Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 5th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Super cool figure, good luck Kinseth.

Tornado is Raelin...
in THE ORPHANAGE
Old December 5th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

@Kinseth , I like the design changes to Kalagrith, but I see a problem: miniature availability.

15 at Auggies is all well and good, but everywhere else I look (miniaturemarket, trollandtoad, coolstuffinc) the Pathfinder Large Bronze Dragon is either out of stock or much too expensive (CoolStuffInc. sells him for $15, & Paizo sells him for $16, too much for a Large 7 figure, IMO). If adequate stocks at a reasonable price can't be found, I can't vote vote for Kalagrith.
Old December 5th, 2014, 04:12 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
@Kinseth , I like the design changes to Kalagrith, but I see a problem: miniature availability.

15 at Auggies is all well and good, but everywhere else I look (miniaturemarket, trollandtoad, coolstuffinc) the Pathfinder Large Bronze Dragon is either out of stock or much too expensive (CoolStuffInc. sells him for $15, & Paizo sells him for $16, too much for a Large 7 figure, IMO). If adequate stocks at a reasonable price can't be found, I can't vote vote for Kalagrith.
The Miniature was just released by Pathfinders in the middle of November. That means that Local Shops are likely to have them also. Consider Pathfinder will produce this for months and months, availability shouldn't be an issue. The initial surge for sites like Troll&Toad and MM(I purchased mine from there on a Pre-Order) is likely the cause for it being out of stock.

I also see several ebay auctions for ~10 dollars. Much more in line with the price that Auggies has.

Lastly, this is a FANTASTIC mini, Super High quality. Exquisite! 10 Dollars is more than fair for a miniature of this quality and size.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 5th, 2014, 04:16 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Auction 1

Auction 2

Auction 3

Auction 4

Old December 6th, 2014, 12:16 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

eBay auctions mean nothing as far as price is concerned. Kinseth, can you provide a spreadsheet of store URLs, stocks, and prices? $15 is far far too much for a mini of this size.

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old December 8th, 2014, 06:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I too like the changes on Kalagrith, but I'm not going to pass a figure that costs $15 unless I can be convinced that there's a real hole (either in the metagame or just thematically, like Quahon) that the unit fills. If you can show better and cheaper availability, I'll be glad to give it a go.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old December 9th, 2014, 05:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Thoresby Woodsmen

Balance- Nothing about the Thoresby Woodsmen break the game, although my games did not show whether they were correctly priced or not. They were very effective against melee when they could get a strong screen to block chokepoints, but that is nothing new. They could also perform well against range on maps with evergreen trees in good positions.

Playability- The Thoresby Woodsmen were playable on all of the maps I tried. They were better on maps with trees, but not terrible on other maps. The strategies that work for other ranged common squads work for them also. In their case the ability to get an automatic skull in exchange for not moving often meant, particularly vs. melee armies, that they sometimes chose to camp in their starting zone rather than move out and sacrifice the extra attack against a target near the start zone. That's not a terrible thing, but it did detract from more interesting and dynamic gameplay.
Powers: The Thoresby Woodsmen have a nice set of thematic powers with one unfortunate drawback: their Evergreen Camouflage power uniquely excludes jungle trees and bushes. Even the Quasatch Hunters' Jungle Tracking, which explicitly says "Jungle" in the title, works on Evergreen trees. The more I thought about them and played them on maps with jungle trees and bushes, the more this bothered me. Why should they suddenly forget how to hide and use their camouflage in a jungle?
Appropriate Stats: Their stats are all nicely appropriate. Their low firepower is offset by the reliability of Precise Shot, and their low defense is offset by their ability to stay out of the reach of melee and use Evergreen Camouflage on many maps vs. range.
Visual Distinctness: I did not get to buy these sculpts to see them in person, but in the pictures they look different enough from the game's existing archers.

Creativity- I like the reuse of Tracking and the way the new powers are simple and thematic, riffing off old themes while doing something new.

Theme- The theme on these guys was pretty good. Playing them often felt like laying an ambush and waiting for the enemy to come, then picking them off as they approached. They offered high mobility and a decent punch with their bows.

--

Further testing could have shown that they were not priced correctly. However, the deciding factor for me was their inability to hide in Jungle.

I vote Nay to induct the Thoresby Woodsmen into the Soldiers of Valhalla.

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old December 9th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The Thoresby Woodsmen have received two Nay votes (infectedsloth and capsocrates) to induct and have been removed from the process.
Old December 9th, 2014, 06:05 PM

Sorry guys I have been away on work this week for a project, and haven't had time to look further into your questions, I will answer them when I return on Sunday.

Old December 15th, 2014, 08:26 PM

• I counted 44 available on Ebay at Various prices.(most between the 9-14 dollar price range)
  • Auggies still has 14 available.(8.99 each)
  • Troll and Toad/MM are both out of stock. Paizo has some in stock.
  • Remember that these are still in production and will be available for a while. This also means your local game stores might have some in stock also. The two stores near me usually have Pathfinders Singles available.

As for the higher price, you really are getting a great miniature. The quality of this Dragon is excellent. While it is a steeper price than some other miniatures, the quality and size of the miniature should come into play. The duration that this will also be available needs to be taken into account.

That's really all I have to say on the matter, if all you look at is potential dollar signs($9-14) for an excellent miniature(Would you pay the same for out of print miniatures now? Q9, Nilf, Fen Hydra etc...), then by all means vote nay. Have a look at the pictures and quality of the unit.

Old December 15th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The SoV does not consider eBay figure counts as useful since they are constantly changing. The fact that they are still in production counts for a lot, however.

While the price is rather high, it's within the range I consider workable. Though I doubt everyone in the Inner Sanctum (incluing other Judges) will agree.
Old December 15th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Paizo has the standard 99+ so I don't think availability is an issue at all. They're all at $16, though, which is the likely sticking point.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs