2015, 06:38 PM

Here is another hero for Einar.

This is the Cleric of Pellor from D&D Miniatures - Dungeons of Dread.

NAME = Oran Keldstar
GENERAL = Einar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Cleric
PERSONALITY = Devout
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 100

MASS CURE LIGHT WOUNDS
After moving and before attacking with Oran Keldstar, you may choose any number of small or medium Hero figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Oran. Roll the 20-sided die for each figure. If you roll a 1-10, nothing happens. If you roll an 11 or higher, remove up to 1 wound marker from that Hero's Army Card. Mass Cure Light Wounds can be used on Oran.

RADIANT BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 5. Attack 2.
When attacking an Undead figure with Radiant Blast Special Attack, each skull rolled counts for an additional hit.

Oran Keldstar is another cleric for Einar, able to heal multiple heroes at once within a large range. His god Pellor also grants him the power to fire blasts of light which are particularly potent at searing away the abominable taint of the undead.

I've been considering lately what goes into healing in Heroscape and how that can be played with. None of the healer's so far have been particularly good, all having issues with reliability or having dead turns either using the healer or setting them up to be useful. I suspect Oran Keldstar will face much the same issues outside of facing undead, but I wanted to explore being able to heal multiple targets with a single order marker. I'd be shocked if he proves to be any sort of good, but I can see him being interesting in a hero heavy format. My goal here is to explore other kinds of healing without eclipsing what already exists.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated.
Old February 9th, 2015, 06:49 PM
I could go

He definitely feels like he should be in a dungeon party. What I think will help him out the most is that he can still attack and use a fairly reliable heal ability, even if it isn't particularly strong. You won't lose any progress with your advance force by taking a turn with him, which is a strong benefit. I personally think he may be better at 110.

Perhaps this army may bring him to fruition:
Count Raymond
Oran Keldstar
Kaemon Awa
Cathar Spearmen x?

Count Raymond gives your units some disengaging love, while making a sudden Oran rush plausible. The Spearmen will protect your heroes and do the dirty work, and Kaemon enjoys getting healed while he shoots arrows 3 feet long deep into enemy ranks.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 10th, 2015, 12:31 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Here is another hero for Einar.

This is the Cleric of Pellor from D&D Miniatures - Dungeons of Dread.
Spoiler Alert!

MASS CURE LIGHT WOUNDS
After moving and before attacking with Oran Keldstar, you may choose any number of small or medium Hero figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Oran. Roll the 20-sided die for each figure. If you roll a 1-10, nothing happens. If you roll an 11 or higher, remove up to 1 wound marker from that Hero's Army Card. Mass Cure Light Wounds can be used on Oran.

RADIANT BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 5. Attack 2.
When attacking an Undead figure with Radiant Blast Special Attack, each skull rolled counts for an additional hit.

I've been considering lately what goes into healing in Heroscape and how that can be played with. None of the healer's so far have been particularly good, all having issues with reliability or having dead turns either using the healer or setting them up to be useful. I suspect Oran Keldstar will face much the same issues outside of facing undead, but I wanted to explore being able to heal multiple targets with a single order marker. .
Very cool design, and I like the figure. I could see modifying Mass Healing to:

After moving and before attacking with Oran Keldstar, you may choose any number of small or medium Hero figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Oran, or one large or huge Hero within 3 clear sight spaces ...

Oran would need to be a solid hero army to be worth his points. The first one that pops to mind is larger-point Elf Wizard army builds.

On the topic of "healing" in Heroscape ... What would you think of either a Common or Unique Squad of Clerics that were similar? I found these three D&D mini's that all have a Mace or Morning Star and was thinking about a Squad of Clerics that had some minor healing (Cure Light Wounds) and maybe a Protection from Evil (Defense boost). They could bond with Clerics {which is just Ana for Classic 'Scape}.

If they were a Unique Squad that had Cure Wounds on a d20 like Oran, then you could spread out the squad for 3 healing rolls on separate figures, or potentially up to 3 healing rolls on one hero {like a Hydra}. Maybe there power is ".. instead of attacking" they can Heal.

CLERIC SQUAD
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards