Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 17th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Help With Wurdz

It all sounds better to me, for sure.
Old December 14th, 2014, 10:15 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Could I get some help with the wording for these guys' abilities?

Varac Avengers

Varac
Unique Squad (of 2)
Savages
Vengeful
Medium 5? Once again, I don't have the figures, so any help here from anyone who does is great.

Life - 1
Move - 7
Range - 1
Attack - 5
Defense - 5
Points - ???

Howl of Triumph - Whenever a Varac Avenger destroys a figure or defends against a figure's attack, place one triumph marker on this card. There can be no more than 3 triumph markers on this card.

Deadset Resilience - If a Varac Avenger receives one or more wounds, you may ignore one wound for each triumph marker on this card.

Last Stand of the Varac - After taking a turn with the Varac Avengers, you may remove all Triumph Markers from this card and take one additional turn with the Varac Avengers. Roll one additional attack die for each triumph marker removed from this card for the remainder of that turn.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old December 14th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hmm. Is this headed to the SoV? You don't have to commit, obviously, but I'll treat it differently (not better! Just different!) if it is.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 14th, 2014, 11:05 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Hmm. Is this headed to the SoV? You don't have to commit, obviously, but I'll treat it differently (not better! Just different!) if it is.
Yes, eventually, unless there is some big objection to them.

Old December 14th, 2014, 12:02 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

They can become next to invincible as the player likely won't want to lose the defensive perks of the Triumph markers.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 14th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm glad to look at the text, but I think there are still game mechanics and game balance issues that could be addressed. Though it's outside my purview here, what price range are you hoping to hit?

= =
Old December 14th, 2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
They can become next to invincible as the player likely won't want to lose the defensive perks of the Triumph markers.
They're a unique, melee, two-man squad. Next to invincible gives them a chance to do stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper
I'm glad to look at the text, but I think there are still game mechanics and game balance issues that could be addressed. Though it's outside my purview here, what price range are you hoping to hit?
I'm not entirely sure, as they haven't been playtested at all. I wanted some nice wording so I could put them in the OP of my custom thread and not feel weird.

Old December 14th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Could I get some help with the wording for these guys' abilities?

Varac Avengers

Varac
Unique Squad (of 2)
Savages
Vengeful
Medium 5? Once again, I don't have the figures, so any help here from anyone who does is great.

Life - 1
Move - 7
Range - 1
Attack - 5
Defense - 5
Points - ???

Howl of Triumph - Whenever a Varac Avenger destroys a figure or defends against a figure's attack, place one triumph marker on this card. There can be no more than 3 triumph markers on this card.

Deadset Resilience - If a Varac Avenger receives one or more wounds, you may ignore one wound for each triumph marker on this card.

Last Stand of the Varac - After taking a turn with the Varac Avengers, you may remove all Triumph Markers from this card and take one additional turn with the Varac Avengers. Roll one additional attack die for each triumph marker removed from this card for the remainder of that turn.
So to clarify:

Does the card get a Triumph Marker every time one of the figures is attacked, or does the figure have to survive the attack in order for the marker to be placed?

Can the wounds be ignored if they are from a special power (not an attack)?

If so, then how about this:

HOWL OF TRIUMPH
Whenever a Varac Avenger destroys a figure or is attacked and not destroyeddefends against a figure's attack, place one a Triumph Marker on this card. There can be no more than a maximum of 3 Triumph Markers on this card.

DEADSET RESILIENCE
If a Varac Avenger would receives one or more wounds, you may ignore one wound for each Triumph Marker on this card.

LAST STAND OF THE VARAC
After taking a turn with the Varac Avengers, you may remove all Triumph Markers from this card and take one additional turn with the Varac Avengers. Roll one additional attack die for each Triumph Marker removed from this card for the remainder of that turn.

If there is at least 1 marker on the card, they effectively get Disengage.

And yes, they will be very hard to destroy. With 5 defense + any bonuses, delivering 4 wounds will be tough.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old December 14th, 2014, 12:14 PM

Howl of Triumph is meant to take effect if an Avenger rolls enough shields not to take a wound, kinda like counterstrike.
@SirGalahad , your suggestions are good, but I feel like there could be a way to word it so that there is less text.

Old December 14th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Howl of Triumph is meant to take effect if an Avenger rolls enough shields not to take a wound, kinda like counterstrike.
@SirGalahad , your suggestions are good, but I feel like there could be a way to word it so that there is less text.
The edits have fewer characters than the original.

If you want Howl of Triumph to only occur when (Varac Avenger shields rolled >= attacker's skulls), then that will take more text to clarify, because there are other ways to survive an attack (including what is on this card).

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old December 14th, 2014, 12:31 PM

Would,

When a Varac Avenger attacks or defends against an attack, if you roll more symbols, place a vengeance marker on this card.

Work? It feels like less text.

Old December 14th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok. I understand. I'll review them but I welcome and encourage you to bring them back after testing and modifications.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards