Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 13th, 2014, 02:57 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

I think this could go a long way to helping our poor Elf Wizard pod, but it needs a bit of work.

The miniature is one of Dungeon Crawler's, so the availability is great! I originally did common hero because it's only one mini, but looking at it again after a while, it would make more sense to have it be a Squad of maybe 3?

What do y'all think?
Tai-Pan, I had a similar idea for that figure, here are the powers I gave it. Might give you some ideas:

Familiar Movement Bonding
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Ranger or Wizard Hero you control who follows Ullar, you may immediately move The Raven up to 4 spaces.

Through The Eye Of The Raven
When The Raven is within 3 clear sight spaces of an opponent's figure, a Ranger or Wizard figure you control with a Range of 4 or higher who follows Ullar may add 2 to its Range when targeting that figure for a normal attack.
The first lets it be useful without worrying about wasting an OM on it just to get the range extension. Also you'll note that it helps out poor old Brandis as well.

I do like your idea that the raven can use the Special Attack instead, that's a pretty neat solution.
Old November 13th, 2014, 03:07 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, he's pretty blood heavy in theme. I'm not sure if I have a problem with it. I suppose I could instead call him a Dark Knight and switch his Special Attack to be Bloodstorm Ritual. I just can't personally get on board with Dark Ritual. Thank you all for your help. I'll resubmit when I can edit the card tonight.
Old November 13th, 2014, 03:12 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
The alliteration in bloodblast does sound a little silly when you say it. Bloodstorm Special Attack could work.

Does Dark Ritual really capture the theme of using blood magic? Is it clear on why it hurts him. I'm leaning towards no. I may be biased since I can't hear "Dark Ritual" without thinking of the magic card of the same name. Thank you to everyone for helping with this, by the way.
I agree with cap (above). Dark Ritual means he is doing something nasty and magical. The blood part is pretty clear from everything else about this unit and from the fact that he is damaging himself (and likely several people near him).

Mentioning blood in the title (like Bloodstorm) doesn't clearly represent what is happening (the self damaging part), but the word Ritual makes that clearer. You could, I suppose, call it a Bloodstorm Ritual or something like that.
I'll chime in here -- to me "Bloodstorm" and "Bloodbath" and "Bloodsplosion" (OK, I made that last one up) sound like he's spraying his blood around on the surrounding figures. Sort of like the Bloodburst Thrall I guess. I do like Dark Ritual (or maybe, Arcane Ritual?) as it implies (from the mechanics) that he's making some sort of self-sacrifice to power the SA. That it's a "blood sacrifice" is implied by "Sanguine Sword" for those with a dictionary, but I don't think you necessarily need to spell it out in the power name. JMHO.

Another possibility: Occult Ritual, since Arcane = Sharwin.
Old November 13th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Couple more: Bloodbound Ritual or Blood Pact Ritual

You could in a different direction and call it the Paid in Blood SA or (rifting off of Ishmel and perhaps my favorite) Call on the Occult SA.
Old November 13th, 2014, 04:04 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Blood for Blood Special Attack?

Last edited by dok; November 13th, 2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: yes, blatantly ripping off Gull-Dass from Summoner Wars, but the mechanic is fairly similar
Old November 13th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I like Bloodstorm. Sounds very "blood knight sorcerer heavy metal album," explains the means of attack (it's as storm, so, everyone around him gets damaged!), and the means. I can picture it pretty well, too - lots of dark red energy, crackling lightning, maybe a little bit of blood swirling around. Good imagery.

Bloodstorm Ritual is fine too. I just like Bloodstorm. Bloodstorm Bloodstorm Bloodstorm.
Old November 13th, 2014, 07:46 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like Dark Ritual or Paid In Blood.
Old November 13th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Bloodstorm was an excellent choice, Ixe.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 13th, 2014, 08:25 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
My initial impression of Ullar's Eyes is that it's too much trouble to be worthwhile. The alternate turn/use someone else's special attack stuff is pretty complicated, and really there aren't many such special attacks to choose from. Does the Ullar's Eyes need to be nearby Elf Wizards for the bonus dice, or does the Wizard the special attack is coming from? Can the Ullar's Eyes be affected by it's "own" Rain of Flame? To complicated for the benefit.
This is where I'm at as well. Warmachine style spell channeling is a cool idea, but it's really difficult to retcon in like this, and it's not that useful for the Elf Wizards as a group anyway.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 13th, 2014, 08:36 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Paid with blood woulda been cool.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old November 14th, 2014, 04:45 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
My initial impression of Ullar's Eyes is that it's too much trouble to be worthwhile. The alternate turn/use someone else's special attack stuff is pretty complicated, and really there aren't many such special attacks to choose from. Does the Ullar's Eyes need to be nearby Elf Wizards for the bonus dice, or does the Wizard the special attack is coming from? Can the Ullar's Eyes be affected by it's "own" Rain of Flame? To complicated for the benefit.
This is where I'm at as well. Warmachine style spell channeling is a cool idea, but it's really difficult to retcon in like this, and it's not that useful for the Elf Wizards as a group anyway.
I don't know if it really is that complicated. A very strict interpretation is similar to Omegacron letting Snipers shoot on his turn. Instead of doing the attack phase of the Wizard's turn, he activates channel magic. An Ullar's Eyes receives a turn in which he cannot move, but may use a special attack, namely that special attack which the Wizard has. So all boni, height advantages, auras, explosion effects, etc are handled as though the Ullar's Eyes had that special attack (which is in fact the case because of the special ability). The feeling is like Channel Magic, but if you distance yourself from the idea behind Channel Magic and just read the ability, I think it works.

As far as usefulness goes, I think being a common hero wouldn't work. But a unique squad of 4 or a common squad of 2 or 3 would be helpful. You can build up your Elfpod somewhere, then send out Ullar's Eyes. The Elfpod is then practically transfered as a whole to every location where an Ullar's Eyes is, at least what offensive output is. An Elfpod in the starting zone can send out Ullar's Eyes and once Ullar's Eyes are within range of the enemy, Jordhawn and company can start attacking (in the thematical sense, in the real game sense, Ullar's Eyes borrow the special ability and attack themselves).

Another alternative for wording would be having the attack happen on Ullar's Eyes' turn.
CHANNEL MAGIC
Instead of attacking normally, Ullar's Eyes may use the special attack of a Wizard etc you control.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 14th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
CHANNEL MAGIC
Instead of attacking normally, Ullar's Eyes may use the special attack of a Wizard etc you control.
This is the part I don't like. Here's Jorhdawn's special attack:
Quote:
Rain of Flame Special Attack
Range 7. Attack 1 + Special.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Rain of Flame Special Attack. Add 1 to Jorhdawn's attack dice for every additional Elf Wizard you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Jorhdawn, up to a maximum of +3 dice. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice seperately. Jorhdawn cannot be affected by her own Rain of Flame Special Attack.
So do you replace the instances of "Jorhdawn" with Ullar's Eyes? You'd have to replace the first one or the Ullar's Eyes would never get more than 1 attack dice. That is, adding 1 to Jordawn's attack dice does nothing for Ullar's Eyes attack dice. But if you do replace all of the "Jordawn"s, you get:
Quote:
Rain of Flame Special Attack
Range 7. Attack 1 + Special.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Rain of Flame Special Attack. Add 1 to this Ullar's Eye's attack dice for every additional Elf Wizard you control within 3 clear sight spaces of this Ullar's Eye, up to a maximum of +3 dice. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice seperately. This Ullar's Eye cannot be affected by its own Rain of Flame Special Attack.
If that's the case, then the Ullar's Eye would need to be within 3 clear sight spaces of Elf Wizards to get the attack boost. Which negates what you're trying to accomplish.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards