Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 25th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Draco Magi funded back in February, but I'm excited that something I funded is actually on its way. . . Look, a link to follow the ship as it crosses the Pacific!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 25th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

That's pretty cool DS

Takes tracking your package to a new level

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 26th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just received my copy of Alien Uprising by MrB Games on Thursday.

Played a game last night, and I have to say, I like so far. It's a co-op where you are the other players have crashed landed on an alien planet and have to decide on the best tactics to ensure your survival.

Repair the ship and take off? Okay, but you need to search the crash site (game board) for debris tokens that you flip over - and they may or not be the pirce you need - and take back to to the ship to repair it.

Send out a homing beacon and await rescue? Well, you have to repair the beacon first and lpay the waiting game. Meanwhile...

Aliens constantly spawn and attack and attempt to destroy your shields and move forward to destroy your ship.

It's a lot of fun, with some pretty cool mechanics as far as decision-making processes go. You roll 5 6-sided dice that each depict a different icon that corresponds to different actions in the game. You are allowed to reroll the dice twice, and if you ever get 3 of a kind, you get to add in 2 bonus dice to roll! Actions include attacking, repairing, scouting (searching the debris), recharging weapons, alien spawn (sucks), as well as healing (on the bonus dice only).

It has a bit of a Castle Panic feel, with Castle Panic being Risk, and Alien Uprising being Axis & Allies. I'm glad I backed it - and finally got something I backed

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; July 26th, 2014 at 05:47 PM. Reason: I don't count Myth. I'm still waiting on minis for that one...
Old July 26th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
It has a bit of a Castle Panic feel, with Castle Panic being Risk, and Alien Uprising being Axis & Allies. I'm glad I backed it - and finally got something I backed
If I knew that relation I would have gone for it...
Old July 31st, 2014, 06:48 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
If I knew that relation I would have gone for it...
Pretty sure that comparison is more about the level of complexity than the similarities between those games and A&A.

Not a game in and of itself, but I got my mats for X-Wing in yesterday and they are sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 28th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Reviving this thread after a bit of a lull. I apologize for the video, but I can't get the stupid link to work, and I'm sick of trying...

Small Box Games has just launched a Kickstarter for what is advertised as the last printing of
, the "Omega Edition." For anyone that hasn't played this game, it is a excellent two-player game that involves some excellent player interaction and screwage with some awesome artwork and mechanics (thinking of you @Dad_Scaper ) The game has been out of print for a couple of years now, and you can pick up the regular edition for less than $20 through this campaign. Check out it's page on BGG, where it has some excellent reviews by some very well-known names.

Disclaimer: I already own the game, and I don't have any financial interest in Small Box Games, but for anyone not aware, the owner and designer of Small Box Games is John Clowdus, who got his start designing customs on Heroscapers ( @justjohn was his user name, I believe). He has had some modest success with his company, but I think his games deserve much more recognition, particularly Omen and Hemloch, which are both excellent.

Anyway, check the Kickstarter out and maybe help out an old Hersocapers alumni in the process.

Last edited by akden; October 28th, 2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Fixed the @thingee!
Old October 28th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Links to YouTube & Kickstarter & a couple other sites (I believe) now prompt special links. Use it to your advantage, but sometimes it'll get in the way.

Thanks for pinging me, @akden , I signed up. Also, you are correct: John Clowdus, who is Small Box Games, is a veteran of 'Scapers, where he was an admin and contributed many fine images of his own customs & repaints. As you say, @justjohn was his user name.

= =
Old October 28th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Awesome. I didn't know @mad_wookiee 's profile was a Thunderous Cyclops!
Old October 28th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Awesome. I didn't know @mad_wookiee 's profile was a Thunderous Cyclops!
I'm pretty sure this is his review, but I may have my Wookies mixed up.

@Dad_Scaper : how come your @thingee worked with John's username, but mine didn't?
Old October 28th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

The thingies like to have a space at both ends. It is a challenge to me as a writer to make it seamless.

You can probably work around that problem in the edit box, but I haven't experimented.

= =
Old October 28th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Links to YouTube & Kickstarter & a couple other sites (I believe) now prompt special links. Use it to your advantage, but sometimes it'll get in the way.
Yeah, I've got to fix up the Kickstarter one. You can get at the project page by hitting the "K" in the upper left corner of the video, there needs to be something more direct.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old October 28th, 2014, 05:45 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Anyway, check the Kickstarter out and maybe help out an old Hersocapers alumni in the process.
I just backed my first kickstarter in this game. Looks interesting enough, you can't beat the price, and it's a 'Scaper to boot.

Best of luck @justjohn !

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games