Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 12th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Psycho-Man - Design Phase

Sounds good to me.
Old April 12th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Awesome. Good addition too.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 9th, 2014, 12:42 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

So things have stalled here - I can probably run an Initial sometime over the next week if you want, while waiting for Star-Lord to get rolling.
Old June 9th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds like a great idea!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 9th, 2014, 02:47 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Please do. I'm having to spend most of my time trying to hire teachers for next school year.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 53 - ARKHAM UNLEASHED
Old June 9th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Please do. I'm having to spend most of my time trying to hire teachers for next school year.
Too bad I won't be out of work until October at least ...!

Old June 10th, 2014, 10:11 AM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Thanks, but I think the commute to Arizona would be brutal.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 53 - ARKHAM UNLEASHED
Old June 15th, 2014, 11:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Psycho-Man

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS (Lack of Range feels weird for a "guy with a super futuristic suit" type of character, though.)

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS (Hate can get CRAZY in certain builds, but smart play can mitigate it pretty easily.)

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
FAIL (Unless you're in a one-on-one match, I can't really think of any situation where I'd use Fear and Doubt over Hate.)

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? YES!
- What should be the unit's point value? 170 POINTS
- Give a brief overview. He's pretty crappy one-on-one. Against units like Cyclops, who are pretty synergy-heavy, he can do some damage... but anyone with high attack can crack his defenses without much trouble. Fear and Doubt are good to have, but Hate is the big gun here.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 190 POINTS
- Give a brief overview. Only ran one test, since his power only works on Unique Heroes... and he's about as good as one would expect.
Map: Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh
Units: Psycho-Man (190 Points) vs. Vampire Minions x2 (180 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 200+ POINTS
- Give a brief overview. When you add Hate to the mix, Psycho-Man is SIGNIFICANTLY better. I realize in retrospect I could have attacks with Shield Throw, rather than Cap's normal attack, which could have saved Hulk's life and turned the tide... but really, any situation where you can make your enemies fight each other AND continue to attack them yourself is absolutely golden.
Units: Psycho-Man, Silver Surfer: Norrin Radd (590 Points) vs. Captain America, Incredible Hulk (590 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? ??? POINTS
- Give a brief overview. Terrible rolls makes this one a bloodbath - really nothing to talk about here, since Psycho-Man was killed without using a power or attacking.
Units: Psycho-Man, Joker I, Huge Strange, Scarecrow, Harley Quinn (805 Points) vs. Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Wonder Girl, Aqualad (800 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 160-170 POINTS
- Give a brief overview. Hate was fairly useful, but Psycho-Man's defenses only last so long, and he has to get into the thick of things to really get use from Control-Box, so he could only actually trigger it once. Not really sure what to make of him, really...
Units: Psycho-Man, Joker I, Huge Strange, Scarecrow, Harley Quinn (805 Points) vs. Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Wonder Girl, Aqualad (800 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 150-170 POINTS
- Give a brief overview. The combination of needing a roll, needing to be in close, and needing to reveal an Order Marker makes him VERY finicky to use. He can be worth his points, but as-is he'd need a point drop for sure.
Units: Psycho-Man, Baron Zemo: Heinrich Zemo, Enchantress, Mister Hyde (1000 Points) vs. Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, The Thing (1000 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

FINAL THOUGHTS: As-is, Psycho-Man is overcosted. Control-Box has potential, but I think in general he could use some tweaks.

A) Give him some Range. Pretty sure he can use those generic "energy blasts," so a short range of ~4 would make it a lot easier to space things out for him (you could possibly drop his attack, too, if you felt it necessary).
B) Boost Fear and Doubt. As-is, they're never something you'd use outside of specific scenarios. Alternatively, nerf Hate. Definitely drop the Attack boost, at least, you don't need any more incentive to use it than he already has.
C) Let him use Control-Box when paired with bonding heroes. He'd have been a lot more useful with Zemo if he could have used Control-Box without taking an Order Marker for himself specifically.
D) Drop the roll for Control-Box, either down some or altogether. Particularly when you need to get him in position right to use it (it being a start of turn power), it REALLY sucks when you allot him with one Order Marker for the round to trigger it... and he fails completely.

I think he'd be a lot more fun that way. As-is, he's essentially a "toss Order Marker 1 on, pick Hate, and hope for the best," which is alright, but I'd never draft him that way. He's got a lot of potential, though, so I think with some meddling he'd be much improved!
Old June 16th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

So you never wanted to use Fear or Doubt even when the marker for Hate was already spent?

Old June 16th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I would think that 5 Life/6 Defense would make him pretty tough, but I could definitely seem some changes to Control-Box. Personally, I would drop the attack boost from Hate and bump the other two to -2 on the stats. How much help do you think that would be, johnny?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old June 16th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
So you never wanted to use Fear or Doubt even when the marker for Hate was already spent?
Wasn't worth the Order Marker - particularly with a 25% chance of failure. If he's your only unit it'd probably be worth it, but I never had a game when he was the last man standing, or was the best choice of a Marker in general. A single melee attack of 4 isn't really anything to write home about.

I think those changes would be a good start, at least, TB. Maybe bring the roll down a bit, too. With that I think he'd be a lot more fun (and there'd be a lot more choice available, which is always preferable).

And it's entirely possible I just rolled poorly as far as survival goes.
Old June 17th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

75% chance of success seems plenty fine to me. I like TB's suggested changes, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library